This hasn’t happened in a long time…

Regarding Dahlias Clean and Simple

I woke up with an idea in my head…stamp the flower from the Regarding Dahlias Stamp Set (which is one of my favorites!) on the sheet music pattern from the Modern Medley Designer Series Paper, cut it out and layer it.

I sprung out of bed to get stamping.  Whew, this hasn’t happened in forever…if you follow my blog and Facebook page, you know I’ve been having some Mojo Issues the last couple months.  I’m happy to say I think my issues have been resolved.  I feel back to normal and ideas are flowing.  That feels AWESOME!

If you ever have Mojo Issues, don’t feel bad…it happens!

Regarding Dahlias Clean and Simple

Before I really got going, I checked out the CAS-ual Fridays Challenge Blog to see what was up there to inspire the rest of my card.  Their theme is “Material Girl” – create a project with some sort of material.

BAM!  I immediately knew what I was going to use…a piece from the bag of lemons I used yesterday to make homemade Strawberry Lemonade.

We spent 9+ hours yesterday at two different pool parties, so I decided the kiddos needed something special to drink and got all fancy on them.  It really was easy, all I did was heat some water in the microwave for about 3 minutes with lemon quarters (I squeezed them in), some sugar and strawberries.  Poured it over ice in water bottles and we were good to go.

When I made my water bottle, I thought, hmmmm….this might need something!  I looked in the cabinet and a bottle of Cake Vodka was staring at me.  Oh me, oh my!  Strawberry Shortcake with lemon zest, yep, that’s what it tasted like!  What would be a good name for that kind of drink?

Regarding Dahlias Clean and Simple

Anyways, back to the stamping!  I stamped the dahlia three times, embossed it in black and cut it out.  They are layered on top of each other with dimensionals to add…well…dimension!

The piece of lemon bag was adhered with a bit Liquid Glue.  Hope you like it!

All Supplies Stampin’ Up! unless otherwise noted – click red names to view in my store:

This weekend marks the last few days of summer vacation for my littles.  They go back to school on Monday (I know…weird…but they go to a year-round school and will have another break in September).

The oldest one will be home, but when they are all home, that usually limits what I can do work-wise and I take most of June of and just work part-time.  Monday I’ll get back to it and I’m realizing how long it’s been since I’ve had a video on my blog!

Stay tuned…I’ll get back to videos next week! :)

I hope my American friends had an amazing Fourth of July and everyone is looking forward to a great weekend!

• Joy jones July 5, 2013, 10:14 am

Fabulous card. Love the layered dahlia on the music dsp. PERFECTIONE!!!!! Cute border too!

• Pam Merwin July 5, 2013, 10:26 am

Love this! The dahlia is fantastic :)

• Erika Post July 5, 2013, 10:55 am

I’d call it a Summer Slice! Love the card too! Glad you got your mojo back!

• Joyce Dyck July 5, 2013, 11:48 am

WoW!!! Love it!

• Linda Wilkinson July 5, 2013, 12:33 pm

Love the card it is totally awesome!!!! Love the drinks ideas too! Hope you had a great day!

• Kate Moody July 5, 2013, 4:31 pm

You blended three of my favorite things: music, stamping and flowers. I’m loving this design and can’t wait to pair it up with Message Melodies before sending. Thanks for the inspiration!

• Carolina F. July 5, 2013, 7:22 pm

Great card! Can’t wait to see a new video.

• Sharon J. Jones July 6, 2013, 12:58 am

Don’t you love it when you have dreams like that!! And you brought it to fruition! Perfectly done! Love the stamp on the music paper and the border is a great idea, Catherine…kudos to you!

• Deb July 6, 2013, 4:25 pm

Catherine, this is great! What an awesome way to use something that is not a craft supply in a great way. Thanks for playing along with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

• Monika Reeck July 7, 2013, 2:00 pm

Your flower totally adorable….love the monochrom on your card…AWESOME card..love this..

I am also joining the CAS-UAL Fridays, and my card is number 32 if you want to see it on my blog and I would be so happy if you could leave me some love…many thanks before and hugs…Monik

• Lindsay A. July 9, 2013, 8:52 am

Super clever Catherine! I love the flower and the yellow bit of texture is perfect! Thanks for sharing it with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

• sanketi July 11, 2013, 10:24 pm

A wonderful card! Thanks so much for joining us at CAS-ual Fridays this week!

Floral Gallery Projects

Counting Blessings Fallen Leaves1

Counting Blessings Stamp of Approval Blog Hop Day 3: Stencil and Watercolored Backgrounds

Fallen Leaves 4

Counting Blessings Stamp of Approval Blog Hop Day 2: Fallen Leaves

Bloomin' Bouquet 1.1

Counting Blessings Stamp of Approval Blog Hop Day 1: Bloomin’ Bouquet

Counting Blessings Thankful

Counting Blessings – Grateful, Thankful, Blessed

Counting Blessings Until Further Notice

Counting Blessings – Stenciling with Multiple Colors

Counting Blessings Faux Bleaching

Counting Blessings Stamp of Approval – Faux Bleaching

CountingBlesings_BlogFBComingSoon

A Quick Card and a peek at the Counting Blessings Stamp of Approval Collection!

IngridCU-CP-FP-2b

The Perfect Pear with Ingrid Blackburn

Chrissie_Pineapple

Masked Mod Flower Stencil with Chrissie Tobas

ECShow_Instagram

Enchanted Cottage, here I come!

Floral Background KISS Cards_3

Floral Background: KISS Cards

citrushello

Summer Citrus with Melissa Miller

Mod Flower Watercolor Card 2

Using Stencils as Stamps – Brick Wall with Graffiti Style Sentiments

How to reink youtube

How to Reink your Ink Pads- sounds easy, but you’ll want these tips!

pineapplethanks