Die Cut and Embossed Focal Point Video Tutorial

Venetian Romance Designer Series Paper Die Cut and Embossed

Between going to the pool, hanging with friends and watching the kids clean the house (I finally found a system that is WORKING…for now!  hehe), I actually did quite a bit of stamping this weekend!

So, I sent the two little ones off to their first day of school (they go to year round school and their next break is in Sept. – 3rd and 5th grade!) and got right to work this morning!

I thought I'd film a quick video for you to show you how to make the main stamped image of the card.

Measurements:

• Cardbase: 4-1/4 x 5-1/2
  • Vanilla Layer:  4 x 5-1/4
  • DSP layer on the right side of the card: 2-1/2 x 3-3/4
  • Baked Brown Sugar layer:  2 x 4
  • Script DSP layer: 1-1/2 x 4

Venetian Romance Designer Series Paper Die Cut and Embossed

Stampin' Up Supplies (click the links to view the product in my store):

• Summer Silhouettes Stamp Set (WM: 132082, CM: 126447), Perfectly Penned Stamp Set (WM: 128703, CM: 122892)
  • Cardstock: Very Vanilla, 131296 Baked Brown Sugar
  • Ink: 131176 Crisp Cantelope, 131174 Baked Brown Sugar, 131177 Pistacio Pudding
  • Accessories: 129399 Paper Doilies,130144 Venetian Romance Designer Series Paper, 123130 Designer Frames Embossing Folders, 130917 Beautifully Baroque Embossing Folder, 130102 Deco Labels Framelits, 104403 Dimensionals, 119247 Basic Pearls, Flower Trim (seriously?  this retired???  try a button, a Vintage Brad or a homemade flower instead)

Venetian Romance Designer Series Paper Die Cut and Embossed

Thanks for visiting today…once I finished this video, the filming did not stop.  I went on to make the next video in my KISS Cards Series.  Stay tuned, I will be sharing it later in the week, or early next week.

If you would like to see all my KISS Cards, view them here!

or view them directly on Youtube:  KISS Cards:  Keep it simple stamper!

Be sure to subscribe to my newsletter…the next one comes out on Wednesday with another exclusive tutorial.  Just enter your details in the box at the top of the sidebar and you will get my series:  The top 10 things every stamper needs to know as an added bonus!

• Joy jones July 8, 2013, 11:50 am

Awesome!! Love that look, especially with the dahlia!!!!

• Julee July 8, 2013, 4:46 pm

This is so pretty!

• Sheryl July 8, 2013, 5:19 pm

So very pretty! Thanks for another fab card :D

• Laura Miller July 9, 2013, 8:36 am

Hey Catherine – thanks for the mutliple uses for the Big Shot. What about the little flower you added to your cut-out. How did you make that? Or did I miss a new item in the new SU! catalogue?

• Catherine July 9, 2013, 8:53 am

Hello Laura! Thanks for your comment! :)
    The fabric flower? It’s from the Flower trim from the last mini catalog. Can’t resist it.

• Carolina F. July 10, 2013, 1:19 pm

Love it.

• nanou2277 July 10, 2013, 2:48 pm

toujours un plaisir de voir vos vidéos beautiful
    love and kisses
    nanou2277

• Maryann July 10, 2013, 3:17 pm

Love it. It looks great. I will try one out for my sister’s birthdY

• Gloria Taylor July 10, 2013, 3:38 pm

Thank you again!! You NEVER DISAPPOINT ME in your demos….love all of them, plus I love that you take time and explain exactly how you create all of your beautiful cards, you are awesome!!

• Cuppy July 10, 2013, 4:41 pm

Love the embossed and die cut tag…and how you incorporated the colored doily. My question is: where can I get the embossing folder for the oval frame?? I haven’t seen one like that. I have some embossing folders and a boutique to emboss, but can’t afford the die cut machines… a dream to own one some day..”S” I emboss the envelope flap on all my cards to match the card inside with small folders that came with some of the larger ones. It adds a lovely touch…LOVE your videos..thanks for sharing your talents.

• Regina Bator July 11, 2013, 10:18 am

Awesome Love the Lace Look

• Deb July 12, 2013, 10:29 am

Catherine, that is absolutely elegant. Thank you for the video. It was a perfect complement to your card. Very nice.

• Anne Marie July 20, 2013, 7:33 am

Catherine , that s a sweet idea . Tfs.. You rock. My favorite was how you put the piece of Doily on. That way it’s even and perfect every time . So cute … Yours in ink Anne

Floral Gallery Techniques Videos

Interesting Image

Chrissie Tobas Post

Faithful Flutterings with Chrissie

Available-Now_Square

Blog Hop Winners

Twisted Sunburst and Happiness Enclosed

Sunny with a Side of Sparkle Blog Hop Day 3: Stencils with Embossing Glitter

Starlights and Twisted Sunburst

Sunny with a Side of Sparkle Blog Hop Day 2: Stamping with Stencils

Starlights and Twisted Sunburst 3

Sunny with a Side of Sparkle Blog Hop Day 1

Available-June_Square

Sunny with a Side of Sparkle – full product reveal!

Stamping and Negative Die Cuts

Stamping and Negative Die Cuts – video tutorial

B8A18C9B-092A-4217-98F9-9FB7385F984B

You are Wonderful with Ashlea

DSC00425

Rainbow Note of Thanks with Lydia

mel-wonderful

Simply Wonderful with Melissa – stamping inside the BFF Background

CP Wild and Wonderful Tracie Pond (10 of 12)

Thank You For All You Do with Tracie Pond

7FE9EAEFD4C246149BD186C86183F7C7

Crush on Grape Crush with Susan

Congrats for ardyth 2

Ink Blended and Glittered Congratulations Card for Ardyth

Wonderful Wildflowers in pink and green

Catherine Pooler Designs