Envelope Punch Board – File Folder Video Tutorial

Envelope Punch Board File Folder Tutorial

The other day I broke out my Envelope Punch Board and had a ton of fun with it!  You can see that video tutorial here.  Once I put that video up, a few friends emailed me telling me about all these cool things you could do, so I went investigating.

They were right!  Can you believe this super fun file folder card was made with the Envelope Punch Board!?

Envelope Punch Board File Folder Tutorial

(Sweater Weather DSP and Magnificent Maple, and Chevron Ribbon sponged with Summer Starfruit ink  featured here)

Just a few punches from the board in a few key spots, a little trim and Voila!  File Folder cuteness!  See for yourself in this video:

I love how versatile this tool is.  Let’s take a look at a bunch of different ways to embellish it.

Envelope Punch Board File Folder Tutorial

(All Squared Up by Avery Elle featured here)

Envelope Punch Board File Folder Tutorial

Envelope Punch Board File Folder Tutorial

(Modern Medley DSP)

Envelope Punch Board File Folder Tutorial Envelope Punch Board File Folder Tutorial

(Dockside and Dockside Borders by Wplus9 featured here)

Envelope Punch Board File Folder Tutorial

• Kristie September 5, 2013, 8:40 pm

I LOOOOVVVEEE all these file folder cards! I can’t wait to get my Envelope punch board!!! Thanks for the fun video. :)

• Catherine September 5, 2013, 8:44 pm

Thanks, Kristie! These are SO MUCH FUNNNNN!!!!!

• Pat September 6, 2013, 2:27 am

Oh these file folders cards are the greatest! I plan to make a few first thing tomorrow. Thanks again for a wonderful video.

• Margaret Nn Moffat September 6, 2013, 4:52 am

absolutely adore my board, put the cards together and make a mini album

• Maddie September 6, 2013, 7:19 am

Wow! Love them all, but esp the first one! Thanks for showing how to do all the designs!!

• riondelrose September 7, 2013, 2:23 am

what size are the cards you make the folders out of?

• Pitchoune57 September 7, 2013, 7:35 am

thank you for this video, bye from France,
    Pitchoune

• Anne Marie September 7, 2013, 9:48 am

Catherine, Very cool Indeed.. My question is …what’s the stamped rope around that compass??? That rope background is also very rich . Love it .. Thanks for sharing .. Yours in ink Anne

• Catherine September 7, 2013, 1:31 pm

riondelrose-
    They are the standard card size…half sheet of card stock folded in half.
    5-1/2 x 8-1/2. Thank you!
    And welcome to StampNation :)

Anne Marie- I used two stamp sets by Wplus9 on that card. I love them!
    Thank you for stopping by!

• Carol September 7, 2013, 2:59 pm

I like the Thinking of You one best. However, I prefer my file folder cards to look like real mini file folders, meaning only 1 tab on the BACK is higher than the rest of the folder. Thus there would be a matching “dip” or recessed cut into the FRONT of the folder (almost looking like you cut off a tab, turned the cut off tab upside down, placed it in position on the front of the file folder below the cut, and then using it like a template you cut around it.

• Catherine September 7, 2013, 3:06 pm

You know, Carol…I thought about that AFTER I did this video! lol! Makes perfect sense. Have you made them that way?

• Amanda Christensen September 7, 2013, 10:44 pm

I love your Thinking of You card the most. The border stamping on the card front, the color combination, the layout….all of it is great!

• Linda November 23, 2013, 11:42 am

Great ideas and this will be fun to create. Love the blooper and how you showed us how we can adjust and still make it into a cute card….

• Laura February 16, 2014, 3:57 pm

Such great ideas! I can not wait to try these.

• LaVonne Smejkal October 29, 2014, 10:37 pm

Outstanding!!! I love that you are creative and a humble crafter!

• lkingboyle November 15, 2014, 4:45 pm

Thank you so much , alot of Great options for cards using the punch board. Thanks! It makes the purchase of the envelope puch have alot more options! Making it much more worthwhile. Thanks!

• Lilian February 24, 2015, 9:59 am

Hi Katherine…I would like to know the measurements you used for these cards above. thanks so much.
    Lilian

• Catherine Pooler February 24, 2015, 10:06 am

They are the standard card size…half sheet of card stock folded in half.
    5-1/2 x 8-1/2. Thank you!

Gallery Projects Tool Tips Videos

Party Collection: Spring Fling Release Blog Hop

MelonIce

Welcome Melon Ice! and a Father’s Day Card

MinttoBe

Ink Color #8 Clue and Welcome Mint to Be!

ItsABoy

Ink Color #7 Clue and Welcome It’s a Boy!

Happy Easter!

Happy Easter and a look at the Spring Fling products!

Pixie Dust 4

Ink Color #6 Clue and Welcome Pixie Dust!

It's a Girl2

Ink Color #5 Clue and Welcome It’s a Girl!

IAGTPhoto_1

Ink Color #4 Clue and Welcome Sweet Sixteen!

Garden Party 2

Ink Color #3 Clue and welcome Garden Party

GPartyTeasePhoto_2

Ink Color #2 clue and Welcome Bellini!

TeasePhoto_3

Ink Color Guessing Begins!

Sharing Collage 2

Tomorrow is a big day!

Sponged, Sprayed and Embossed

Sponged, Sprayed and Glitter Embossed

Glass Bead Glitter Gel and Brusho

Glass Bead Glitter Gel, Brusho and Stencils!

Double Points!

Celebrate the weekend with DOUBLE points!

We Moved!