Challenge Card for CASE Study, CAS(E) This Sketch and StampNation

Challenge Card for CASE Study, CAS(E) This Sketch and StampNation

Take this tutorial with you! Click here to download the PDF.

Do you ever find yourself in a stamping rut with no inspiration?  I’ve found myself there a few times lately!  One thing that helps me get out of it is participating in challenges.  And that is exactly what I did for today’s card!

I combined three challenges:  StampNation:  Getting Sentimental, CASE Study, and CAS(E) This Sketch.

The StampNation Challenge goes like this:

Use more than one stamp set to build your sentiment!

Pull out those sentiments and see how you can make them work together.

StampNation Challenge

Maureen used “Thanks” stamps from three different sets to build a fun and unique sentiment.  I used three sets as well with different words to build the phrase on my card.  Thank you for the inspiration Maureen!

The challenges at StampNation never close and with almost 100 challenges in all, you will never lack for inspiration!  More info on membership here!

Ok, so to see how this card was made view the video and see a few of the struggles I had with this card to get it just right.

Card base:  4-1/4 x 11   Both Layers:  4 x 5-1/4 Challenge Card for CASE Study, CAS(E) This Sketch and StampNation Stampin’ Up! Supplies:

• Stamp Sets:  Circle Circles, Pennant Parade, One in a Million, Loving Thoughts
  • Ink:  Melon Mambo, Real Red, Pumpkin Pie, Daffodil Delight, Old Olive, Tempting Turquiose
  • Cardstock:  Pumpkin Pie, Early Espresso, Vellum, Whisper White
  • Accessories:  Small Butterfly Punch, Glue Dots, Baker’s Twine, Label Framelits, Scallop Border Punch, Brights Buttons

Challenge Card for CASE Study, CAS(E) This Sketch and StampNation

Did you enjoy this tutorial? Click here to download the PDF for safe-keeping!

• Kristie April 18, 2013, 2:45 pm

LOVE this Catherine! Great take on all the challenges. The rainbow of circles are fun. :)

• Jocelyn Turner April 18, 2013, 7:42 pm

What an awesome card for so many occasions. Many thanks Catherine for your generosity in sharing your talent xx

• Mynnette :) April 18, 2013, 10:47 pm

This is gorgeous! LOVE the CAS feel and your mixed stamp sentiment is fabulous! :)

• C.J. April 19, 2013, 1:49 am

I love this card!! It so lovely and colorful

• Barbara April 19, 2013, 6:18 am

Hi Catherine how interesting you made your card-:)so many tips will certainly use this technique Thanks-:) Barbara

• Beverley April 19, 2013, 1:51 pm

Awesome combination of challenges & has resulted in FABulous creations.

• Ardyth April 19, 2013, 4:10 pm

So fun and bubbly! Thanks so much for playing along with us at CAS(E) This Sketch this week!

• Jeanne J April 19, 2013, 10:21 pm

Really enjoyed your tutorial video – glad to see you playing at case – great take on JJ – love the window cut and the rainbow of colors you used

• Maddie April 20, 2013, 8:04 am

Wow, love it! So many great ideas here….might try to make a couple with my nieces for mothers day, but with hearts.

• Betty April 20, 2013, 6:56 pm

This card is so cute! I thank you for the explanation on the vellum use too. I have some vellum, but just wasn’t sure how to use it. I love the glitter and button on the butterfly. Thx much for sharing. You are so creative and talented.

• Brandi Hall April 21, 2013, 7:34 am

This is so cute. Love the color combination you used. Thanks so much for playing with us at CAS(E) this Sketch!

• Maureen P April 22, 2013, 11:10 pm

what a delightful card! Way to get out of a rut! I’ll come back later to view the video….we’re watching DWTS right now! LOL So glad you played with us over on CASE STudy this week! I hope you come back!

• Betty K April 24, 2013, 9:46 pm

Just a very clever card Catherine and enjoy the Fiji trip

• Victoria Vegas April 27, 2013, 4:48 am

Oh my gosh this looks clean and classy! I am so doing this! I was tired of using those circles in Asian inspired cards! Fun.

Big Shot Gallery Projects Videos

Interesting Image

hand made thank you card

Wild & Wonderful Product Release and New Ink Colors!

wonderful wildflowers card 2

Wild & Wonderful Product Release Sneak Peek!

5A9EB82A-1746-49E3-81D9-CA7097FB5E93

Layering Border Die Cuts on Hand Made Cards

Multi inking 2

Inking with Multiple Colors on One Stamp

Punctuated Party 25

Four cards with one stamp set! with Celebrate Friends Stamp of Approval

Celebrate

Time to Celebrate with the Stamp of Approval Collection!

I Eat Cake4