Copic Markers – With Gratitude Flourishes Stamp Set and Stampin’ Up Colors

With Gratitude Flourishes, Copic Markers

Today’s card uses a pretty simple layout.   You can get an entirely different look by:

• changing up the colors
  • background – Designer Series Paper, a different embossing folder…
  • different greetings can be used for different occasions
  • use a different size or shape punch
  • use different stamps!  flowers, a Christmas Tree, snowflakes, etc.
  • use a different border punch or tie ribbon around the card

With Gratitude Flourishes, Copic Markers

I took the Copic Marker Instructor Certification class back in the spring and my first set of markers were purchased basically on what I liked.

Then, once I got stamping, I realized that since I am a Stampin’ Up gal, that my marker colors didn’t really match my cardstock, ribbon and accessories!  GASP!  View my post here where I talked about it on this purple background floral card colored with Copic Markers.

The next order I placed for Copic Markers, I paid closer attention and got colors that looked like Stampin’ Up colors.

What do you think about this card?  Old Olive?  Pool Party?  Indigo Island?  That’s what I was shooting for, and I think it looks great!

With Gratitude Flourishes, Copic Markers

Stampin’ Up Supplies (unless otherwise noted):

• With Gratitude Stamp Set (Flourishes)
  • Cardstock:  100702 Old Olive, Island Indigo, Neenah Solar White
  • Ink:  Memento Black Ink Pad, 126953 Old Olive Ink Pad and 100709 Marker
  • Copic Markers:  YG 91, 95 and 97 – BG10, 15 and 18
  • Accessories: 127751 Fancy Fan Embossing Folder, 119855 Oval Punch, 119856 Scallop Oval Punch

If you would like to purchase any of these Stampin’ UP goodies, you can do so in my store.

So what do you think…have you gotten into Copic Markers?  Do you use only Stampin’ Up colors, ink, paper, etc?  Have you had an easy or a hard time coordinating your colors?

Leave me a note.  I’d love to know!

• barb mann September 22, 2013, 4:44 am

Looks great Catherine. I think you’ve got the colors right on. Nice job on the coloring! Very pretty card.

• Beverley September 22, 2013, 6:11 am

so can y9u list the copic markers that you think best match
    the stamp it up colours? or e mail me a list that you use as i am
    not that great with colours…….your help would be greatly appreciated and as much as i love stamp it up products i find copic markers much easier to use…don’t know why i find blending etc much nicer….have all the stamp it up markers for a few years and seldom use them.

• kitt September 22, 2013, 5:05 pm

I think your colors are right on. I, myself just started using copics. Love the beautiful blending effect, but also struggle with getting the right colors to match SU. Nice job.

• Teresa September 22, 2013, 7:36 pm

Love this card! I have a couple dozen of the Copic markers but don’t know if any of them will match my SU paper! Will have to check! THANKS FOR THE GREAT IDEA!!!! Maybe I’ll start using them more!! : )

• Fran Wilson September 23, 2013, 1:45 am

If SU decided to market alcohol markers in colours matching their paper and ink, they would clean up! Especially if the price was lower than Copics.

• Sarah N. September 24, 2013, 1:41 pm

I’m a demo and just more recently went SU!-only, so of course I got into Copics. :) I googled something like Stampin’ Up! Copic color matches and found several resources that helped me get ones that match our card stock pretty well. I know someone else commented that they already have SU! markers and there is a tutorial out there about how to use our markers to blend like copics (it’s called No Copics! No problem). I think yours look pretty good, the Old Olive looks really dead on perfect as far as a match goes!!!

• Catherine September 25, 2013, 9:16 am

Beverly, I updated the supply list to include the colors: Copic Markers: YG 91, 95 and 97 – BG10, 15 and 18

Thank you!
    Can’t wait to share more coloring with you!

• Debbie September 26, 2013, 5:22 pm

This is a gorgeous card! I love to “color” my cards. It’s fun! I’ve just started using Copic Markers and “self teaching” myself. Aaaahhhhh. But, trying. I think I will take samples of all my SU card stock (tiny “swatches” of paper on a ring) to where I purchase my Copics and see if I can match up that way in lieu of “winging it” in trying to match without SU colors in front of me. Catherine, it’s a beautiful card you colored and designed! You are fantastic using Copics! Thanks so much for sharing your work using Copics!

Copic Markers Floral Gallery Projects

RainbowButterflies

Butterfly Rainbow with the Rock and Roll Technique!

View More: http://em-grey.pass.us/catherine-pooler-october-2016-em-grey-photography-raleigh-nc

Best Practices for the Midnight Ink Pad

Alana and Petey

The “Petey” Experience

Spring Sale

More Creativation Favorites

Perfect Banners 7

CP’s Favorite Things from Creativation!

Creativation

Straight from Creativation

Embossing Paste and Stencils 2

Embossing Paste with Stencils with The Perfect Reason SOA

Second Generation Stamping with The Perfect Reason Collection YT

Second Generation (and ombre!) Stamping with The Perfect Reason

CASEing Allison and CP 3

Creating a Clean and Simple Card – CASEing with The Perfect Reason SOA!

This Week at StampNation…

Using Dies as Stencils Catherine Pooler

Using Dies as Stencils with The Perfect Reason SOA

Eva and Catherine Valentine's Day Card 2

The Cutest Video Hop Ever – Valentine’s Day Card by Eva

PerfectReason_Instagram_AvailableNow

The Perfect Reason SOA Winners!

31925642823_b0b86fde71_z

The Perfect Reason SOA is now available!

ProjectGuide