Happy Birthday Card for Wplus9 – Paisley Patterns

Happy Birthday Wplus9

I’ve had the Paisley Patterns Stamp Set for a while now, but haven’t pulled it out yet.  What was I thinking?  It has a ton of little pieces and parts and is darling, but I wasn’t quite sure how to put them all together.

I played around for a while, came up with something ho-hum, then “gave in” and went to see what Dawn (the owner of Wplus9) herself did with it.

Palm to forehead moment.

Happy Birthday Wplus9

Aren’t these paisleys to die for?  Imagine the color combo possibilities.

Since this is a birthday card for Wplus9 and I’m entering it into their challenge this week, I was looking for a great birthday sentiment.  That’s when my Frankly Stamp Set by CAS-ual Fridays (LOVE this set!) came into play.  How much fun is this?

I also entered this into the Blue challenge on the CAS-ual Fridays blog.

wplus9 2

Supplies:

• Paisley Patterns Stamp Set (Wplus9), Frankly (CAS-ual Fridays)
  • Cardstock:  Whisper White, Basic Black, Pool Party, Primrose Petals (SU!)
  • Ink:  Island Indigo, StazOn Black, Black Marker (SU!)
  • Accessories:  Sequins, Leanna Butterfly (Simon Says Stamps), Rock Candy Distress Stickles (on butterfly), Rhinestones

Thanks for popping in today!

• Kristie February 11, 2014, 11:54 am

OHEMGEE!!! LOVE this so much! You rocked that paisley set!

• Tristan February 11, 2014, 5:09 pm

Lurve this card! WHat a wonderful stamp set that paisley set is. Great sentiment too!

• Virginia L. February 11, 2014, 6:00 pm

Wow, Catherine! I LOVE how you used the sentiment with all of your gorgeous layering and design details! It is absolutely FABULOUS! So glad that you join the fun with us at CAS-ual Fridays Stamps!

• Chris R. from Iowa February 11, 2014, 7:18 pm

I love paisley! This is such a fun card! I have to check out those stamps – that Frankly my Dear cracked me us!

• Michele Gross February 13, 2014, 4:07 pm

Absolutely fabulous my friend!! :)

• Heather North February 13, 2014, 5:57 pm

Frankly my dear, I cannot end that phrase with anything other than Rhett Butler and his southern accent in my head. :) Love the little butterfly you added. I think she could go on just about any card.

• Angie Tieman February 16, 2014, 9:06 pm

Wowza! This is gorgeous! Love all your layers, colors, and patterns, and mixed with that sentiment, it’s just perfect!

• Lea Lawson February 19, 2014, 12:38 am

This card is really so amazing!! I love how you’ve created the background paper with the paisley stamp set, and the sentiment is SO fun!!

Birthday Card Making Floral Gallery Projects

Party Collection: Spring Fling Release Blog Hop

MelonIce

Welcome Melon Ice! and a Father’s Day Card

MinttoBe

Ink Color #8 Clue and Welcome Mint to Be!

ItsABoy

Ink Color #7 Clue and Welcome It’s a Boy!

Happy Easter!

Happy Easter and a look at the Spring Fling products!

Pixie Dust 4

Ink Color #6 Clue and Welcome Pixie Dust!

It's a Girl2

Ink Color #5 Clue and Welcome It’s a Girl!

IAGTPhoto_1

Ink Color #4 Clue and Welcome Sweet Sixteen!

Garden Party 2

Ink Color #3 Clue and welcome Garden Party

GPartyTeasePhoto_2

Ink Color #2 clue and Welcome Bellini!

TeasePhoto_3

Ink Color Guessing Begins!

Sharing Collage 2

Tomorrow is a big day!

Sponged, Sprayed and Embossed

Sponged, Sprayed and Glitter Embossed

Glass Bead Glitter Gel and Brusho

Glass Bead Glitter Gel, Brusho and Stencils!

Double Points!

Celebrate the weekend with DOUBLE points!

We Moved!