Holiday Ornament Window Card

ornament cut out card 2

Here it is, December 7th…it’s about time to be sending out Christmas Cards.  Have you sent yours yet?  I haven’t even USED all the Holiday Stamp Sets that I purchased this year.  Shame on me!

I seem to keep reaching for the same ones…and the Keepsakes Ornaments and coordinating Framelits have been go-to supplies this year.

I was inspired by Sieze the Sketch for this card today.

Holiday Ornament Cut out card

How to make this card:

1. Start with a 5-1/2 x 8-1/2″ peice of cardstock folded in half.
  2. Adhere 4 x 5-1/4″ piece of Designer Series Paper to card base.
  3. Cut Pool Party Cardstock to 3-3/4 x 5 and cut out Ornament Framelit.
  4. Heat Emboss greeting in silver.
  5. Wrap Baker’s Twine around top and tie.
  6. Add layer to card base with lots of dimensionals.
  7. Add rhinestone and you’re done!

Pretty simple and quite striking if I do say so myself!

If you like tutorials like this, subscribe to my newsletter to get one just like it delivered to your inbox every week!

Just enter your info in the PINK SUBSCRIBE BOX at the top of the sidebar on my blog.  See you on the other side!

Holiday Ornament Cut out card

Supplies (all Stampin’ Up unless otherwise noted):

• Rustic Wreath Stamp Set (for greeting – Papertrey Ink)
  • Cardstock:  100730 Whisper White, 122924 Pool Party
  • Ink: 102283 Versamark
  • Accessories:  Keepsakes Ornaments Framelits, 124262 Baker’s Twine, Rhinestones, 109131 Silver Embossing Powder, 129053 Heat Tool, 103083 Embossing Buddy, 132341 Winter Frost Designer Series Paper

All SU supplies can be purchased in my Online Store if you so desire! :)

Thanks for popping in and happy holiday prep to YOU!

• Kristie December 7, 2013, 5:45 pm

ACK! Love this one! Pinning to use for next year. I am all done and have sent all, well almost all, of my Christmas cards out already. Thanks for the awesome idea.

• Chris R. from Iowa December 7, 2013, 6:03 pm

I am almost done with my cards but I am needing a few more different ones. I think I will have to try this as it is easily mailed without too many embelishments or layers but still has the wow factor! I love trying new ways to use the framelets too. Another duh moment, why didn’t I think about trying that? Thanks for all you great ideas!

• Carole Dixon December 7, 2013, 6:23 pm

Love the take on this and the use of the bauble die with the patterned paper behind. Very effective!

• Tristan Dawes December 8, 2013, 3:32 am

Fab card Catherine. Love the simplicity!

• Cheryl Pelroy Carnes December 8, 2013, 4:32 am

This card is so beautiful. I have not finished my cards yet, but iwould ,ike to try this one. Thank you, and Seasons Greetings to you and yours.

• Debbie December 8, 2013, 11:28 am

Catherine, this is beautiful. The Winter Frost DSP is just gorgeous peaking out from under the cardstock. And the single rhinestone . . . stunning.

• ~amy~ December 8, 2013, 2:24 pm

Love your take on the sketch! Awesome use of the negative cut!
    Thanks for joining us at Seize the Sketch!

• rae barthel December 8, 2013, 4:22 pm

this is BEAUTIFUL Catherine!! Love the colors and the gorgeous greeting!!

• Connie MacFarlane December 9, 2013, 11:56 am

This is so pretty Catherine! Love the ornament window you created and the great designer paper.

Big Shot Christmas Gallery

RainbowButterflies

Butterfly Rainbow with the Rock and Roll Technique!

View More: http://em-grey.pass.us/catherine-pooler-october-2016-em-grey-photography-raleigh-nc

Best Practices for the Midnight Ink Pad

Alana and Petey

The “Petey” Experience

Spring Sale

More Creativation Favorites

Perfect Banners 7

CP’s Favorite Things from Creativation!

Creativation

Straight from Creativation

Embossing Paste and Stencils 2

Embossing Paste with Stencils with The Perfect Reason SOA

Second Generation Stamping with The Perfect Reason Collection YT

Second Generation (and ombre!) Stamping with The Perfect Reason

CASEing Allison and CP 3

Creating a Clean and Simple Card – CASEing with The Perfect Reason SOA!

This Week at StampNation…

Using Dies as Stencils Catherine Pooler

Using Dies as Stencils with The Perfect Reason SOA

Eva and Catherine Valentine's Day Card 2

The Cutest Video Hop Ever – Valentine’s Day Card by Eva

PerfectReason_Instagram_AvailableNow

The Perfect Reason SOA Winners!

31925642823_b0b86fde71_z

The Perfect Reason SOA is now available!

ProjectGuide