Choosing new stamps and splattering…

Stampin' Up Tape It, A Round Array Stamp Set

Have you ever purchased a stamp set that you thought you would use a ton and there it sits…on your shelf…sad and lonely and uninky???

I like to minimize this as much as possible, so I can’t tell you how many times I went through the new Stampin’ Up catalog to pick and choose and decide and agonize over what to purchase on my first order.  How about you?

Since many of my stamp sets retired (more than half!), I seriously had very little to work with over the month of May.   For the projects and videos I made, I tried to use goodies that were going to be available in the next catalog so that my videos wouldn’t be dated 2 weeks after release.

When I was working with what I had left, I realized what I was missing was greetings and elements stamps.  So the new Tape It stamp set was at the top of the list!

Stampin' Up Tape It, A Round Array Stamp Set

My order just arrived on Friday late afternoon, but with three dance recitals and my dad’s birthday party this weekend, there was no inky time!  This morning I got a chance to whip them out and so far I have to say, I am LOVING Tape It!  So fun and totally trendy.

Stampin' Up Tape It, A Round Array Stamp Set

I just found out last night that Stampin’ Up retired the Color Spritzer Tool.  Wh-WH- WHAT!!!????  Are you kidding me?  On two counts.

1. I missed it
  2. and seriously?  SU retired the Color Spritzer Tool????  Who made that decision?  lol

I love the Color Spritzer tool….but sigh, oh, well…I did some ink splattering on my own for this card.  I actually didn’t plan to, but when I stamped the chevron pattern in Bermuda Bay, I had a tiny ink accident.  Do you see it?  Right above and a bit to the left of the Crumb Cake Scallop.

I was going to cover it with the Scallop Circle, but it wouldn’t have been quite in the right place according to the placements of all my Crumb Cake medallions.

So splattering was a must!  All I did was wet a paint brush, pick up some ink from the inside of my ink pad, I held the paintbrush over my project and tapped it once.

Gorgeous, beautiful, random splatters.  PERFECT!  Another happy accident.

Stampin’ Up Supplies:

• Tape It Stamp Set, A Round Array Stamp Set
  • Cardstock:  Bermuda Bay, Crumb Cake, Whisper White
  • Ink: Bermuda Bay, Crumb Cake, Early Espresso
  • Accessories:  1-3/8″ Circle Punch, 1″ Circle Punch, 1-3/4″ Scallop Circle Punch, Rhinestones

Hope you enjoyed today’s card!  Happy Monday, friends!

• Kristie June 10, 2013, 11:30 am

LOVE this card! The colors are great together and your splattering is perfect!

• Diane June 10, 2013, 4:34 pm

In the 14 years I’ve been stamping this is the second time they’ve retired the color spritzer. So maybe they’ll bring it back a third time. I wish I felt more comfortable with splattering. I make so many messes without trying that I hate to do it on purpose! I want everything to be “perfect”!

• Joan VanCourt June 10, 2013, 6:51 pm

Catherine, what a beautiful card. That Tape It set is the first thing on my list. I just love what you did with it. Thanks for sharing.

• Cynthia Tuttle June 10, 2013, 7:32 pm

Hello again!! How did the recitals go?? I am glad that your package arrived safe and dry too!! My Bunco order has arrived at my upline’s home and I am so excited now! I realized that I totally forgot to order my new magnetic Big Shot platform. Darn! I really wanted to see if it works like it does in the SU video. Well anyways, I love your card!! I have that stamp set near the top of my “gotta have it” list!! Have a great evening and thanks for the new card and video!!

• Sharon J. Jones June 13, 2013, 3:43 pm

Absolutely stunning card, Catherine!! I so LOVE your splatters on this! The colors and layout are perfection!!

• Rhiannon June 15, 2013, 10:04 pm

GORGEOUS!!

Gallery Masculine Projects

Interesting Image

Background Stamping with Ilina Crouse

Heather

Handstamped Background with Heather North

SOA Love 001ADJ copy.jpg2

Masked Floral Frame with Lisa Harrolle

The World Awaits cardjpg

To the Ends of the Earth with Kelly Martin

BCSD CFS

Learn, Share and Do

SOA_LITA_Facebook-Sidebar_Available-Now

Winners and Birthday Card Bash!

KBaker_JanSoA_3

Sending Love with Karen Baker with Love is in the Air SOA

Screen Shot 2018-01-10 at 11.19.15 AM

Season’s Giving Blog Hop WINNER!

LITA Love You Clean and Simple

Stamp of Approval Love is in the Air Blog Hop Day 3

LITA Happiness Enclosed

Stamp of Approval Love is in the Air Blog Hop Day 2

SOA_LITA_Blog_Comment-To-Win

Stamp of Approval Love is in the Air Blog Hop Day 1: Emboss Resist and Inlaid Die Cutting Technique

LITA Bon VOyage 3

Love is in the Air Stamp of Approval Collection – Product Reveal Day #3

LITA Watercolored Love

Stamp of Approval Love is in the Air Collection – Product Reveal Day #2

LITA Rock and Rolled

Stamp of Approval Collection Product Reveals!

Love is in the Air with Sunburst