How to Heat Emboss with an Ink Pad

How to Heat Emboss with an Ink Pad

Do you know How to Heat Emboss with an Ink Pad?  Yeah, I mean like a regular, Dye Based Ink Pad?  It’s really easy to do and I’m going to show you how!

How to Heat Emboss with an Ink Pad

View the video tutorial and learn How to Heat Emboss with an Ink Pad

For the background on my card, I wanted to make a staggered pattern with the stripes.  To do this, I cut a 5 x 5″ sheet of striped DSP.  That 5 x 5 was cut into  3/4″ strips and adhered stagged like this (shown below) on a white 5-1/4 x 4″ layer.

When I had them all glued down, I trimed the 4″ side.  Make sense?

How to Heat Emboss with an Ink Pad

Stampin’ Up Supplies:

•  Another Thank You photopolymer Stamp Set, Flower Shop Stamp Set, Everything Eleanor Stamp Set
  • Cardstock:  Whisper White, Melon Mambo, Daffodil Delight
  • Ink:  Daffodil Delight, Melon Mambo, Pumpkin Pie
  • Accessories:  Circle Framelits, Pansy Punch, Bojo Blossoms Punch, Rhinestones, Heat and Stick Powder, Dazzling Diamonds Glitter, Scallop Border Punch, Heat Tool, Embossing Buddy,  yellow Copic Marker

StampNation

When I was making this card, I thought I would make the video for StampNation only…but I decided to share it with you all as well.  I hope you enjoyed it!

Above is a sneak peek at the Challenges Forum…over 100 challenges to inspire you…plus  access to almost 350 videos like this one today and much, begin your membership today!

Learn more about what StampNation Membership has to offer.

Thank you for popping in, I appreciate you visiting my blog!

• Kristie August 28, 2013, 6:30 pm

I LOVE this card. What a fun technique! Happy to hear your Mojo has returned. :)

• Kathy L August 28, 2013, 7:30 pm

I’m so glad you shared the video with all of us. It’s a lovely card and a technique that even I can do! And your background dsp is great!

• Carolina August 28, 2013, 7:36 pm

What a beautiful card. Love your videos a lot! Thank you for sharing this one with us!!!

• Linda Wilkinson August 28, 2013, 9:55 pm

Catherine awesome video & card I love that set, and it is on my wish list that thing is 2 pages long now!!!! What DSP did you use I love how you didn’t line it as that is an awesome look love it!!!

Hey I love the nail polish what color is that please!!!!

• Salima Chaudhry August 28, 2013, 10:24 pm

I made the card!!!!!!! But I onky used embossing powder. I will email the card to you…..

• Sherri August 28, 2013, 11:40 pm

Catherine, I love your videos – you do such a great job. Could I ask a question? When putting more than one color of ink on a stamp, like you did here, couldn’t you use a dauber to have a bit more control?

• liannallama August 28, 2013, 11:48 pm

So cute! Thanks!

• Kaye Burke August 29, 2013, 12:25 am

I Loved that card. I am going to copy and make it tomorrow Friday.
    Thank you so much Catherine you do give us some really amazing
    cards.
    Wish I could buy from you. Never mind.

• Catherine August 29, 2013, 8:58 am

You all are diggin’ the sparkles, eh?? :)

Sherri, thank you for the suggestion! You certainly could try that! You might end up removing some of the Versamark when you do this, but maybe not! Give it a shot and let me know!

• Catherine August 29, 2013, 9:06 am

Linda, I forgot to list the DSP! It’s Gingham Garden…and my nails…Esse Watermelon! Perfect for the end of summer :)

• Donna K U August 29, 2013, 9:47 am

What a great technique. Can’t wait to try it.

• Erika Schosinsky August 29, 2013, 10:50 am

Thanks I love the card is very beautiful. Never occurred to me to do it this way. Thanks for sharing this project

• Charlotte August 29, 2013, 11:44 am

Your video was very timely. I just went this past weekend to a rubber stamp and papercrafts vendor sale. One booth was demonstrating the technique that you just made in your video. The only difference was that she used a glue pad instead of a verse a mark pad. Something to do ( I believe) with lasting ability. Maybe you could research the difference. Thank you and keep your great helps coming.

• HeatherN_WA August 29, 2013, 4:02 pm

This card is awesome! Thanks for the video. I’m so glad that is a SU stamp, and one that I ordered. The UPS man can’t get here soon enough! I love the swirl you put on the background that you made. It really pulls the design together.
    P.S. That nail color looks great on you! It’s the perfect summer polish.

• Connie Gallaher August 30, 2013, 9:44 am

Great idea! So glad I found you. You have wonderful ideas that I can’t wait to try! Have a blessed day!

Floral Gallery Techniques Videos

Counting Blessings Fallen Leaves1

Counting Blessings Stamp of Approval Blog Hop Day 3: Stencil and Watercolored Backgrounds

Fallen Leaves 4

Counting Blessings Stamp of Approval Blog Hop Day 2: Fallen Leaves

Bloomin' Bouquet 1.1

Counting Blessings Stamp of Approval Blog Hop Day 1: Bloomin’ Bouquet

Counting Blessings Thankful

Counting Blessings – Grateful, Thankful, Blessed

Counting Blessings Until Further Notice

Counting Blessings – Stenciling with Multiple Colors

Counting Blessings Faux Bleaching

Counting Blessings Stamp of Approval – Faux Bleaching

CountingBlesings_BlogFBComingSoon

A Quick Card and a peek at the Counting Blessings Stamp of Approval Collection!

IngridCU-CP-FP-2b

The Perfect Pear with Ingrid Blackburn

Chrissie_Pineapple

Masked Mod Flower Stencil with Chrissie Tobas

ECShow_Instagram

Enchanted Cottage, here I come!

Floral Background KISS Cards_3

Floral Background: KISS Cards

citrushello

Summer Citrus with Melissa Miller

Mod Flower Watercolor Card 2

Using Stencils as Stamps – Brick Wall with Graffiti Style Sentiments

How to reink youtube

How to Reink your Ink Pads- sounds easy, but you’ll want these tips!

pineapplethanks