Photopolymer Stamps, Wood Stamps, Clear Mount Stamps, oh, MY!

I’ve heard some junk talkin’ about Photopolymer stamps lately and I wanted to set the record straight.

Repeat after me.

Photopolymer Stamps Rock.

There.  You said it.  Now watch the video and believe it.  (If you are viewing through email, click the title to view on my blog)

LOL!  I had fun showing you what I love about PS (or clear stamps).

Leave me a comment and lmk your preference…and if it’s not photopolymer, you’re dead to me.

I’ve been trying to upload this video for hours and it kept failing…guess I’m punchy!  You all know I’m jokin’ with ya, right?  ;)

MWAH!  You like whatever you want to like!

just as long as it’s photopolymer.

just kidding…

BTW- you can see all of SU’s Photopolymer stamp sets here.  check ‘em out!

• Lane October 22, 2013, 9:34 pm

I personally LOVE photopolymer stamps. I didn’t know SU sold them and am so excited about it. Loved the video.

• Laura October 23, 2013, 1:08 am

All I can say is…welcome to the real world SU!!! I love photopolymer stamps. You can see exactly what and where you’re stamping. Make them ALL that way!!

• Ann Scanlon October 23, 2013, 5:33 am

Clear stamps every time for the reasons you described in your video.

• Katrina October 23, 2013, 7:20 am

Do you find that over time the Photopolymer stamps lose their stickiness? I started with photopolymer but found that after awhile they got dirty and wouldn’t stick as well and were hard to clean. Also I like how Stampin up’s clear stamps store. I have tried the Stampin up Photopolymer stamp sets and will be ordering the Christmas one this week, they seem to be better quality than other one’s I’ve tried.

• Alissa H. October 23, 2013, 8:04 am

Hey, Catherine. Like you said in the video, SU stamps are heirloom stamps. I’m willing to pay a little more for a stamp set that will not rip – ever. I haven’t tried the SU Photopolymer sets yet because they’ve only just come out with one that I really like and don’t have anything like – that do not open until Christmas tag type set. I intend to buy it and see but it is my personal opinion that my craft room needs all three types. Cheaper clear acrylic/polymer for trendy stuff that I will grow tired of, and the traditional rubber for the sets I know I will love forever. Not being someone who sells it, I can tell you that I still love and use some of my SU sets from the late 90’s. However, I have some newer clear stamps from another stamp company that have ripped in half over time (a rather short time). I’ve seen them get gummy and been very disappointed to have them rip as I was preparing to stamp with them. For clarity purposes, my stamps are all stored in a temperature controlled home, just like me. Not once have I had a problem with my old (late 1990’s) Stampin Up stamps.

• Catherine October 23, 2013, 10:12 am

Katrina – honestly I haven’t…yet…but I am new to PS. There are some PS that are inferior, and I have returned some because they don’t stamp a good image.

Alissa, great thoughts! I agree, if you are concerned with heirloom quality, yes, purchase the ones you know you will want to keep for a long time in rubber. Trendy ones, PS all the way! :)

• Jackie Lelii October 23, 2013, 12:15 pm

Thank you for the explanation of the poly stamps. I have some and because I am still learning (aren’t we all) I couldn’t get them to stamp well. Now I know what to do.

• Debbie October 23, 2013, 9:04 pm

Not having much history with photopolymer, I have to say clear mount… but I love any stamp that I simply can’t resist. Great video and thanks.

• Teresa October 24, 2013, 4:00 am

I’ve been using Photopolymer Stamps for a while now along with the SU Clear Stamps. The brand of PS I use is really good quality and I do like them a lot as opposed to wood mount stamps. I am glad that SU has decided to make the photopolymer type. My top reason for switching from wood to clear and photopolymer is that they take up MUCH LESS space. I have waaaaaayyyy too many stamps and not enough room so storage is definitely an issue with me. However, I wish that the SU photopolymer stamps came in a better package. If SU would redesign their packaging for the poly stamps and keep making a bigger variety, I would be a very happy camper (stamper)!! Oh and I LOVED the part in the video where your little dog walked through the room! It was like he looked at you and said, “Oh, another video…” and kept on walking. HA!! So cute!

