Happy Birthday Card for Wplus9 – Paisley Patterns

Happy Birthday Wplus9

I’ve had the Paisley Patterns Stamp Set for a while now, but haven’t pulled it out yet.  What was I thinking?  It has a ton of little pieces and parts and is darling, but I wasn’t quite sure how to put them all together.

I played around for a while, came up with something ho-hum, then “gave in” and went to see what Dawn (the owner of Wplus9) herself did with it.

Palm to forehead moment.

Happy Birthday Wplus9

Aren’t these paisleys to die for?  Imagine the color combo possibilities.

Since this is a birthday card for Wplus9 and I’m entering it into their challenge this week, I was looking for a great birthday sentiment.  That’s when my Frankly Stamp Set by CAS-ual Fridays (LOVE this set!) came into play.  How much fun is this?

I also entered this into the Blue challenge on the CAS-ual Fridays blog.

wplus9 2

Supplies:

• Paisley Patterns Stamp Set (Wplus9), Frankly (CAS-ual Fridays)
  • Cardstock:  Whisper White, Basic Black, Pool Party, Primrose Petals (SU!)
  • Ink:  Island Indigo, StazOn Black, Black Marker (SU!)
  • Accessories:  Sequins, Leanna Butterfly (Simon Says Stamps), Rock Candy Distress Stickles (on butterfly), Rhinestones

Thanks for popping in today!

• Kristie February 11, 2014, 11:54 am

OHEMGEE!!! LOVE this so much! You rocked that paisley set!

• Tristan February 11, 2014, 5:09 pm

Lurve this card! WHat a wonderful stamp set that paisley set is. Great sentiment too!

• Virginia L. February 11, 2014, 6:00 pm

Wow, Catherine! I LOVE how you used the sentiment with all of your gorgeous layering and design details! It is absolutely FABULOUS! So glad that you join the fun with us at CAS-ual Fridays Stamps!

• Chris R. from Iowa February 11, 2014, 7:18 pm

I love paisley! This is such a fun card! I have to check out those stamps – that Frankly my Dear cracked me us!

• Michele Gross February 13, 2014, 4:07 pm

Absolutely fabulous my friend!! :)

• Heather North February 13, 2014, 5:57 pm

Frankly my dear, I cannot end that phrase with anything other than Rhett Butler and his southern accent in my head. :) Love the little butterfly you added. I think she could go on just about any card.

• Angie Tieman February 16, 2014, 9:06 pm

Wowza! This is gorgeous! Love all your layers, colors, and patterns, and mixed with that sentiment, it’s just perfect!

• Lea Lawson February 19, 2014, 12:38 am

This card is really so amazing!! I love how you’ve created the background paper with the paisley stamp set, and the sentiment is SO fun!!

Birthday Card Making Floral Gallery Projects

RainbowButterflies

Butterfly Rainbow with the Rock and Roll Technique!

View More: http://em-grey.pass.us/catherine-pooler-october-2016-em-grey-photography-raleigh-nc

Best Practices for the Midnight Ink Pad

Alana and Petey

The “Petey” Experience

Spring Sale

More Creativation Favorites

Perfect Banners 7

CP’s Favorite Things from Creativation!

Creativation

Straight from Creativation

Embossing Paste and Stencils 2

Embossing Paste with Stencils with The Perfect Reason SOA

Second Generation Stamping with The Perfect Reason Collection YT

Second Generation (and ombre!) Stamping with The Perfect Reason

CASEing Allison and CP 3

Creating a Clean and Simple Card – CASEing with The Perfect Reason SOA!

This Week at StampNation…

Using Dies as Stencils Catherine Pooler

Using Dies as Stencils with The Perfect Reason SOA

Eva and Catherine Valentine's Day Card 2

The Cutest Video Hop Ever – Valentine’s Day Card by Eva

PerfectReason_Instagram_AvailableNow

The Perfect Reason SOA Winners!

31925642823_b0b86fde71_z

The Perfect Reason SOA is now available!

ProjectGuide