KISS Card – Birthday Card Making

KISS Card Birthday Card Making

I didn’t plan on stamping today, but I guess I woke up with the stamping bug this morning!  I headed over to the CAS(E) this Sketch and CASE Study Challenge blogs for inspriation.  What inspired me?  The Sketch (Sketches almost ALWAYS inspire me) and the flowers from the Muse project.

KISS Card Birthday Card Making

I used this opportunity to make a KISS Card (Keep it Simple Stamper – see more here!) and make four of them!  I began by cutting my cardstock in fourths, minus 1/4″.  This will be my top layer at 4 x 5-1/4.

I stamped the oval chevron from the Oh Hello Stamp Set in Staz-on Black.  Remember, when making more than one card at once, do each step one at a time for all the cards.

KISS Card Birthday Card Making

The stamp set is Label Love (new catalog that premiers on May 31) punched with the coordinating Artisan Label Punch.

I thought a bold colored graphic, but almost solid print would work well and the Summer Smooches Designer Series Paper worked perfectly.  I used my Big Shot and the Apothecary Accents Die to cut it out.

You’ll notice that the card above on the left has a bit of a different layout…ssshhh!  That is to hide a boo-boo!  ;)

KISS Card Birthday Card Making

I wanted to try red out and I think it looks really sharp!  Doesn’t red and black always look sharp?  One flower accented the design and brought a feminine touch to it.  The muse from CASE Study inspired that.

Stampin’ Up Supplies:

• Oh, Hello Stamp Set, Label Love Stamp Set
  • Cardstock:  Real Red, Very Vanilla, Not Quite Navy
  • Ink:  Stazon Black
  • Accessories:  Apothecary Accents Framelits, Artisan Label Punch, Flower Trim

Have you gotten my exclusive video series:

The top 10 things every stamper needs to know!

CLICK HERE TO VIEW THE FIRST video, then be sure to put your info in the box next to the video, then check your email to activate your subscription.

See you on the other side!

• Kristie May 9, 2013, 2:53 pm

LOVE these! The red and black does look sharp. :)

• Kathryn May 9, 2013, 3:46 pm

What stamp set did you use for the Happy Birthday and the Frame around it?

Kathryn

• Catherine May 9, 2013, 4:34 pm

Sorry, forgot it in the supply list, just added it! It’s called Label Love and it comes out in the next catalog! :)

• Pam Swope May 10, 2013, 8:07 am

Really like this card. So simple. Catherine, I have never used sketches as inspiration. Don’t know if I’d know how! Is there a tutorial on that or is it just something I would have to practice? Thanks for all your expertise and your willingness to share. I just joined Stampnation and am so excited at all the info and great card designs. You Rock!
    Pam

• Catherine May 10, 2013, 8:12 am

that is a GREAT question, Pam! You are a StampNation Member, there is a tutorial for you written by Maureen on how to use sketches, you can check it out here:

• Ardyth May 10, 2013, 9:18 am

these are great – graphic shapes and rich colours! Thanks so much for playing along with us at CAS(E) This Sketch this week!

• Cathy Weber May 11, 2013, 1:13 pm

Wow, such great cards. Love the CAS design and they both have such a graphic feel to them!

• Chrissy L May 14, 2013, 8:39 am

These are great and I love the layering! So happy you decided to join us at CAS(E) this Sketch!

• Gayatri Murali May 14, 2013, 11:59 pm

Love the graphic chevron and how you have changed the orientation of the second elements and used different colours. Love it. Thanks for playing along with us @ CAS(E) this Sketch challenge:)

• Jean Martin May 16, 2013, 4:38 pm

What a lovely card! I totally love the chevron and color combination you used! :)

• Linda May 18, 2013, 12:17 am

Wow just love these colors have to check out that punch & stamp set thanks!!

Birthday Card Making Gallery KISS Cards Masculine Projects

Counting Blessings Fallen Leaves1

Counting Blessings Stamp of Approval Blog Hop Day 3: Stencil and Watercolored Backgrounds

Fallen Leaves 4

Counting Blessings Stamp of Approval Blog Hop Day 2: Fallen Leaves

Bloomin' Bouquet 1.1

Counting Blessings Stamp of Approval Blog Hop Day 1: Bloomin’ Bouquet

Counting Blessings Thankful

Counting Blessings – Grateful, Thankful, Blessed

Counting Blessings Until Further Notice

Counting Blessings – Stenciling with Multiple Colors

Counting Blessings Faux Bleaching

Counting Blessings Stamp of Approval – Faux Bleaching

CountingBlesings_BlogFBComingSoon

A Quick Card and a peek at the Counting Blessings Stamp of Approval Collection!

IngridCU-CP-FP-2b

The Perfect Pear with Ingrid Blackburn

Chrissie_Pineapple

Masked Mod Flower Stencil with Chrissie Tobas

ECShow_Instagram

Enchanted Cottage, here I come!

Floral Background KISS Cards_3

Floral Background: KISS Cards

citrushello

Summer Citrus with Melissa Miller

Mod Flower Watercolor Card 2

Using Stencils as Stamps – Brick Wall with Graffiti Style Sentiments

How to reink youtube

How to Reink your Ink Pads- sounds easy, but you’ll want these tips!

pineapplethanks