Envelope Punch Board – File Folder Video Tutorial

Envelope Punch Board File Folder Tutorial

The other day I broke out my Envelope Punch Board and had a ton of fun with it!  You can see that video tutorial here.  Once I put that video up, a few friends emailed me telling me about all these cool things you could do, so I went investigating.

They were right!  Can you believe this super fun file folder card was made with the Envelope Punch Board!?

Envelope Punch Board File Folder Tutorial

(Sweater Weather DSP and Magnificent Maple, and Chevron Ribbon sponged with Summer Starfruit ink  featured here)

Just a few punches from the board in a few key spots, a little trim and Voila!  File Folder cuteness!  See for yourself in this video:

I love how versatile this tool is.  Let’s take a look at a bunch of different ways to embellish it.

Envelope Punch Board File Folder Tutorial

(All Squared Up by Avery Elle featured here)

Envelope Punch Board File Folder Tutorial

Envelope Punch Board File Folder Tutorial

(Modern Medley DSP)

Envelope Punch Board File Folder Tutorial Envelope Punch Board File Folder Tutorial

(Dockside and Dockside Borders by Wplus9 featured here)

Envelope Punch Board File Folder Tutorial

• Kristie September 5, 2013, 8:40 pm

I LOOOOVVVEEE all these file folder cards! I can’t wait to get my Envelope punch board!!! Thanks for the fun video. :)

• Catherine September 5, 2013, 8:44 pm

Thanks, Kristie! These are SO MUCH FUNNNNN!!!!!

• Pat September 6, 2013, 2:27 am

Oh these file folders cards are the greatest! I plan to make a few first thing tomorrow. Thanks again for a wonderful video.

• Margaret Nn Moffat September 6, 2013, 4:52 am

absolutely adore my board, put the cards together and make a mini album

• Maddie September 6, 2013, 7:19 am

Wow! Love them all, but esp the first one! Thanks for showing how to do all the designs!!

• riondelrose September 7, 2013, 2:23 am

what size are the cards you make the folders out of?

• Pitchoune57 September 7, 2013, 7:35 am

thank you for this video, bye from France,
    Pitchoune

• Anne Marie September 7, 2013, 9:48 am

Catherine, Very cool Indeed.. My question is …what’s the stamped rope around that compass??? That rope background is also very rich . Love it .. Thanks for sharing .. Yours in ink Anne

• Catherine September 7, 2013, 1:31 pm

riondelrose-
    They are the standard card size…half sheet of card stock folded in half.
    5-1/2 x 8-1/2. Thank you!
    And welcome to StampNation :)

Anne Marie- I used two stamp sets by Wplus9 on that card. I love them!
    Thank you for stopping by!

• Carol September 7, 2013, 2:59 pm

I like the Thinking of You one best. However, I prefer my file folder cards to look like real mini file folders, meaning only 1 tab on the BACK is higher than the rest of the folder. Thus there would be a matching “dip” or recessed cut into the FRONT of the folder (almost looking like you cut off a tab, turned the cut off tab upside down, placed it in position on the front of the file folder below the cut, and then using it like a template you cut around it.

• Catherine September 7, 2013, 3:06 pm

You know, Carol…I thought about that AFTER I did this video! lol! Makes perfect sense. Have you made them that way?

• Amanda Christensen September 7, 2013, 10:44 pm

I love your Thinking of You card the most. The border stamping on the card front, the color combination, the layout….all of it is great!

• Linda November 23, 2013, 11:42 am

Great ideas and this will be fun to create. Love the blooper and how you showed us how we can adjust and still make it into a cute card….

• Laura February 16, 2014, 3:57 pm

Such great ideas! I can not wait to try these.

• LaVonne Smejkal October 29, 2014, 10:37 pm

Outstanding!!! I love that you are creative and a humble crafter!

• lkingboyle November 15, 2014, 4:45 pm

Thank you so much , alot of Great options for cards using the punch board. Thanks! It makes the purchase of the envelope puch have alot more options! Making it much more worthwhile. Thanks!

• Lilian February 24, 2015, 9:59 am

Hi Katherine…I would like to know the measurements you used for these cards above. thanks so much.
    Lilian

• Catherine Pooler February 24, 2015, 10:06 am

They are the standard card size…half sheet of card stock folded in half.
    5-1/2 x 8-1/2. Thank you!

Gallery Projects Tool Tips Videos

Stamp of Approval Project guide

Who’s looking for inspiration?

Winterhaven-Stamp-of-Approval-Joy-Wreath-Feature-Image

Pink Snowflake Joy and WINNERS!

SOA Winterhaven Joy Chalkboard 2

Blog Hop Day 3: Chalkboard Holiday Cards and Watercolored Wreath

SOA Winterhaven Joy wreath 2

Blog Hop Day 2: Tis the Season Wreath Card and Faux Metal Accents

SOA Winterhaven Tags 2

Winterhaven Stamp of Approval Collection Blog Hop Day 1: Good Stuff Tags

SOA Winterhaven carolers 2

Winterhaven Stamp of Approval Preview Day 2: Here We Come A-Caroling

SOA Winterhaven Watercolor Poinsettia

Winterhaven Stamp of Approval Preview Day 1: Tis the Season and Here We Come A Caroling Stamp Sets

View More: http://em-grey.pass.us/catherine-pooler-august-2016-em-grey-photography-raleigh-nc

Card Making Goodness is out of control! (in a very, very good way)

wcmd2017_blogfb (1)

World Card Making Day Sponsors

WCMDcollage

Our World Card Making Day Weekend begins on Friday!

Multi-Step Stamping and Angled Card Front 4

Multi-Step Stamping, Tone on Tone Stenciling and Angled Card Fronts

SOA-CPBlogPost

Clean & Graphic Leaf Motifs with Maureen

Congrats with Arjita Singh

Creating a Winter Sunset Scene

Creating a Winter Sunset Scene Tutorial at StampNation

Hello Clean and Simple

Fun and Fabulous Items Coming to the Shop!

Soft Stenciling with Heather