Crayon Resist Technique – Beautiful Blooms Stamp Set (PTI)

crayon resist technique

I have not played with the Crayon Resist Technique in eons!  When I saw it over at Nichole Heady’s blog, it inspired me to run up to Eva’s room, rummage around and find a white crayon.

The color combination that I used here was inspired by this card that I made last week for the 10 Minute Craft Dash.  It’s so bright and fun, right?

View the video to see how it was done and some of my thought process behind making this card.  If you are viewing in a feed, click the title of this post to view on my blog!

Thank you, PTI for inspiring this card today and reminding me of this super cool technique that I hadn’t used in a while.  I had so much fun and used a very similar layout as the inspiration card, just changing up a few things.  And while I’m looking at this…I have another idea running through my head…hmmm….

crayon resist technique

If you enjoyed this project and video, I invite you to become a member of StampNation!
Imagine over 325 videos all in one place – categorized by type (cards, techniques, 3D items, scrapbooking, just to name a few!) – to inspire and teach you to become an amazing paper crafter!

Here is just a little peek at the video section of the site (because there is a LOT more than just videos on StampNation!) – click on the image to see it larger:

Screen Shot 2013-08-12 at 4.33.53 PM

On StampNation, you will find all you need…no more searching online for just the right idea, technique or inspiration.  It’s all there!

The two things I hear the most from members are “I wish I had joined sooner!” and “I didn’t expect to meet such amazing people on this site”!

One of our members graciously agreed to let me  share her thoughts here on my blog:

I discovered Catherine on google and took the plunge to join StampNation.  Little did I know what other treasures I was going to find on this site.  StampNation is made up a giant beating Heart of loving unified woman who generously share not only their talents to help you become better and better as a paper crafter but embrace you in friendship.  There is something special here that is intangible but you can feel it every time you sign on.  It is like walking in the door of your home after a tough day at work…you can almost here the…”Ah, I am home finally.“” Tink.

I just love that and I’m thrilled that she (and many other members!) feel that way!  I know that they inspire me every day and I’m so blessed to have them in my life.

Are you ready to join us?  Become a member of StampNation!

Crayon Resist technique

Supplies:

• Beautiful Blooms Stamp Set (PTI), Sassy Salutations Stamp Set (WM: 132070, CM: 126707)
  • Cardstock:  100730 Whisper White, 121045 Basic Black
  • Ink:  126948 Melon Mambo, 131171 Daffodil Delight, 101406 StazOn Black
  • Accessories:  119882 Scallop Border Punch, Stampin’ Sponges

If you would like to order Stampin’ Up products, you can do so in my Online Store (US only).  Thank you!

I’m glad you visited with me today.  Have you tried the Crayon Resist Technique?  Leave me a comment here and let me know what types of stamped images you used.  I’d love to know!

• Joy jones August 12, 2013, 6:40 pm

Cute card and fun reviving that technique!

• Susan August 12, 2013, 9:59 pm

Catherine, this is a lovely card, but I’m pretty surprised that you’d use a PTI stamp set for your main image. I know this is “allowed” now, but in my opinion, you could’ve made SALES if you had featured an SU stamp set. I thought Stamp Nation was SU only – I guess not!! Why send your customers to another stamp company as no doubt they’ll find other stuff to buy there as well. just my opinion as a subscriber to your YouTube channel, and another SU demo.

• Linda S. August 13, 2013, 1:30 am

Such a cute card. Love your colors…

• Shea August 13, 2013, 9:35 am

Catherine, this is an adorable card, and I especially love the background colors you’ve used!! I need to try that technique! I so appreciate that you don’t use SU products exclusively, even though you are a SU demo, as there are so many good open line stamps out there just begging for this technique! Thanks for encouraging us to step out of our comfort zones and become well-rounded crafters not limited to just one brand of product. Cheers!

• Catherine August 13, 2013, 9:39 am

Thank you, Shea! I have enjoyed branching out into the world beyond, although Stampin’ Up still is my first love.

Susan, thank you so much for your comment and for being a viewer, I appreciate that. The beauty of being a demonstrators is that we all get to choose to run our businesses the way we would like to. I choose focus on teaching people how to paper craft and sometimes SU doesn’t carry what I would like to use and teach.
    You can read more about my thoughts in this blog post: http://catherinepooler.com/2013/07/changes-that-shocked-me/

StampNation is a place for all paper crafters to come together…no matter what company’s product they choose to use. It’s for everyone! :)

• Kristie August 13, 2013, 9:48 am

I really love this card, Catherine and that stamp from PTI is perfect for this technique. So very thankful you showed us using this set! :) Keep up the GREAT work!

• Brenda August 13, 2013, 10:25 am

I LOVE this card, Catherine! I too had forgotten about this technique. It’s high time to dust it off and make some cards. You’re my go-to person for techniques and inspiration. THANK YOU!

• Nancy Penir August 13, 2013, 12:19 pm

Hi Catherine, just wanted to say your card is a delight! Full of cheer. Did a lot of crayon resist in school, but never before on a card! Your’s highlight the crayon technique perfectly! Love that sentiment script too!

• Carolina August 13, 2013, 1:53 pm

Thank you for sharing this video. Need to try it!

• Helen F. August 13, 2013, 10:39 pm

Great card using this fun technique, Catherine. Love the blended color you created for your background with those cheery Birthday blooms :)

Birthday Card Making Floral Gallery Projects Techniques Videos

CPBog

Simply Stamped with Maureen Merritt

Gelatos Backgrounds

Gelato Backgrounds and Stamping

DSC00500

Happy Anniversary card with Lydia Evans

summermasterclassseries_blogsized

Masterclasses coming to StampNation!

Screen Shot 2017-06-09 at 11.55.54 AM

We have WINNERS! Stamp of Approval

Naturally Inspired Stamp of Approval Emboss Resist

Naturally Inspired Stamp of Approval Blog Hop Day 3: Emboss Resist Card

Naturally Inspired Stamp of Approval 2

Naturally Inspired Stamp of Approval Blog Hop Day 2: Stamped and Die Cut Card

Masculine Card with Stamp of Approval 2

Naturally Inspired Stamp of Approval Blog Hop Day 1: Masculine Card

Birds of a Feather 2

Naturally Inspired Stamp of Approval – Birds of a Feather

The best is yet to come 2

Product Reveal Day #2: Naturally Inspired SOA

Laughter is the best medicine

Product Reveal Day #1: Naturally Inspired SOA

Simply the Best 2

Early Preview of Stamp of Approval

View More: http://em-grey.pass.us/catherine-pooler-august-2016-em-grey-photography-raleigh-nc

SOA Sneak Peeks and Facebook Live!

SOAGDcollage

Stamp of Approval Guest Design Team!

Happy-Birthday-Cake-Card-by-Taheerah-Atchia-001