Ghost Stamping with Distress Paint

Ghost Stamping with Distress Paint Catherine Pooler

In today’s video I’m bravely sharing with you the biggest stamping mistake of my life.  You have to see it to believe it.  And truly, I wish I had turned the video camera on.  This was crazy!

Once you get done giggling at me, the video will show you how to use Distress Paints (the RIGHT way!) and Ghost Stamping!

I hope you can learn from this stamping debacle!  Distress Paints are fun and gave the Ghost Stamping Technique a fun twist.  I hope you will try it!

StampNation Members – this is our challenge of the week.  I can’t wait to see what you create!

Click here to view the challenge.

Click here to view the StampNation exclusive video (tutorial #321) where I explained how I broke through my lack of mojo along with 3 more sample Ghosting Technique samples.

Ghost Stamping with Distress Paint You can also try this technique with stamping a background stamp in white, then a different image on top.  Or try a flower, circles or other graphic images stamped in white, the off-set a hair and stamped again in another color.  Try it!  It’s awesome!

Supplies:

• Perfect Pennants Stamp Set (WM: 133227, CM: 133230)
  • Cardstock:  Crumb Cake, Basic Black, Raspberry Ripple, 101856 Vellum,124005 Silver Glimmer Paper,
  • Ink:  White Distress Ink, Versamark, Raspberry Ripple
  • Accessories:  Sequins and Pom Pom Trim (Pretty Pink Posh), Black Embossing Powder, Heat Tool

Ghost Stamping with Distress Paint

What do you think you will try?  Ghost Stamping with Distress Paint?  White Craft Ink?  Will you stamp the same image in white, then again in a color?

I’d love to know your ideas for using this technique…tons of fun things you can do with the same idea and products! Give it a go and let me know how it turned out! I ESPECIALLY want to know if you have a big stamping boo-boo!  Then, I’ll know I’m not alone…

• Jeanette Land February 7, 2014, 5:13 pm

Whoops! Thank you Catherine for sharing

• Carolina Flores February 7, 2014, 9:03 pm

Pretty card. love it!

• Kimie February 8, 2014, 12:08 am

OMGee! I am cracking up at you and that paint. LPL :) Laughing WITH you and not at you because that is the kind of thing I would do and would be having a hissy fit for sure. Your card is gorgeous. I am really liking this ghost stamping and the distress paints/ink. Thank you for all you go through for us, including ink all over your craft room and YOU! Love you!

• Cheli February 8, 2014, 6:23 pm

Beautiful card! And, love the paint mishap.. Glad I’m not the only one these things happen too ;)

• Lagene February 12, 2014, 1:15 pm

HE he he, I’m still chuckling! Thanks for the video of your card making technique, I love how you folded the vellum & glued on the back! I don’t know how many times & how many ways I’ve struggled to “attach” vellum to a card, GREAT IDEA! Thanks!

• Maria Rodriguez March 5, 2014, 5:17 pm

LOL Catherine!! I couldn’t help but really laugh at that picture of you with all the pain all over your hair. It’s awful when this kinds of mishaps happen, been there done that!!! Live and learn. Thank you for showing us the correct way to use those fabulous distress ink bottles.

• Anne Marie March 6, 2014, 2:25 am

Omgosh … Déjà vu with that paint mess .. you and I had the same thing happened with a Dauber ..But mine was a different color ..wish mine would’ve been white .. Gosh I know how hard you had to scrub to get that paint up .. Sorry to hear that ,what a pain .. My computer was nowhere near it.. I’m thanking God .. I totally lost it.. Trying to save my pile of work .. Now it had taught me to keep clean and clear my work area .smile it will never happen again . And FYI I wish I had a picture of me .. It was huge .. My husband couldn’t believe that that big of a mess was from that little dauber .that it had that much in it ..to make that big of a mess. Oh you know what I’m saying is so true … Brilliant photo .. Hugs Stampin Sista Anne

• Mary H. March 6, 2014, 6:32 pm

Hi Catherine, Loved the video. Thanks for sharing your boo-boo with us. I learn more (and get more encouraged) when I see the ‘experts’ mess up. It makes me feel more encouraged about my own flubs, and it’s good to learn the correct techniques too. Also very handy to see how a professional ‘fixes’ the mistake and still has a beautiful card. I think this is usually more helpful to me personally, than seeing a mistake free beautiful card! TFS.

• Therese February 6, 2015, 5:56 am

TFS Catherine, good to know you can admit to having problems to.

Gallery Projects Techniques Videos

Happy-Birthday-Cake-Card-by-Taheerah-Atchia-001

Sweet Birthday with Taheerah Atchia

Screen Shot 2017-05-28 at 6.46.40 PM

Behind-the-scenes: may include tears

Beautiful-You-Ingrid-Blackburn

Prominent Sentiments with Ingrid Blackburn

Shaped Card detail wm

Circle Shaped Card with Chrissie Tobas

SOA WInners

Stamp of Approval Winners!

Happy Birthday Watercolor and Embossed Card 2