Time for fall? Stampin’ Up Butterfly and Copic Markers

Flourishes Fall Color Challenge

I am completely obsessed with this layout.  I got to play yesterday and I made TWO cards using it.  I think I first used it back in June for the StampNation Summer Kick Off Party (members can view it here) and Maureen used it here.

Try this layout with virtually any shape die cut.  Try stamping flowers or other images in the window that is created by the die cut.  Embellish  with buttons, punch outs, banners, etc.  Leave it Clean and Simple or dress it to the nines!  Either way, you’ve got a really fun card!

Flourishes Fall Color Challenge

I decided on this color combination (which is one of my favorites…orange and blue!) because of the challenge on the Flourishes blog:

Timeless Tuesday #233 ~ Autumn Color

There is still some summer hanging on with this card, but I do love the Pool Party, orange and Baked Brown Sugar color combo for fall.

Actually, half way through this card, I stopped making it because I wasn’t diggin’ it.  I started to make a different one, finished that and came back and finished this one.  I do like how it turned out!  I will share the second card with you tomorrow.

Are you ready for fall yet?  You would think it already was fall here in Raleigh this morning!  It’s only 64 degrees here right now.  Wow!

Flourishes Fall Color Challenge

Stampin’ Supplies:

• Butterflies and Blossoms Stamp Set (Flourishes), With Gratitude Stamp Set (Flourishes)
  • Cardstock:  Baked Brown Sugar, Pool Party, Whisper White, Neenah White Cardstock (for butterfly)
  • Ink:  Pool Party, Baked Brown Sugar, Memento Black Ink
  • Copic Markers:  YR02, YR04, YR09, E18
  • Accessories:  Deco Label Framelits, Dimensionals, Glue Dots

StampNation Update:  Shea posted her tutorial on Acetate Flowers and members are going gaga over it!  Learn more here.

aug15

Inspiration Nation Week #3 Challenge goes up today –  Check out this delictable Inspiration Photo.  Visit SN to see how the Design Team was inspired and my video showing you how I was inspired!  See you there!

I will have the pleasure of taking my almost 14-year old daughter school clothes shopping and I’m hoping to pop into Archiver’s while we are out.  It’s going to be an expensive day!  LOL!

Have a lovely Thursday!

• Allison Cope August 15, 2013, 12:26 pm

Wowsers Catherine! I am in love with the design of your card! Cool use of the negative die cut and your stamping is divine! Great use of the autumn colour scheme on your card. Thanks for playing along with us at Flourishes for our Timeless Tuesday Challenge!

• Linda Wilkinson August 15, 2013, 2:28 pm

Catherine this card is totally awesome love it the colors are fantastic!!!! I know what you mean here in Michigan at night we have been in the 40’s for sure not the middle of August..just saying!!!

• Cheryl Lea August 15, 2013, 3:30 pm

Oh Wow! This is gorgeous! I’ve never seen a design like this! Love the text stamped over the image, and the butterfly is beautiful against the blue bg! I’m so glad you played along with us this week for Flourishes’ Timeless Tuesday Challenge!

• Kristie August 15, 2013, 5:37 pm

Another beautiful card, Catherine!

I am Jello’s you get to go to Archiver’s! I wanna go too! :(

• Fran Wilson August 16, 2013, 2:48 am

I love the card, but I am sooooooo not ready for the “f” word, going to hang on to summer as long as I can. Your butterfly is gorgeous!

• Zelda August 18, 2013, 7:35 pm

Is flourshes a stamp company or a stamp set?

Big Shot Copic Markers Floral Gallery Projects

Interesting Image

youmalkemesmile

You Make Me Smile with Kristie and WINNERS!

BCSD Class collage

Birthday Cards for the year – DONE!

Faithful Flutterings and Stained Glass coverplate

Zen Garden Release Day 4: Stained Glass Coverplate and Faithful Flutterings

Eat Sleep Create and Chevron Cheer

Zen Garden Release Blog Hop Day 3: Eat, Sleep, Create Stamps and Dies

Love Grows 4

Zen Garden Blog Hop Day 2: Love Grows Stamp Set and Dies

Chevron Cheer

Zen Garden Release Blog Hop Day 1

Emboss Resist Save the Youtuber 3

Emboss Resist Technique – Save the YouTuber Blog Hop!

2018-01-26 14.01.01-1

Zen Garden is COMING! and product preview

KristieCPblog

A Colorful World Awaits with Kristie

Ink+Blended+Note+Cards+w-+Catherine+Pooler+Love+Is+In+The+Air+Stamp+of+Approval-1

Blended Note Cards with Cynde

SOA Jan Balloon Shaker Jenny Colacicco A

Shaker Card with Jenny Colacicco

Ink Blended Stamp Happy Birthday Card

Happy Birthday Hand Made Card with Ink Blending ON the Stamp!

IMG-4267

XOX Background with Ashlea Cornell

Love is in the AIR SOA Tracie Pond The World Awaits Bon Voyage

The World Awaits with Tracie Pond

Creativation - The People

Creativation Wrap-up and Video Tours of the Booth!

Background Stamping with Ilina Crouse