Vintage Pile it On Card with My Favorite Things and Everything Eleanor Stamp Set

This week while I was cleaning out my boxes and boxes of cards (thanks for all your thoughts on what to do with these beauties!), I found some “left overs”.  You know…pieces and punches and die cuts that weren’t used on a project.

I found this fun heart with the button and the love tag and decided to make a card around that heart.  I used the sketch from My Favorite Things to spark my Mojo.

MFTWSC124

Once I got going, I didn’t stop for a while and added tons of goodness to this card…which I like to call a “Pile it on” card.  With the “love” tag and the “remember” on the notebook cut out, I think this would make a great anniversary card!

If you’ve never used a sketch before, I encourage you to try it!  I started with the white rectangle on the sketch and decided to use the Journal It – Top Ten Stamp Set (My Favorite Things) and Notebook Die as the springboard for the rest of the card.

I wanted to put a little twist on the banner from the sketch, so I cut a 1-1/4″ wide strip of cardstock and slipped it through my punch as shown to cut just the bottom edge.  Yep, more mileage out of your punches!  Do I hear a wooohoo?

This is a punch coming out from Stampin’ Up on May 31.

Instead of using a strip of DSP or cardstock across the top, I chose to use seam binding in Crumb Cake and tie a bow.

See how easy it is to use a sketch?  If you want to learn more and be inspired by my sketches, you will definitely want to check out Definitely Sketches!

In this program, you will get a new issue every 14 days with a sketch, 3 cards made using that sketch and full instructions on how to make the cards. This is great for people who are short on time, beginning card makers, or those that just want more inspiration!

Supplies- all Stampin’ Up unless otherwise noted:

• Tiny Tags Stamp Set (retiring May 30 -wm:  118091, cm:  118592), Everything Eleanor, Journal It – Top Ten Stamp Set (My Favorite Things)
  • Cardstock:  Crumb Cake, Very Vanilla, Riding Hood Red
  • Ink: Early Espresso, Pretty in Pink, Not Quite Navy
  • Accessories:  Paper Doily Sizzlit, Apothecary Accents Framelits, Notebook Die (My Favorite Things), Fan Fair Designer Series Paper, Jewelry Tag Punch, Linen Thread, Heart Punch, Fancy Fan Embossing Folder, Chevron Embossing Folder, Stampin’ Sponges, Glue Dots, Crumb Cake Seam Binding

Thank you for stopping by today and be sure to check back tomorrow when I’m going to show you how to make one layer look like three!

Don’t forget to check out Definitely Sketches, here is what one subscriber has to say:

“Just ordered Definitely Sketches and LOVE IT!!!   This is EXACTLY what I’ve been looking for . The format is beautifully laid out with detailed, easy to follow instructions, not to mention the price is a steal.   I highly recommend this to anymore who wants to get the most out of their supplies.  It is money very well spent.   You’ve really outdone yourself this time.  Great job once again.”  -Carolyn

• Jackie May 16, 2013, 11:37 am

I would love it if you would put the # of the item that you use (tiny tags?) It would help in the search.
    I love all your projects and I am building my inventory on your demo….

• Paula D May 16, 2013, 11:44 am

Oh, such a pretty card. Amazing what you can do with some “leftovers” and a sketch. Thank you.

• Joy jones May 16, 2013, 11:58 am

Love this gorgeous card! And I did order that notebook die and companion stamp set…….should arrive soon!!!!!

• Kristie May 16, 2013, 12:47 pm

Beautiful card!!!

• Carolina F. May 16, 2013, 1:18 pm

Love this beautiful card. It is so gorgeous the color you used are perfect. Thank you for sharing this amazing card :)

• NAN May 16, 2013, 4:48 pm

Great card. I just love your work well done

• Samar May 17, 2013, 8:13 am

You are a genius and a genuine crafter
    I loved the card

• Kate Moody May 17, 2013, 9:01 am

I love that you find fun, beautiful ways to use bits and scraps. I hate wasting anything and keep a bin of all my leftover papers, ribbons, etc. Your ideas inspire me to use them. Thanks for another great post!

• Stephanie May 17, 2013, 10:44 am

I love your card. It looks fantastic. Thanks for sharing your sketch and ideas.

Yours Stephanie

• Vero Lopez February 3, 2015, 12:24 pm

Hermosa!!!
    Es uno de mis técnicas favoritas Vintage
    Gracias por la idea

Saludos

• Sharon Salerno February 3, 2015, 4:13 pm

gorgeous card! I have been thinking I should use some of my leftovers too. This amazing!

• Sharon Jones February 4, 2015, 4:14 pm

Catherine! I love the way you think about new ideas while you’re “piling” it on! This card came out fabulous, gf! I adore it!

Gallery Projects Seasonal

winners

Winners for the Stamp of Approval Blog Hops!

Counting Blessings Fallen Leaves1

Counting Blessings Stamp of Approval Blog Hop Day 3: Stencil and Watercolored Backgrounds

Fallen Leaves 4

Counting Blessings Stamp of Approval Blog Hop Day 2: Fallen Leaves

Bloomin' Bouquet 1.1

Counting Blessings Stamp of Approval Blog Hop Day 1: Bloomin’ Bouquet

Counting Blessings Thankful

Counting Blessings – Grateful, Thankful, Blessed

Counting Blessings Until Further Notice

Counting Blessings – Stenciling with Multiple Colors

Counting Blessings Faux Bleaching

Counting Blessings Stamp of Approval – Faux Bleaching

CountingBlesings_BlogFBComingSoon

A Quick Card and a peek at the Counting Blessings Stamp of Approval Collection!

IngridCU-CP-FP-2b

The Perfect Pear with Ingrid Blackburn

Chrissie_Pineapple

Masked Mod Flower Stencil with Chrissie Tobas

ECShow_Instagram

Enchanted Cottage, here I come!

Floral Background KISS Cards_3

Floral Background: KISS Cards

citrushello

Summer Citrus with Melissa Miller

Mod Flower Watercolor Card 2

Using Stencils as Stamps – Brick Wall with Graffiti Style Sentiments

How to reink youtube

How to Reink your Ink Pads- sounds easy, but you’ll want these tips!

pineapplethanks