Burlap Happy Birthday Card

burlap happy birthday card

Burlap is HOT right now.  No matter what, though, I could not convince Randall and the kids.  If you browse Pinterest you will see all sorts of things made with burlap.  Have you seen it popping up everywhere lately?

Stampin’ Up has Burlap Ribbon and at Founder’s Circle last week, all the decorations and gifts were adorned with burlap.

How dare they question me?  Right?  LOL.

burlap happy birthday card

I saved some of the Burlap from some of the gifts because I knew I could use it on some paper crafting projects and it was perfect for this fall, masculine card!

I used Liquid Glue to adhere the burlap to the cardstock on both sides and it seems to be holding well.

Stampin’ Up Supplies:

• 131868 Magnificent Maple Stamp Set, Happy Day Stamp Set (WM: 130294, CM: 130297)
  • Cardstock:  119684 Cajun Craze, 101650 Very Vanilla, 131296 Baked Brown Sugar
  • Ink:  126965 Cajun Craze, 126991 Summer Starfruit, 131174 Baked Brown Sugar
  • Accessories: 130911 Circle Framelits

If you would like to purchase any of these products, or other Stampin’ Up goodies, you can browse my Online Store.  Let me know if you have any questions!

I have entered this Burlap Birthday Card in the challenge at Case Study.  I was inspired by the layout and the circles on the inspiration card.

• Small Talk Mama September 27, 2013, 1:58 pm

Very cute card. But did your burlap want to unravel, and if so how did you keep that from happening?

• Catherine September 27, 2013, 2:21 pm

Great question!
    It was easy to unravel if I wanted it to, but it wasn’t doing that uncontrollably. If you want to ensure that it doesn’t, you can put liquid glue on the back to secure it. Hope that helps!

• Pat Gasko September 28, 2013, 9:29 am

You’re RIGHT RIGHT and RIGHT Burlap is HOT!!! And I love it and I love your card. Was the cutting out of your circle intentional? It is in the shape of a “C” . . . for Catherine. Even if it’s not this card is still very clever and cute.

• Ruthie martini September 29, 2013, 11:29 am

Looks great

• Maureen Merritt September 29, 2013, 7:04 pm

Love the burlap! Great take on the CASE Study inspiration!

• Jeanne J September 30, 2013, 2:48 pm

Oh wow! How neat is this? I love the texture from the burlap, but still so clean with the nice smooth card stock overlay. Wonderful!

Big Shot Birthday Card Making Gallery Halloween & Fall Masculine Projects

Interesting Image

Background Stamping with Ilina Crouse

Heather

Handstamped Background with Heather North

SOA Love 001ADJ copy.jpg2

Masked Floral Frame with Lisa Harrolle

The World Awaits cardjpg

To the Ends of the Earth with Kelly Martin

BCSD CFS

Learn, Share and Do

SOA_LITA_Facebook-Sidebar_Available-Now

Winners and Birthday Card Bash!

KBaker_JanSoA_3

Sending Love with Karen Baker with Love is in the Air SOA

Screen Shot 2018-01-10 at 11.19.15 AM

Season’s Giving Blog Hop WINNER!

LITA Love You Clean and Simple

Stamp of Approval Love is in the Air Blog Hop Day 3

LITA Happiness Enclosed

Stamp of Approval Love is in the Air Blog Hop Day 2

SOA_LITA_Blog_Comment-To-Win

Stamp of Approval Love is in the Air Blog Hop Day 1: Emboss Resist and Inlaid Die Cutting Technique

LITA Bon VOyage 3

Love is in the Air Stamp of Approval Collection – Product Reveal Day #3

LITA Watercolored Love

Stamp of Approval Love is in the Air Collection – Product Reveal Day #2

LITA Rock and Rolled

Stamp of Approval Collection Product Reveals!

Love is in the Air with Sunburst