Fall Birthday Card Making

Stampin' Up Oh, Hello Stamp Set Fall Birthday Card Making

Are you hanging onto the last little bits of summer?  We are, but at the same time we are beginning to look forward to the fall.

I took Anna and her friend (my dad’s girlfriend joined us as well) to the beach for a night this weekend and we had a ball!  I think the funniest thing that happened was when we were eating lunch on the beach right before heading for home.

I threw out a crumb to a seagull and this black bird (not sure what kind of bird this is?) swooped in and grabbed it.  I felt bad for the hungry gull that missed out on his crumb so I threw out another.  Again, the big black bird swooped in and got it.  This was starting to irritate me, so I kept throwing out crumbs.

Suddenly, we were swarmed by birds.  I’ve been to the beach tons and actually used to live there – I never saw birds this aggressive!   Before I realized how nuts these birds were, I felt something hit my hand really hard.

That drabnabit bird attacked my hand and grabbed my sandwich!

About two seconds later, another bird stabbed Anna’s hand with his beak pretty hard and stole her sandwich!  It was crazy and hilarious all at the same time.

When Anna got up, she left a ton of crumbs behind…so look at who showed up.

IMAG0852

I imagined covering the towel with crumbs, getting a slew of birds on it, then pulling the towel out from underneath them like you see on TV when they pull a table cloth off a table with a bunch of dishes on it.  KWIM?

I’m still chuckling over the vision…don’t worry, that’s probably not a very nice thing to do, so I left those birdies alone…haha!

Let’s get down to the real reason you are here!  The stamping!

Stampin' Up Oh, Hello Stamp Set Fall Birthday Card Making

To get my mojo flowin’ after a couple days of playing, I turned to some challenge sites.  A few I’ve never participated in before!

Retro Sketches

rs77

Runway Inspired Challenge

Peter_Pilotto_029_1366.450x675

CASology

Week 58 - Paper

I followed the sketch, I was inspired by the dress to do the 3-1/2 x 3-1/2 accent piece (chevrons and the sponging) and used paper to make a little curlicue on the pumpkin stem.  I actually threw that in there at the last minute.  You can see the last photo here doesn’t have it and I felt like something was missing…the curlicue was just what it needed I think!

Stampin' Up Oh, Hello Stamp Set Fall Birthday Card Making

All Supplies Stampin’ Up (unless otherwise noted):

• Oh, Hello Stamp Set, Movers & Shapers Stamp Set (PTI for greeting…says Birthday on the inside)
  • Cardstock:  Very Vanilla, Pumpkin Pie, Old Olive
  • Ink:  Old Olive, Pumpkin Pie, Early Espresso
  • Accessories:  Pumpkin Sizzlit (this is now retired, and one of my first dies, but you can purchase other pumpkin dies on the market…or stamp one!  or a leaf, or a flower…the list is endless of what you can put there instead of the pumpkin), Adorning Accents Embossing folder, Linen Thread, Naturals Buttons

There are so many fall birthdays in the Pooler family, so I’ll be needing a few of these.  What about you?  Is there one season that is birthday-heavy in your family?  Leave me a comment and let me know!

• Cynthia Clark August 20, 2013, 3:18 pm

Just this once let’s forget the stamping and focus on the story! Too, too Hitchcock!

• Kristie August 20, 2013, 3:49 pm

This card is so fun! I love how you were inspired by the different challenges.

• Kristie August 20, 2013, 3:50 pm

I forgot to comment about your little adventure with the birds. It made me chuckle. :)

• Kimberly Wiener August 20, 2013, 8:30 pm

Wow what a wild bird adventure!
    After reading this – I know now I will keep my animal loving mom from doing it!

I love the black with the autumn gourd, so great!!!
    Thanks for joining in the fun for your first time at CASology!
    -Kimberly

• Jen W. August 21, 2013, 5:53 am

Yikes! Those are some crazy aggressive birds! LOL!

Love this cool autumn card with the fun chevrons. Thanks for playing along with CASology this week!

• Carolina August 21, 2013, 6:26 pm

Like it

• Ardyth August 22, 2013, 2:32 pm

This is a really fun combination of the 3 challenges! Thanks so much for playing along with us at CASology this week! (and watch out for the Birds!)

• Maureen Merritt August 23, 2013, 7:54 am

The curly cue is the perfect addition to this fall card!

• Catherine August 26, 2013, 10:39 pm

Thank you for popping in and saying hi and sharing in my amusement over the birds.
    I thought so, too, Mo. Thank you!

• Jen Rzasa September 2, 2013, 5:39 pm

I just adore your pieced chevrons! Thanks so much for joining us on the Runway!

Family Stuff Gallery Halloween & Fall Projects Seasonal

winners

Winners for the Stamp of Approval Blog Hops!

Counting Blessings Fallen Leaves1

Counting Blessings Stamp of Approval Blog Hop Day 3: Stencil and Watercolored Backgrounds

Fallen Leaves 4

Counting Blessings Stamp of Approval Blog Hop Day 2: Fallen Leaves

Bloomin' Bouquet 1.1

Counting Blessings Stamp of Approval Blog Hop Day 1: Bloomin’ Bouquet

Counting Blessings Thankful

Counting Blessings – Grateful, Thankful, Blessed

Counting Blessings Until Further Notice

Counting Blessings – Stenciling with Multiple Colors

Counting Blessings Faux Bleaching

Counting Blessings Stamp of Approval – Faux Bleaching

CountingBlesings_BlogFBComingSoon

A Quick Card and a peek at the Counting Blessings Stamp of Approval Collection!

IngridCU-CP-FP-2b

The Perfect Pear with Ingrid Blackburn

Chrissie_Pineapple

Masked Mod Flower Stencil with Chrissie Tobas

ECShow_Instagram

Enchanted Cottage, here I come!

Floral Background KISS Cards_3

Floral Background: KISS Cards

citrushello

Summer Citrus with Melissa Miller

Mod Flower Watercolor Card 2

Using Stencils as Stamps – Brick Wall with Graffiti Style Sentiments

How to reink youtube

How to Reink your Ink Pads- sounds easy, but you’ll want these tips!

pineapplethanks