Vintage Pile it On Card with My Favorite Things and Everything Eleanor Stamp Set

This week while I was cleaning out my boxes and boxes of cards (thanks for all your thoughts on what to do with these beauties!), I found some “left overs”.  You know…pieces and punches and die cuts that weren’t used on a project.

I found this fun heart with the button and the love tag and decided to make a card around that heart.  I used the sketch from My Favorite Things to spark my Mojo.

MFTWSC124

Once I got going, I didn’t stop for a while and added tons of goodness to this card…which I like to call a “Pile it on” card.  With the “love” tag and the “remember” on the notebook cut out, I think this would make a great anniversary card!

If you’ve never used a sketch before, I encourage you to try it!  I started with the white rectangle on the sketch and decided to use the Journal It – Top Ten Stamp Set (My Favorite Things) and Notebook Die as the springboard for the rest of the card.

I wanted to put a little twist on the banner from the sketch, so I cut a 1-1/4″ wide strip of cardstock and slipped it through my punch as shown to cut just the bottom edge.  Yep, more mileage out of your punches!  Do I hear a wooohoo?

This is a punch coming out from Stampin’ Up on May 31.

Instead of using a strip of DSP or cardstock across the top, I chose to use seam binding in Crumb Cake and tie a bow.

See how easy it is to use a sketch?  If you want to learn more and be inspired by my sketches, you will definitely want to check out Definitely Sketches!

In this program, you will get a new issue every 14 days with a sketch, 3 cards made using that sketch and full instructions on how to make the cards. This is great for people who are short on time, beginning card makers, or those that just want more inspiration!

Supplies- all Stampin’ Up unless otherwise noted:

• Tiny Tags Stamp Set (retiring May 30 -wm:  118091, cm:  118592), Everything Eleanor, Journal It – Top Ten Stamp Set (My Favorite Things)
  • Cardstock:  Crumb Cake, Very Vanilla, Riding Hood Red
  • Ink: Early Espresso, Pretty in Pink, Not Quite Navy
  • Accessories:  Paper Doily Sizzlit, Apothecary Accents Framelits, Notebook Die (My Favorite Things), Fan Fair Designer Series Paper, Jewelry Tag Punch, Linen Thread, Heart Punch, Fancy Fan Embossing Folder, Chevron Embossing Folder, Stampin’ Sponges, Glue Dots, Crumb Cake Seam Binding

Thank you for stopping by today and be sure to check back tomorrow when I’m going to show you how to make one layer look like three!

Don’t forget to check out Definitely Sketches, here is what one subscriber has to say:

“Just ordered Definitely Sketches and LOVE IT!!!   This is EXACTLY what I’ve been looking for . The format is beautifully laid out with detailed, easy to follow instructions, not to mention the price is a steal.   I highly recommend this to anymore who wants to get the most out of their supplies.  It is money very well spent.   You’ve really outdone yourself this time.  Great job once again.”  -Carolyn

• Jackie May 16, 2013, 11:37 am

I would love it if you would put the # of the item that you use (tiny tags?) It would help in the search.
    I love all your projects and I am building my inventory on your demo….

• Paula D May 16, 2013, 11:44 am

Oh, such a pretty card. Amazing what you can do with some “leftovers” and a sketch. Thank you.

• Joy jones May 16, 2013, 11:58 am

Love this gorgeous card! And I did order that notebook die and companion stamp set…….should arrive soon!!!!!

• Kristie May 16, 2013, 12:47 pm

Beautiful card!!!

• Carolina F. May 16, 2013, 1:18 pm

Love this beautiful card. It is so gorgeous the color you used are perfect. Thank you for sharing this amazing card :)

• NAN May 16, 2013, 4:48 pm

Great card. I just love your work well done

• Samar May 17, 2013, 8:13 am

You are a genius and a genuine crafter
    I loved the card

• Kate Moody May 17, 2013, 9:01 am

I love that you find fun, beautiful ways to use bits and scraps. I hate wasting anything and keep a bin of all my leftover papers, ribbons, etc. Your ideas inspire me to use them. Thanks for another great post!

• Stephanie May 17, 2013, 10:44 am

I love your card. It looks fantastic. Thanks for sharing your sketch and ideas.

Yours Stephanie

• Vero Lopez February 3, 2015, 12:24 pm

Hermosa!!!
    Es uno de mis técnicas favoritas Vintage
    Gracias por la idea

Saludos

• Sharon Salerno February 3, 2015, 4:13 pm

gorgeous card! I have been thinking I should use some of my leftovers too. This amazing!

• Sharon Jones February 4, 2015, 4:14 pm

Catherine! I love the way you think about new ideas while you’re “piling” it on! This card came out fabulous, gf! I adore it!

Gallery Projects Seasonal

Kristieswoop

White and Black Popped Sentiment Focal Point with Kristie Goulet

Stamp of Approval Project guide

Who’s looking for inspiration?

Winterhaven-Stamp-of-Approval-Joy-Wreath-Feature-Image

Pink Snowflake Joy and WINNERS!

SOA Winterhaven Joy Chalkboard 2

Blog Hop Day 3: Chalkboard Holiday Cards and Watercolored Wreath

SOA Winterhaven Joy wreath 2

Blog Hop Day 2: Tis the Season Wreath Card and Faux Metal Accents

SOA Winterhaven Tags 2

Winterhaven Stamp of Approval Collection Blog Hop Day 1: Good Stuff Tags

SOA Winterhaven carolers 2

Winterhaven Stamp of Approval Preview Day 2: Here We Come A-Caroling

SOA Winterhaven Watercolor Poinsettia

Winterhaven Stamp of Approval Preview Day 1: Tis the Season and Here We Come A Caroling Stamp Sets

View More: http://em-grey.pass.us/catherine-pooler-august-2016-em-grey-photography-raleigh-nc

Card Making Goodness is out of control! (in a very, very good way)

wcmd2017_blogfb (1)

World Card Making Day Sponsors

WCMDcollage

Our World Card Making Day Weekend begins on Friday!

Multi-Step Stamping and Angled Card Front 4

Multi-Step Stamping, Tone on Tone Stenciling and Angled Card Fronts

SOA-CPBlogPost

Clean & Graphic Leaf Motifs with Maureen

Congrats with Arjita Singh

Creating a Winter Sunset Scene

Creating a Winter Sunset Scene Tutorial at StampNation

Hello Clean and Simple

Fun and Fabulous Items Coming to the Shop!