• bonscraft October 24, 2013, 5:49 am

Hi Catherine

You will get a perfect impression regardless of the inkpad if you place a sheet of craft foam or a special foam stamp mat under your card or paper. With rubber stamps you have a bit of cushioning so you can not really press to hard but with clear stamps we all tend to press a bit to hard and it will either create a shadow or you will loose detail. As for Clear stamp ripping and that kind of thing, if you take care of you stamps they can last just as long as any rubberstamp. Remember to always clean them straight after use and if you used a Stazon and Stazon cleaner, rinse them of under water or clean them again with you stampin cleaner and scrub pad as stazon cleaner is very harsh on your stamps. If they get gummy a simple rinse under the tap will get rid of any residue and they will cling as if they are new. I got rid of all my rubber stamps and now only use Clear stamps, you do not need a stampin mazig to line up your images and can do great techniques because you can see exactly where you stamp

• valerie patiño October 24, 2013, 8:56 am

i personally love photopolymer stamps. I wish SU would give us the option to choose when we ordered.
    I also love your nail polish! What is the name?

• Catherine October 24, 2013, 9:10 am

Thank you, Valeri!
    It’s OPI Did you ear about Van Gogh?

hahahaha! cracks me up…it’s a very classy color. I love it!

• Catherine October 24, 2013, 9:11 am

Teresa, hahahahaa! That is EXACTLY what he is saying, right? lol

• Sherry in MI October 24, 2013, 2:52 pm

Hi Catherine,

I’m with you, 100%! Love photopolymer stamps! That’s all I buy (unless forced
    into a wood mount because that’s all that’s available). Everything you have
    said it true…they ink well, stamp well and I find that they last and last. I have
    never had one tear on me.

As to your nail polish, OPI is all I wear. Getting ready to try “Miami Beet” on my
    fingertips today. I enjoy all of your videos….especially the out takes.

• Catherine October 24, 2013, 2:59 pm

I had to go check out that polish. be still my heart! love it!

• Mary October 25, 2013, 6:28 pm

Catherine, I like the clear mounts the best. I find the photopolymer stamps can be a bit sticky and the ink beads up. However I do like that I can see exactly where I am stamping. This is particularly great when trying to line up text. Thanks for all the inspiration.

• Becky Hay de García October 25, 2013, 8:35 pm

I truly LOVE photopolymer stamps! They stick to the blocks fabulously, and I can see exactly where I am stamping the image, so I don’t need a Stamp-a-ma-jig. I have ever had an issue with them (maybe because I rarely re-ink my pads.)

• Becky Hay de García October 25, 2013, 8:36 pm

I meant I have never had an issue with these stamps.

• Teresa Luck October 28, 2013, 10:46 pm

I love photopolymer

Gallery Projects Stampers' Q&A Tool Tips Videos

CPBog

Simply Stamped with Maureen Merritt

Gelatos Backgrounds

Gelato Backgrounds and Stamping

DSC00500

Happy Anniversary card with Lydia Evans

summermasterclassseries_blogsized

Masterclasses coming to StampNation!

Screen Shot 2017-06-09 at 11.55.54 AM

We have WINNERS! Stamp of Approval

Naturally Inspired Stamp of Approval Emboss Resist

Naturally Inspired Stamp of Approval Blog Hop Day 3: Emboss Resist Card

Naturally Inspired Stamp of Approval 2

Naturally Inspired Stamp of Approval Blog Hop Day 2: Stamped and Die Cut Card

Masculine Card with Stamp of Approval 2

Naturally Inspired Stamp of Approval Blog Hop Day 1: Masculine Card

Birds of a Feather 2

Naturally Inspired Stamp of Approval – Birds of a Feather

The best is yet to come 2

Product Reveal Day #2: Naturally Inspired SOA

Laughter is the best medicine

Product Reveal Day #1: Naturally Inspired SOA

Simply the Best 2

Early Preview of Stamp of Approval

View More: http://em-grey.pass.us/catherine-pooler-august-2016-em-grey-photography-raleigh-nc

SOA Sneak Peeks and Facebook Live!

SOAGDcollage

Stamp of Approval Guest Design Team!

Happy-Birthday-Cake-Card-by-Taheerah-Atchia-001