Burlap Happy Birthday Card

burlap happy birthday card

Burlap is HOT right now.  No matter what, though, I could not convince Randall and the kids.  If you browse Pinterest you will see all sorts of things made with burlap.  Have you seen it popping up everywhere lately?

Stampin’ Up has Burlap Ribbon and at Founder’s Circle last week, all the decorations and gifts were adorned with burlap.

How dare they question me?  Right?  LOL.

burlap happy birthday card

I saved some of the Burlap from some of the gifts because I knew I could use it on some paper crafting projects and it was perfect for this fall, masculine card!

I used Liquid Glue to adhere the burlap to the cardstock on both sides and it seems to be holding well.

Stampin’ Up Supplies:

• 131868 Magnificent Maple Stamp Set, Happy Day Stamp Set (WM: 130294, CM: 130297)
  • Cardstock:  119684 Cajun Craze, 101650 Very Vanilla, 131296 Baked Brown Sugar
  • Ink:  126965 Cajun Craze, 126991 Summer Starfruit, 131174 Baked Brown Sugar
  • Accessories: 130911 Circle Framelits

If you would like to purchase any of these products, or other Stampin’ Up goodies, you can browse my Online Store.  Let me know if you have any questions!

I have entered this Burlap Birthday Card in the challenge at Case Study.  I was inspired by the layout and the circles on the inspiration card.

• Small Talk Mama September 27, 2013, 1:58 pm

Very cute card. But did your burlap want to unravel, and if so how did you keep that from happening?

• Catherine September 27, 2013, 2:21 pm

Great question!
    It was easy to unravel if I wanted it to, but it wasn’t doing that uncontrollably. If you want to ensure that it doesn’t, you can put liquid glue on the back to secure it. Hope that helps!

• Pat Gasko September 28, 2013, 9:29 am

You’re RIGHT RIGHT and RIGHT Burlap is HOT!!! And I love it and I love your card. Was the cutting out of your circle intentional? It is in the shape of a “C” . . . for Catherine. Even if it’s not this card is still very clever and cute.

• Ruthie martini September 29, 2013, 11:29 am

Looks great

• Maureen Merritt September 29, 2013, 7:04 pm

Love the burlap! Great take on the CASE Study inspiration!

• Jeanne J September 30, 2013, 2:48 pm

Oh wow! How neat is this? I love the texture from the burlap, but still so clean with the nice smooth card stock overlay. Wonderful!

Big Shot Birthday Card Making Gallery Halloween & Fall Masculine Projects

Kristieswoop

White and Black Popped Sentiment Focal Point with Kristie Goulet

Stamp of Approval Project guide

Who’s looking for inspiration?

Winterhaven-Stamp-of-Approval-Joy-Wreath-Feature-Image

Pink Snowflake Joy and WINNERS!

SOA Winterhaven Joy Chalkboard 2

Blog Hop Day 3: Chalkboard Holiday Cards and Watercolored Wreath

SOA Winterhaven Joy wreath 2

Blog Hop Day 2: Tis the Season Wreath Card and Faux Metal Accents

SOA Winterhaven Tags 2

Winterhaven Stamp of Approval Collection Blog Hop Day 1: Good Stuff Tags

SOA Winterhaven carolers 2

Winterhaven Stamp of Approval Preview Day 2: Here We Come A-Caroling

SOA Winterhaven Watercolor Poinsettia

Winterhaven Stamp of Approval Preview Day 1: Tis the Season and Here We Come A Caroling Stamp Sets

View More: http://em-grey.pass.us/catherine-pooler-august-2016-em-grey-photography-raleigh-nc

Card Making Goodness is out of control! (in a very, very good way)

wcmd2017_blogfb (1)

World Card Making Day Sponsors

WCMDcollage

Our World Card Making Day Weekend begins on Friday!

Multi-Step Stamping and Angled Card Front 4

Multi-Step Stamping, Tone on Tone Stenciling and Angled Card Fronts

SOA-CPBlogPost

Clean & Graphic Leaf Motifs with Maureen

Congrats with Arjita Singh

Creating a Winter Sunset Scene

Creating a Winter Sunset Scene Tutorial at StampNation

Hello Clean and Simple

Fun and Fabulous Items Coming to the Shop!