Rustic Wreath PTI with Metal Tag

Rustic Wreath Metal Tag 3

Welcome to the Dazzling Diva Challenge #4!  This week we have a color challenge for you, along with a photo inspiration.

DAZZLING DIVA CHALLENGE #4

Isn’t this a stunning, inspirational photo?

For a brand-new challenge, we were so excited to see 25 entries last week!  Can we break 25 this week?  I hope so!  (psst…there is a gift certificate to the Add a Little Dazzle store up for grabs!)  See the full details and participate here.

Rustic Wreath Metal Tag

The first thing I did to make this card was to cut the wreath out with my Rustic Wreath Framelit, then stamp the coordinating image over it with Versamark Ink.  A bit of White Embossing Powder and coloring with Copic Markers (YG91, YG95).

Next step – the Coastal Cabana Layer.  I sponged a piece of 3-3/4″ square piece of Whisper White Cardstock with Coastal Cabana Ink, then stamped Hero Arts Canvas Background over it in the same ink color.

I wanted a softer look to the card, so I decided to add a piece of Vellum Cardstock over it, attaching it with stitching from my sewing machine.

Embossed White Cardstock on a Coastal Cabana Layer on a White cardbase was  a great backdrop for the rest of the card that was coming together.

Rustic Wreath Metal Tag

The final touch was the “Noel” adhered to two matching tags (Designer Mini Tags by taylored expressions)…one in white and one in Scarlet Red Metal Sheet.

There is a sweet little red cut out on the tag and I wanted it to remain intact on the red metal piece, so when I took it out of the die, I added a Dimensional to the back and it held that heart in place.

A few Cherry Cobbler Dazzling Details “berries” and some White Baker’s Twine on the tags finish off this card.

I hope you enjoyed today’s card and will enter the challenge with us.

• Elisabeth December 11, 2013, 3:18 pm

This card is so beautiful, fancy, great color combi. Thank you!!
    Greetings from Germany Elisabeth

• Michelle Nun December 11, 2013, 7:31 pm

Beautiful card Catherine. I love your take on this week’s challenge.

• Maureen Merritt December 12, 2013, 6:22 am

I love this card! LOVE the little pops of red. Yup, I definitely need to get this set!

• Kristie December 12, 2013, 11:50 am

This is so beautiful. I keep seeing you use this set and it is making me want it. You enabler! ;)

• Kari Mason December 13, 2013, 9:45 pm

Great Card Catherine, it’s beautiful!

• kathy serrahn October 23, 2014, 12:37 pm

awesome card

Big Shot Christmas Copic Markers Embossing Gallery Projects

winners

Winners for the Stamp of Approval Blog Hops!

Counting Blessings Fallen Leaves1

Counting Blessings Stamp of Approval Blog Hop Day 3: Stencil and Watercolored Backgrounds

Fallen Leaves 4

Counting Blessings Stamp of Approval Blog Hop Day 2: Fallen Leaves

Bloomin' Bouquet 1.1

Counting Blessings Stamp of Approval Blog Hop Day 1: Bloomin’ Bouquet

Counting Blessings Thankful

Counting Blessings – Grateful, Thankful, Blessed

Counting Blessings Until Further Notice

Counting Blessings – Stenciling with Multiple Colors

Counting Blessings Faux Bleaching

Counting Blessings Stamp of Approval – Faux Bleaching

CountingBlesings_BlogFBComingSoon

A Quick Card and a peek at the Counting Blessings Stamp of Approval Collection!

IngridCU-CP-FP-2b

The Perfect Pear with Ingrid Blackburn

Chrissie_Pineapple

Masked Mod Flower Stencil with Chrissie Tobas

ECShow_Instagram

Enchanted Cottage, here I come!

Floral Background KISS Cards_3

Floral Background: KISS Cards

citrushello

Summer Citrus with Melissa Miller

Mod Flower Watercolor Card 2

Using Stencils as Stamps – Brick Wall with Graffiti Style Sentiments

How to reink youtube

How to Reink your Ink Pads- sounds easy, but you’ll want these tips!

pineapplethanks