Today’s card uses a pretty simple layout. You can get an entirely different look by:
- changing up the colors
- background – Designer Series Paper, a different embossing folder…
- different greetings can be used for different occasions
- use a different size or shape punch
- use different stamps! flowers, a Christmas Tree, snowflakes, etc.
- use a different border punch or tie ribbon around the card
I took the Copic Marker Instructor Certification class back in the spring and my first set of markers were purchased basically on what I liked.
Then, once I got stamping, I realized that since I am a Stampin’ Up gal, that my marker colors didn’t really match my cardstock, ribbon and accessories! GASP! View my post here where I talked about it on this purple background floral card colored with Copic Markers.
The next order I placed for Copic Markers, I paid closer attention and got colors that looked like Stampin’ Up colors.
What do you think about this card? Old Olive? Pool Party? Indigo Island? That’s what I was shooting for, and I think it looks great!
Stampin’ Up Supplies (unless otherwise noted):
- With Gratitude Stamp Set (Flourishes)
- Cardstock: 100702 Old Olive, Island Indigo, Neenah Solar White
- Ink: Memento Black Ink Pad, 126953 Old Olive Ink Pad and 100709 Marker
- Copic Markers: YG 91, 95 and 97 – BG10, 15 and 18
- Accessories: 127751 Fancy Fan Embossing Folder, 119855 Oval Punch, 119856 Scallop Oval Punch
If you would like to purchase any of these Stampin’ UP goodies, you can do so in my store.
So what do you think…have you gotten into Copic Markers? Do you use only Stampin’ Up colors, ink, paper, etc? Have you had an easy or a hard time coordinating your colors?
Leave me a note. I’d love to know!