Flourishes Fall Color Challenge Take 2

Flourishes Fall Color Challenge

Yesterday I shared a card with you and mentioned that halfway through it I stopped working on it and started a new card.  Have you ever done that before?

This is the card I made.  Which card do you like better?  Yesterday’s, which was very Clean and Simple – or this one, which is more dressed up?  Leave me a comment, I’d love to know!

Flourishes Fall Color Challenge

I’m entering this card in the autumn colors challenge at Flourishes: Timeless Tuesday #233 ~ Autumn Color.

To start out, I cut three pieces of Very Vanilla cardstock at 4 x 1-3/4.  I sponged each of those pieces with Pool Party, Brown Sugar and Pumpkin Pie.

I stamped then adhered them to a 4-1/8 x 5-3/8″ piece of Baked Brown Sugar.  Next, I took a very wet paintbrush and flicked water on my stamped and sponged layers.  Since the ink is waterbased, the water reacts with the ink and gives you little washed out specks.  It really adds fun interest to your design!

Next, I sponged my doily with Pool Party ink, adhered it to the card and added all my layers.  The butterfly was colored with Copic Markers and glittered.

Flourishes Fall Color Challenge

Stampin’ Supplies (all Stampin’ Up unless noted):

• Butterflies and Blossoms Stamp Set (Flourishes), With Gratitude Stamp Set (Flourishes), Everything Eleanor Stamp Set (Wood Mount: 131987, Clear Mount: 124164), That’s the Ticket Stamp Set (Wood Mount: 131946, Clear Mount: 128075)
  • Cardstock:  131926 Baked Brown Sugar, 122924 Pool Party, 101650 Very Vanilla, Neenah White Cardstock (for butterfly)
  • Ink:  122924 Pool Party, 131174 Baked Brown Sugar, Memento Black Ink, 126945 Pumpkin Pie
  • Copic Markers:  YR02, YR04, YR09, E18
  • Accessories:  103683 Glue Dots, Dark Chocolate Stickles, 102023 Dazzling Diamonds Glitter,100425 2 Way Glue Pen, First Edition DSP (retired), 104199 Linen Thread, 126883 Ticket Duo Punch, 129327 Very Vintage Designer Buttons

If you would like to purchase Stampin’ Up supplies, you can do so in my Online Store.

Have a GREAT Friday!

• Cynthia Tuttle August 16, 2013, 7:10 pm

Is the stamp set Butterflies and Blossoms a retired SU product?? I don’t see it in the catalog. I really love the second card, but I’m not crazy about the butterfly because he doesn’t look like he belongs there. It is hard for me to explain why. Otherwise, I am going to case your card with many changes, but that’s what it’s all about. Right??

• Catherine August 16, 2013, 7:14 pm

Hi Cynthia!
    Butterflies and Blossoms is a stamp set made by a company called Flourishes. I would LOVE to see how you are inspired by this card and how you tweak it upt!

• Kristie August 17, 2013, 9:21 am

Very pretty! The dark chocolate stickles are so fun! Love that and the whole card.

• Heatheranne August 17, 2013, 11:18 am

Hi Catherine, I’m drawn to the first card more than the second because of the style, although it would be nice with a couple more elements, like the second card. You do beautiful work and I enjoy seeing what you make. Have a great day! :-)

• Vicki August 17, 2013, 9:12 pm

Hi Catherine,

I like the Loaded one better!
    But, both are awesome!

• Broni August 18, 2013, 2:53 pm

What a beautiful combination of backgrounds and colors! Great autumn card! Thanks for playing along in the Timeless Tuesday challenge with us!

Birthday Card Making Copic Markers Floral Gallery Projects

Kristieswoop

White and Black Popped Sentiment Focal Point with Kristie Goulet

Stamp of Approval Project guide

Who’s looking for inspiration?

Winterhaven-Stamp-of-Approval-Joy-Wreath-Feature-Image

Pink Snowflake Joy and WINNERS!

SOA Winterhaven Joy Chalkboard 2

Blog Hop Day 3: Chalkboard Holiday Cards and Watercolored Wreath

SOA Winterhaven Joy wreath 2

Blog Hop Day 2: Tis the Season Wreath Card and Faux Metal Accents

SOA Winterhaven Tags 2

Winterhaven Stamp of Approval Collection Blog Hop Day 1: Good Stuff Tags

SOA Winterhaven carolers 2

Winterhaven Stamp of Approval Preview Day 2: Here We Come A-Caroling

SOA Winterhaven Watercolor Poinsettia

Winterhaven Stamp of Approval Preview Day 1: Tis the Season and Here We Come A Caroling Stamp Sets

View More: http://em-grey.pass.us/catherine-pooler-august-2016-em-grey-photography-raleigh-nc

Card Making Goodness is out of control! (in a very, very good way)

wcmd2017_blogfb (1)

World Card Making Day Sponsors

WCMDcollage

Our World Card Making Day Weekend begins on Friday!

Multi-Step Stamping and Angled Card Front 4

Multi-Step Stamping, Tone on Tone Stenciling and Angled Card Fronts

SOA-CPBlogPost

Clean & Graphic Leaf Motifs with Maureen

Congrats with Arjita Singh

Creating a Winter Sunset Scene

Creating a Winter Sunset Scene Tutorial at StampNation

Hello Clean and Simple

Fun and Fabulous Items Coming to the Shop!