Rustic Wreath PTI with Pink snowflakes!

Rustic Wreath Papertrey Ink Stamp Set

When I saw the Muse this week at the CASE Study Challenge Blog, I knew right away that this was the perfect opportunity to make my traditional pink snowflake card!  (Every year, I make at least one pink snowflake card…I luv em!).

After a very hectic (and fabulous!) two days of approving and setting up accounts for my new online class, A Very Trendy Holiday, it was great to get lost in stamping for a bit.

Rustic Wreath Papertrey Ink Stamp Set

A few bits and pieces of what I did on this card:

• clear embossed the snowflakes from the Christmas Harmony stamp set by Penny Black, then sponged Worn Lipstick Distress Ink over it.
  • sponged Worn Lipstick Distress Ink over the snowflakes – snowflakes stay white as the clear embossed image resists the ink.  This is called the Clear Emboss Resist Technique!
  • used the three little dot stamp from Rustic Wreath by PTI, stamped in Versamark, poured on Iridescent Ice Embossing Powder – heat.
  • cut wreath with die and Big Shot, stamp coordinating image on the wreath with Versamark, add Iridescent Ice EP and heat.  What an amazing, soft, sparkly look!
  • stamp sentiment in silver ink, quickly pour Iridescent Ice EP over it and heat for a slightly sparkly look!

Rustic Wreath Papertrey Ink Stamp Set

I had a bit of trouble photographing and editing this one…it’s a bit more stunning in person.  I wish you could see it!

Supplies:

• Stamp Sets:  Rustic Wreath (PTI), Christmas Harmony (Penny Black)
  • Cardstock:  Brushed Silver, Whisper White
  • Ink: Silver Encore, Versamark
  • Accessories:  Rustic Wreath Die (PTI), Iridescent Ice Embossing Powder, Clear EP, Heat Tool, Embossing Buddy

Just in case you are wondering….

Occasionally I get emails from readers asking me why I am using other products…meaning, products that are not Stampin’ Up!  I did address this a few months ago, but you may have missed it.  Read that post here.

My paper crafting business looks very, very different than when I started it 10 years ago.  Heck, it looks different than just 12 months ago!

As my blog has grown and evolved, I now see myself as more of a teacher rather than a “salesperson”.

As I have gotten to know my readers more (through my blog and StampNation), my eyes have opened to the world outside SU.  The majority of my audience does not stick to just one company and they would like to see and learn about many different products and techniques and all kinds of stamping goodness.

I have really enjoyed getting to know other products and companies on the market.  There are so many wonderful things out there to get crafty with!

You may or may not know that Stampin’ Up has loosened their “restrictions” on demonstrators.

Demonstrators are now “allowed” to use other products and become experts in the field of paper crafting.  This gives me the freedom to incorporate other products into my crafting.   YAY for Stampin’ UP!!!

Most of the feedback I have gotten has been very positive and most viewers love seeing me using many different products.

When people are INclusive rather than EXclusive, it seems like something magic happens…this may sound corny, but it’s true!  That brings me to StampNation.

Maureen and I (and the rest of the DT) have worked hard to create an atmosphere of inclusion.  Anyone and everyone is welcome, no matter what products you use.  And boy, I gotta tell ya, StampNation is a HAPPY place.  So refreshing and amazing and it makes me feel blessed.

I love Stampin’ Up! product.  I will continue to use it and show you the things that I love….but my first LOVE is paper crafting, which includes more than SU at times.

Again, my goal is to teach people to become great paper crafters themselves.   Part of that is when you see a card and you find yourself not having the same supplies, you are able to use my artwork to inspire you to create something you love using what you have on hand.

If you don’t have the same flower that I have, no problem!  Use one that is on your shelf!  Don’t have that greeting?  I encourage you to see what greeting you DO have that will work, regardless of what company’s products you use.

I’m not here to shove product on you and make you buy tons of stuff.  I’m here to educate, inspire and love paper crafting right alongside you.

I hope I have cleared this up so you aren’t surprised when you come to my blog and see product from Stampin’ Up along with many different companies here.  Thank you for visiting me, let me know if you have any questions.

I am a big fan of INclusion.  I think it’s wonderful.

• Pam Swope October 25, 2013, 11:57 am

Bravo!

• Betsy Hunter October 25, 2013, 1:26 pm

Catherine –you’re so right, I couldn’t have said it better myself. I love paper crafting and have enjoyed learning so much from you. You’re card is great and I’m so glad SU has changed.

• Kristie October 25, 2013, 1:57 pm

Great card and post! XO

• Lynn Fletcher October 25, 2013, 3:06 pm

Wow! If others don’t see how refreshing it is to see other paper crafting items outside of SU, then they don’t understand how much more creative one becomes if they don’t have that particular – stamp, paper, ink etc. Great post and card! :)

• Linda Wilkinson October 25, 2013, 5:59 pm

Beautiful card I just love your pink snowflake cards!!!! Thanks for sharing!

• Sherry in MI October 26, 2013, 1:52 am

Love your pink snowflakes. I just received my Rustic Wreath stamp set from
    PTI the other day. Love that company! I probably have as many PTI stamp
    sets as I do Stampin’Up! Great that SU has relaxed its restrictions and allows
    you to use other product. Can’t tell you how many times I “combine” sets
    from different companies in my card crafting….the best of all possible worlds,
    IMHO. Thanks for the inspiration. My wheels are turning as I write this…..

• Jeanne J October 28, 2013, 10:19 pm

Your embossing is wonderful and I love the delicate wreath die cuts.

• Loly Borda October 30, 2013, 12:59 am

To be honest with you, I always liked your work, but I do more now seeing the variety of products and techniques you use all the time. Love that! Yay for INclusion!

• Kristie October 30, 2013, 7:40 am

Congratulations on your top 3 win over at CASE study! You rock! :)

Projects

Stamp of Approval Project guide

Who’s looking for inspiration?

Winterhaven-Stamp-of-Approval-Joy-Wreath-Feature-Image

Pink Snowflake Joy and WINNERS!

SOA Winterhaven Joy Chalkboard 2

Blog Hop Day 3: Chalkboard Holiday Cards and Watercolored Wreath

SOA Winterhaven Joy wreath 2

Blog Hop Day 2: Tis the Season Wreath Card and Faux Metal Accents

SOA Winterhaven Tags 2

Winterhaven Stamp of Approval Collection Blog Hop Day 1: Good Stuff Tags

SOA Winterhaven carolers 2

Winterhaven Stamp of Approval Preview Day 2: Here We Come A-Caroling

SOA Winterhaven Watercolor Poinsettia

Winterhaven Stamp of Approval Preview Day 1: Tis the Season and Here We Come A Caroling Stamp Sets

View More: http://em-grey.pass.us/catherine-pooler-august-2016-em-grey-photography-raleigh-nc

Card Making Goodness is out of control! (in a very, very good way)

wcmd2017_blogfb (1)

World Card Making Day Sponsors

WCMDcollage

Our World Card Making Day Weekend begins on Friday!

Multi-Step Stamping and Angled Card Front 4

Multi-Step Stamping, Tone on Tone Stenciling and Angled Card Fronts

SOA-CPBlogPost

Clean & Graphic Leaf Motifs with Maureen

Congrats with Arjita Singh

Creating a Winter Sunset Scene

Creating a Winter Sunset Scene Tutorial at StampNation

Hello Clean and Simple

Fun and Fabulous Items Coming to the Shop!

Soft Stenciling with Heather