Happy Birthday Card for Wplus9 – Paisley Patterns

Happy Birthday Wplus9

I’ve had the Paisley Patterns Stamp Set for a while now, but haven’t pulled it out yet.  What was I thinking?  It has a ton of little pieces and parts and is darling, but I wasn’t quite sure how to put them all together.

I played around for a while, came up with something ho-hum, then “gave in” and went to see what Dawn (the owner of Wplus9) herself did with it.

Palm to forehead moment.

Happy Birthday Wplus9

Aren’t these paisleys to die for?  Imagine the color combo possibilities.

Since this is a birthday card for Wplus9 and I’m entering it into their challenge this week, I was looking for a great birthday sentiment.  That’s when my Frankly Stamp Set by CAS-ual Fridays (LOVE this set!) came into play.  How much fun is this?

I also entered this into the Blue challenge on the CAS-ual Fridays blog.

wplus9 2

Supplies:

• Paisley Patterns Stamp Set (Wplus9), Frankly (CAS-ual Fridays)
  • Cardstock:  Whisper White, Basic Black, Pool Party, Primrose Petals (SU!)
  • Ink:  Island Indigo, StazOn Black, Black Marker (SU!)
  • Accessories:  Sequins, Leanna Butterfly (Simon Says Stamps), Rock Candy Distress Stickles (on butterfly), Rhinestones

Thanks for popping in today!

• Kristie February 11, 2014, 11:54 am

OHEMGEE!!! LOVE this so much! You rocked that paisley set!

• Tristan February 11, 2014, 5:09 pm

Lurve this card! WHat a wonderful stamp set that paisley set is. Great sentiment too!

• Virginia L. February 11, 2014, 6:00 pm

Wow, Catherine! I LOVE how you used the sentiment with all of your gorgeous layering and design details! It is absolutely FABULOUS! So glad that you join the fun with us at CAS-ual Fridays Stamps!

• Chris R. from Iowa February 11, 2014, 7:18 pm

I love paisley! This is such a fun card! I have to check out those stamps – that Frankly my Dear cracked me us!

• Michele Gross February 13, 2014, 4:07 pm

Absolutely fabulous my friend!! :)

• Heather North February 13, 2014, 5:57 pm

Frankly my dear, I cannot end that phrase with anything other than Rhett Butler and his southern accent in my head. :) Love the little butterfly you added. I think she could go on just about any card.

• Angie Tieman February 16, 2014, 9:06 pm

Wowza! This is gorgeous! Love all your layers, colors, and patterns, and mixed with that sentiment, it’s just perfect!

• Lea Lawson February 19, 2014, 12:38 am

This card is really so amazing!! I love how you’ve created the background paper with the paisley stamp set, and the sentiment is SO fun!!

Birthday Card Making Floral Gallery Projects

Stamp of Approval Project guide

Who’s looking for inspiration?

Winterhaven-Stamp-of-Approval-Joy-Wreath-Feature-Image

Pink Snowflake Joy and WINNERS!

SOA Winterhaven Joy Chalkboard 2

Blog Hop Day 3: Chalkboard Holiday Cards and Watercolored Wreath

SOA Winterhaven Joy wreath 2

Blog Hop Day 2: Tis the Season Wreath Card and Faux Metal Accents

SOA Winterhaven Tags 2

Winterhaven Stamp of Approval Collection Blog Hop Day 1: Good Stuff Tags

SOA Winterhaven carolers 2

Winterhaven Stamp of Approval Preview Day 2: Here We Come A-Caroling

SOA Winterhaven Watercolor Poinsettia

Winterhaven Stamp of Approval Preview Day 1: Tis the Season and Here We Come A Caroling Stamp Sets

View More: http://em-grey.pass.us/catherine-pooler-august-2016-em-grey-photography-raleigh-nc

Card Making Goodness is out of control! (in a very, very good way)

wcmd2017_blogfb (1)

World Card Making Day Sponsors

WCMDcollage

Our World Card Making Day Weekend begins on Friday!

Multi-Step Stamping and Angled Card Front 4

Multi-Step Stamping, Tone on Tone Stenciling and Angled Card Fronts

SOA-CPBlogPost

Clean & Graphic Leaf Motifs with Maureen

Congrats with Arjita Singh

Creating a Winter Sunset Scene

Creating a Winter Sunset Scene Tutorial at StampNation

Hello Clean and Simple

Fun and Fabulous Items Coming to the Shop!

Soft Stenciling with Heather