Using Copic Markers and Stampin’ Up! – Video Tutorial

Copic Marker Video Tutorial, Poinsettia Christmas Card

Do you want my honest opinion here?  I’m betting you do.  So I’m ready to fess up.

When I saw the Joyful Christmas Stamp Set with this poinsettia card in the Stampin’ Up! Holiday Catalog, I didn’t like it.  At ALL!

Now I’ve made three cards with it, this one, Be the Gold and Vellum Poinsettia Card for A Very Trendy Classroom and now I’m kinda loving this stamp.  What up with that!!???

I especially love how this card came out when I colored it with Copic Markers.  View the video tutorial and I’ll show you how it was done! (viewing in your email?  click the title to visit the post online).

Measurements:

• Base:  8-1/2 x 4-1/4
  • Black Layer:  4 x 5-1/4
  • Cherry Cobbler Layer:  4-5/8 x 3-3/8
  • Designer Series Paper:  4-1/2 x 3-1/4
  • Greeting Banner:  3-1/2 x 1

Copic Marker Video Tutorial, Poinsettia Christmas Card

Supplies (Stampin’ Up unless otherwise noted):

• Joyful Christmas Stamp Set (WM: 131802, CM: 131805)
  • Cardstock:  101650 Very Vanilla, 121045 Basic Black
  • Ink:  Memento Black
  • Copics:  R24, R29, R59, Y18
  • Accessories:  126926 Modern Medley Designer Series Paper, 101055 Crystal Effects, 125595 Adorning Accents Edgelits

Copic Marker Video Tutorial, Poinsettia Christmas Card

Click here if you’d like to see another video tutorial on Copic Markers and Stampin’ Up products.

Very Trendy Holiday

The classroom is open!

Jump start your holiday creativity with this Online Class.

-More details here-

• Barbara Green November 2, 2013, 11:20 am

This is a beautiful card as many others you have made.

• HeatherN_WA November 2, 2013, 12:00 pm

The card is nice, but girlfriend, YOU look marvelous darling, simply marvelous! I love your hair and your pretty soft curls. :) Thanks for all the tips on coloring this image. Keep it up and I’m going to have to buy this stamp set.

• Catherine November 2, 2013, 12:21 pm

Thank you, Barbara!
    Lol, Heather, thank you for the compliment! I am going to NOLA tomorrow, and need to leave my straightening iron home for my daughter (WHAT!!?? since when is HER hair more important than MINE?) so I was testing out some curls. Glad you like them! thank you! :)

• Sherry November 3, 2013, 10:39 am

I didn’t care for that set either but you are really tapping into its potential. Love the coloring! Thanks for inspiring us.

• Kristie November 3, 2013, 4:38 pm

Amazing card, Catherine! This poinsettia stamp is growing on me too. I didn’t love it but seeing what you have done with it lately is making me want/need it. :)
    BTW, love your curls too. ;)

• Sabine November 5, 2013, 8:07 pm

Oh are you ever gorgeous! I like the card too :) Love the outfit on you, stunning!
    Also, I wasn’t too keen on the SS either, but ordered it last week since I’ve seen you do a few cards and one kinda needs a good poisettia set. Thanks for poping up this SS so many ways which somewhat went under.

• Catherine Pooler November 6, 2013, 12:34 am

You are so crazy, Sabine! ;) Thank you, my dear!

Christmas Copic Markers Gallery Techniques Videos

Counting Blessings Fallen Leaves1

Counting Blessings Stamp of Approval Blog Hop Day 3: Stencil and Watercolored Backgrounds

Fallen Leaves 4

Counting Blessings Stamp of Approval Blog Hop Day 2: Fallen Leaves

Bloomin' Bouquet 1.1

Counting Blessings Stamp of Approval Blog Hop Day 1: Bloomin’ Bouquet

Counting Blessings Thankful

Counting Blessings – Grateful, Thankful, Blessed

Counting Blessings Until Further Notice

Counting Blessings – Stenciling with Multiple Colors

Counting Blessings Faux Bleaching

Counting Blessings Stamp of Approval – Faux Bleaching

CountingBlesings_BlogFBComingSoon

A Quick Card and a peek at the Counting Blessings Stamp of Approval Collection!

IngridCU-CP-FP-2b

The Perfect Pear with Ingrid Blackburn

Chrissie_Pineapple

Masked Mod Flower Stencil with Chrissie Tobas

ECShow_Instagram

Enchanted Cottage, here I come!

Floral Background KISS Cards_3

Floral Background: KISS Cards

citrushello

Summer Citrus with Melissa Miller

Mod Flower Watercolor Card 2

Using Stencils as Stamps – Brick Wall with Graffiti Style Sentiments

How to reink youtube

How to Reink your Ink Pads- sounds easy, but you’ll want these tips!

pineapplethanks