Stampin’ Up Thinlits and Gelatos Video Tutorial

Stampin' Up thinlits and gellatos video tutorial

Achieving an “artsy” look is easy with Gellatos and Stampin’ Up Thinlit Dies.  View the video and I’ll show you the ins and outs on how to use the Thinlits and one way to use Gellatos (there are many!).

If you are viewing this in your email, just click the name of the post to visit my blog and view the video.

Stampin' Up thinlits and gellatos video tutorial

Love Banner Card –

• Cardstock: Raspberry Ripple, Pink Pirouette
  • Accessories:  Expressions Thinlits Dies, Dazzling Diamonds Glitter, Heart Punch, 2 Way Glue, Dimensionals, Hearts a Flutter Framelits, Adorning Accents Embossing Folder, Birthday Basics Designer Series Paper

Stampin' Up thinlits and gellatos video tutorial

Merry Gellato Card:

• Ornament Keepsakes Stamp Set
  • Cardstock:  Cherry Cobbler, Whisper White
  • Ink:  Versamark, Cherry Cobbler (to die Baker’s Twine)
  • Accessories:  Expressions Thinlits Dies

Then next card I made once the camera stopped rolling…then it started again as I filmed how to do this gold splattering.  Stay tuned for that video!

Stampin' Up thinlits and gellatos video tutorial

Merry Ornament Card:

• Ornament Keepsakes Stamp Set
  • Cardstock:  Cherry Cobbler, Whisper White
  • Ink:  Versamark, Cherry Cobbler (to die Baker’s Twine)
  • Accessories:  Expressions Thinlits Dies, Ornament Keepsakes Framelits, Gold Embossing Powder, Baker’s Twine, Season of Style DSP

So, what do you think?  I love the look of these thinlits.  Love it!  It was a bit of work to separate it out without tearing, though.  Do you think it’s worth the effort?

And what about the Gellatos.  There are many cool things you can do with them.  Leave me a comment and let me know if you are interested in learning more!

Have a great day!

• Sheryl August 23, 2013, 4:22 pm

I’d love to see more ideas for Gellatos. Thanks for this one!

• Kristie August 23, 2013, 4:25 pm

YAY! You got some Gelatos! I love what you did with them and would LOVE to see more. :) GREAT cards! I am going to CASE you! :) Thanks for sharing. Can’t wait to see how you did the gold splattering on the last card! I really love that one!

• Connie Turner August 23, 2013, 4:53 pm

The wax paper really makes the paper come out easier and it won’t be stuck in there. If it does then just pole it out using the release holes. Cute cards!

• Heatheranne August 23, 2013, 5:12 pm

I love the cards! I just got a Spellbinder machine and think that I can use thinlits in it but have to read and see if I need any different plates for it. Although I’ve done crafting for years, the machines and dies are new to me, so I’m always interested in learning about new products and how they’re used, for later purchases. Thanks for sharing. :-)

• Cynthia Tuttle August 23, 2013, 7:45 pm

I thought that the wax paper was pain to use each time that we cut one of the new word thinlits! I didn’t believe that it was necessary. Who knows?? I love using Gellatos on my projects too.

• Nancy Hoetker August 24, 2013, 1:08 am

I tried my brand-new thinlits last night, first without waxed paper and then with – what a difference the waxed paper made…I highly recommend it!

• Jan Shore August 24, 2013, 9:02 pm

Great cards and the seem so quick and easy.

A handy hint for intricate dies is to rub the dies with a tumble dryer sheet. The paper or card stock just falls out with minimal bits left in the die.

Another hint for those thin dies is to use ejection foam but I like the dryer het better.

Do you think those gellatos would be available in Australia? I have not seen them so far.

• Ann Celino August 25, 2013, 9:47 pm

Catherine – I think it would be a lot less stress removing the words with the waxed paper. You don’t have to worry about ripping the waxed paper and the cardstock literally falls out. I use waxed paper alot for all my intricate doily dies.

• Maddie August 26, 2013, 7:31 am

Love all of these cards and can’t wait to get this die! Gelatos are available in Australia at online craft stores, I need some of these too! :)

• Teresa August 26, 2013, 9:00 am

Catherine, just got back from a weekend away and saw this video and these cards. I LOVE them!! Thanks so much for sharing.

• Jeanne August 26, 2013, 10:47 am

Catherine, thanks for this video! I’m loving the gelato markers. I had never heard of Gelato except as a dessert which I love too ;) thanks

• Catherine August 26, 2013, 10:34 pm

I sure will try that waxed paper! It’s just about unanimous! :)

Jeanne, I think that is why I’ve been so intrigued by Gelatos…the NAME! :)

I have another video coming for you all. Stay tuned!

• Sharon September 11, 2013, 7:01 pm

Simple but lovely cards using the Gelatos and the thinlets! Thank You for sharing.

• judith September 29, 2013, 3:04 pm

Hi Catherine, I’ve been watching All Ur video’s on ur cards, They Are Amazing!! I’ve taught me so much!!! Thank U For Teaching me so much!!!!

• judith September 29, 2013, 3:07 pm

Ooppps Uve taught me a lot!!!

• Jane October 12, 2013, 7:57 pm

Great video Catherine Thank you :)

• Joy Jones October 13, 2013, 11:37 am

Love all these cards! I got some Gelatos while I was in NC last week for Grandsons #1 birthday :) Havent had a chance to try them yet………I need a gold one!!! Love those splatters! Hope I can find them on-line.

• Shirley Janzen September 23, 2014, 4:39 pm

Very cool!

• Molly October 17, 2014, 6:35 pm

This is a great card for me to make as I have all the supplies and it is easy and cute! thank you so much!

Christmas Gallery Projects Techniques Videos

CPBog

Simply Stamped with Maureen Merritt

Gelatos Backgrounds

Gelato Backgrounds and Stamping

DSC00500

Happy Anniversary card with Lydia Evans

summermasterclassseries_blogsized

Masterclasses coming to StampNation!

Screen Shot 2017-06-09 at 11.55.54 AM

We have WINNERS! Stamp of Approval

Naturally Inspired Stamp of Approval Emboss Resist

Naturally Inspired Stamp of Approval Blog Hop Day 3: Emboss Resist Card

Naturally Inspired Stamp of Approval 2

Naturally Inspired Stamp of Approval Blog Hop Day 2: Stamped and Die Cut Card

Masculine Card with Stamp of Approval 2

Naturally Inspired Stamp of Approval Blog Hop Day 1: Masculine Card

Birds of a Feather 2

Naturally Inspired Stamp of Approval – Birds of a Feather

The best is yet to come 2

Product Reveal Day #2: Naturally Inspired SOA

Laughter is the best medicine

Product Reveal Day #1: Naturally Inspired SOA

Simply the Best 2

Early Preview of Stamp of Approval

View More: http://em-grey.pass.us/catherine-pooler-august-2016-em-grey-photography-raleigh-nc

SOA Sneak Peeks and Facebook Live!

SOAGDcollage

Stamp of Approval Guest Design Team!

Happy-Birthday-Cake-Card-by-Taheerah-Atchia-001