Taking this place by storm with Acetate Flowers!

Acetate Flowers

Acetate flowers took StampNation by storm last week!  It was Shea’s introductory lesson in her new feature “Shea’s Lounge”.  It was a giant hit and a few members have tried it out with beautiful results.  (The full tutorial is available on StampNation.)

I had a lot of fun putting this card together and think the Acetate Flower packs a giant punch and makes this card scream AWESOME!

After making yesterday’s card, I wasn’t 100% happy with it, but I loved the sketch that I used from Retro Sketches, so I went back to the stamp table and made this.

Amazing how different a sketch can look depending on how you stamp and embellish it, right?

Acetate Flowers

If you’d like more info on Shea’s Lounge and the announcement from last week, you can see my post here.

We are thrilled to offer this new feature at StampNation – we feel like it really rounds the site out!

StampNation is literally like a buffet…a little bit of everything on the site and you take as much or as little as you want.  What benefits are included?

• Exclusive video tutorials – 345 and counting!
  • Challenges – these never close, so you can be inspired anytime!
  • Sketches
  • 15,000+ projects in the gallery
  • the Clean and Simple Classroom – Maureen teaches you design elements to help you become an amazing stamper
  • Spotlight on Trends – Kristie keeps us up to date with these bi-monthly articles
  • yep, there’s more…this is just a snapshot

Members say their favorite, yet unexpected feature of the site is the community.

Never is there a snarky word (I quote a couple of the members on this one! Evidently that happens on other sites from time to time), everyone is welcoming and fun and inspirational.

All company’s products are welcome here and we celebrate paper crafting at its finest.

Membership is $9 per month and you can cancel at anytime with a quick email to me if you don’t find it’s for you.
We hope you will join the Sistah-hood!

Start your membership today!

Need more information?  Learn more about SN here.

Acetate Flowers

Stampin’ Up Supplies (Unless otherwise noted):

• Dictionary Stamp Set, Movers and Shakers Sentiments (PTI)
  • Cardstock:  Whisper White, Pacific Point, Pool Party
  • Ink:  Early Espresso, Stazon Black, Copic Markers
  • Accessories:  Little Leaves Sizzlit, Fancy Flower Punch, Window Sheets, Doilies, Rhinestones, Gingham Garden DSP, Quatrefancy Specialty DSP

Hope you enjoyed today’s card, thanks for stopping by!

• Carolina August 21, 2013, 6:22 pm

Love this card very elegant… Love the color you used!

• Anca August 21, 2013, 6:25 pm

The Acetate Flower turned our beautiful! I hope to be able to give it a try this weekend :D

• Linda Wilkinson August 21, 2013, 8:53 pm

Catherine I just love your flower how awesome!!! Great card too!!

• Debbie Anemaet August 21, 2013, 11:09 pm

I love the card with the acetate flower, but didn’t see instructions for how to make it. Can you tell me if they’re available or where to find them? Thanks, Catherine. Love your ideas.

• Catherine August 22, 2013, 8:48 am

Hello Debbie! I’m so glad you like that technique! Really adds something special to your cards…
    The full tutorial was written by Shea and is available on StampNation.
    We’d love for you to become a member!

Thank you!

• Melissa Tootle August 22, 2013, 5:15 pm

Very pretty card! As a Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator how can use products from other stamp companies on your blog and stamp nation? I thought that was a huge no no. I only use SU products, I love your work but we rather see su products.

• Catherine August 22, 2013, 6:30 pm

Thank you, Melissa!
    A couple months ago, Stampin’ Up! changed their policy (actually before they did that, demonstrators were still “allowed” to use non-SU products, just not promote and link to them), giving demonstrators the ability to be experts in the paper crafting field…not just in the SU market.

you can read my full thoughts on the subject on this blog post:

Pretty much everything I do and teach can be tweaked and used with whatever company’s products you like! On this card, the only thing I used that was not SU is the greeting and you can easily changed it out to one you have in your stash.
    Hope that helps and thanks for your comment!

• Jan August 30, 2013, 11:19 pm

This is really pretty and love the design elements. What did you use for the green background? thx.

Copic Markers Floral Gallery Projects Techniques

Stamp of Approval Project guide

Who’s looking for inspiration?

Winterhaven-Stamp-of-Approval-Joy-Wreath-Feature-Image

Pink Snowflake Joy and WINNERS!

SOA Winterhaven Joy Chalkboard 2

Blog Hop Day 3: Chalkboard Holiday Cards and Watercolored Wreath

SOA Winterhaven Joy wreath 2

Blog Hop Day 2: Tis the Season Wreath Card and Faux Metal Accents

SOA Winterhaven Tags 2

Winterhaven Stamp of Approval Collection Blog Hop Day 1: Good Stuff Tags

SOA Winterhaven carolers 2

Winterhaven Stamp of Approval Preview Day 2: Here We Come A-Caroling

SOA Winterhaven Watercolor Poinsettia

Winterhaven Stamp of Approval Preview Day 1: Tis the Season and Here We Come A Caroling Stamp Sets

View More: http://em-grey.pass.us/catherine-pooler-august-2016-em-grey-photography-raleigh-nc

Card Making Goodness is out of control! (in a very, very good way)

wcmd2017_blogfb (1)

World Card Making Day Sponsors

WCMDcollage

Our World Card Making Day Weekend begins on Friday!

Multi-Step Stamping and Angled Card Front 4

Multi-Step Stamping, Tone on Tone Stenciling and Angled Card Fronts

SOA-CPBlogPost

Clean & Graphic Leaf Motifs with Maureen

Congrats with Arjita Singh

Creating a Winter Sunset Scene

Creating a Winter Sunset Scene Tutorial at StampNation

Hello Clean and Simple

Fun and Fabulous Items Coming to the Shop!

Soft Stenciling with Heather