KISS Card – Birthday Card Making

KISS Card Birthday Card Making

I didn’t plan on stamping today, but I guess I woke up with the stamping bug this morning!  I headed over to the CAS(E) this Sketch and CASE Study Challenge blogs for inspriation.  What inspired me?  The Sketch (Sketches almost ALWAYS inspire me) and the flowers from the Muse project.

KISS Card Birthday Card Making

I used this opportunity to make a KISS Card (Keep it Simple Stamper – see more here!) and make four of them!  I began by cutting my cardstock in fourths, minus 1/4″.  This will be my top layer at 4 x 5-1/4.

I stamped the oval chevron from the Oh Hello Stamp Set in Staz-on Black.  Remember, when making more than one card at once, do each step one at a time for all the cards.

KISS Card Birthday Card Making

The stamp set is Label Love (new catalog that premiers on May 31) punched with the coordinating Artisan Label Punch.

I thought a bold colored graphic, but almost solid print would work well and the Summer Smooches Designer Series Paper worked perfectly.  I used my Big Shot and the Apothecary Accents Die to cut it out.

You’ll notice that the card above on the left has a bit of a different layout…ssshhh!  That is to hide a boo-boo!  ;)

KISS Card Birthday Card Making

I wanted to try red out and I think it looks really sharp!  Doesn’t red and black always look sharp?  One flower accented the design and brought a feminine touch to it.  The muse from CASE Study inspired that.

Stampin’ Up Supplies:

• Oh, Hello Stamp Set, Label Love Stamp Set
  • Cardstock:  Real Red, Very Vanilla, Not Quite Navy
  • Ink:  Stazon Black
  • Accessories:  Apothecary Accents Framelits, Artisan Label Punch, Flower Trim

Have you gotten my exclusive video series:

The top 10 things every stamper needs to know!

CLICK HERE TO VIEW THE FIRST video, then be sure to put your info in the box next to the video, then check your email to activate your subscription.

See you on the other side!

• Kristie May 9, 2013, 2:53 pm

LOVE these! The red and black does look sharp. :)

• Kathryn May 9, 2013, 3:46 pm

What stamp set did you use for the Happy Birthday and the Frame around it?

Kathryn

• Catherine May 9, 2013, 4:34 pm

Sorry, forgot it in the supply list, just added it! It’s called Label Love and it comes out in the next catalog! :)

• Pam Swope May 10, 2013, 8:07 am

Really like this card. So simple. Catherine, I have never used sketches as inspiration. Don’t know if I’d know how! Is there a tutorial on that or is it just something I would have to practice? Thanks for all your expertise and your willingness to share. I just joined Stampnation and am so excited at all the info and great card designs. You Rock!
    Pam

• Catherine May 10, 2013, 8:12 am

that is a GREAT question, Pam! You are a StampNation Member, there is a tutorial for you written by Maureen on how to use sketches, you can check it out here:

• Ardyth May 10, 2013, 9:18 am

these are great – graphic shapes and rich colours! Thanks so much for playing along with us at CAS(E) This Sketch this week!

• Cathy Weber May 11, 2013, 1:13 pm

Wow, such great cards. Love the CAS design and they both have such a graphic feel to them!

• Chrissy L May 14, 2013, 8:39 am

These are great and I love the layering! So happy you decided to join us at CAS(E) this Sketch!

• Gayatri Murali May 14, 2013, 11:59 pm

Love the graphic chevron and how you have changed the orientation of the second elements and used different colours. Love it. Thanks for playing along with us @ CAS(E) this Sketch challenge:)

• Jean Martin May 16, 2013, 4:38 pm

What a lovely card! I totally love the chevron and color combination you used! :)

• Linda May 18, 2013, 12:17 am

Wow just love these colors have to check out that punch & stamp set thanks!!

Birthday Card Making Gallery KISS Cards Masculine Projects

Stamp of Approval Project guide

Who’s looking for inspiration?

Winterhaven-Stamp-of-Approval-Joy-Wreath-Feature-Image

Pink Snowflake Joy and WINNERS!

SOA Winterhaven Joy Chalkboard 2

Blog Hop Day 3: Chalkboard Holiday Cards and Watercolored Wreath

SOA Winterhaven Joy wreath 2

Blog Hop Day 2: Tis the Season Wreath Card and Faux Metal Accents

SOA Winterhaven Tags 2

Winterhaven Stamp of Approval Collection Blog Hop Day 1: Good Stuff Tags

SOA Winterhaven carolers 2

Winterhaven Stamp of Approval Preview Day 2: Here We Come A-Caroling

SOA Winterhaven Watercolor Poinsettia

Winterhaven Stamp of Approval Preview Day 1: Tis the Season and Here We Come A Caroling Stamp Sets

View More: http://em-grey.pass.us/catherine-pooler-august-2016-em-grey-photography-raleigh-nc

Card Making Goodness is out of control! (in a very, very good way)

wcmd2017_blogfb (1)

World Card Making Day Sponsors

WCMDcollage

Our World Card Making Day Weekend begins on Friday!

Multi-Step Stamping and Angled Card Front 4

Multi-Step Stamping, Tone on Tone Stenciling and Angled Card Fronts

SOA-CPBlogPost

Clean & Graphic Leaf Motifs with Maureen

Congrats with Arjita Singh

Creating a Winter Sunset Scene

Creating a Winter Sunset Scene Tutorial at StampNation

Hello Clean and Simple

Fun and Fabulous Items Coming to the Shop!

Soft Stenciling with Heather