Yesterday I shared a card with you and mentioned that halfway through it I stopped working on it and started a new card. Have you ever done that before?
This is the card I made. Which card do you like better? Yesterday’s, which was very Clean and Simple – or this one, which is more dressed up? Leave me a comment, I’d love to know!
I’m entering this card in the autumn colors challenge at Flourishes: Timeless Tuesday #233 ~ Autumn Color.
To start out, I cut three pieces of Very Vanilla cardstock at 4 x 1-3/4. I sponged each of those pieces with Pool Party, Brown Sugar and Pumpkin Pie.
I stamped then adhered them to a 4-1/8 x 5-3/8″ piece of Baked Brown Sugar. Next, I took a very wet paintbrush and flicked water on my stamped and sponged layers. Since the ink is waterbased, the water reacts with the ink and gives you little washed out specks. It really adds fun interest to your design!
Next, I sponged my doily with Pool Party ink, adhered it to the card and added all my layers. The butterfly was colored with Copic Markers and glittered.
Stampin’ Supplies (all Stampin’ Up unless noted):
- Butterflies and Blossoms Stamp Set (Flourishes), With Gratitude Stamp Set (Flourishes), Everything Eleanor Stamp Set (Wood Mount: 131987, Clear Mount: 124164), That’s the Ticket Stamp Set (Wood Mount: 131946, Clear Mount: 128075)
- Cardstock: 131926 Baked Brown Sugar, 122924 Pool Party, 101650 Very Vanilla, Neenah White Cardstock (for butterfly)
- Ink: 122924 Pool Party, 131174 Baked Brown Sugar, Memento Black Ink, 126945 Pumpkin Pie
- Copic Markers: YR02, YR04, YR09, E18
- Accessories: 103683 Glue Dots, Dark Chocolate Stickles, 102023 Dazzling Diamonds Glitter,100425 2 Way Glue Pen, First Edition DSP (retired), 104199 Linen Thread, 126883 Ticket Duo Punch, 129327 Very Vintage Designer Buttons
If you would like to purchase Stampin’ Up supplies, you can do so in my Online Store.
Have a GREAT Friday!