Painted Magnolias for the Moxie Fab Tuesday Trigger!

moxie fab painted magnolias 3

It’s been a cool spring here in Raleigh, NC and I started thinking that perhaps we were going to pretty much skip spring and head right into summer (which we sometimes do!).  I think that is exactly what has happened.  It was 87 degrees here yesterday, but I’m still telling myself SPRING!

When I took a peek at the Moxie Fab World blog today I saw their Tuesday Trigger Challenge and it was like a bolt of lightening…I got super excited and started running around the house gathering supplies…well, watch the video…I talk all about it.  (Viewing by email?  click the title to visit my blog)

Here is the Tuesday Trigger…are you inspired?

Magnolias

Now for the video…

moxie fab Painted Magnolias

Stampin’ Up! Supplies:

• Creative Elements Stamp Set, Forever Young Stamp Set
  • Cardstock:  Pink Pirouette, So Saffron, Whisper White
  • Ink:  Daffodil Delight, Pink Pirouette, Early Espresso
  • Accessories:  Labels Framelits, Acrylic Paint, Organdy Ribbon, Essentials Mat Pack, Paper Piercing tool, Piercing Mat, Artisan Embellishments Kit, Dimensionals, Rhinestones

moxie fab painted magnolias 2

Thank you for visiting today!  If you haven’t signed up for my newsletter yet, please do.   You can find the box for your name and email address in the top of the sidebar.  Not only will you get weekly inspirational emails, but you will also get my video series:

The top 10 things every stamper needs to know!

View the first video in the series, which starts with how to tie a flat bow, here!

See you again Tuesday…I’ll share more projects and fun from the StampNation LIVE! Retreat!

• Kristie April 11, 2013, 1:14 pm

This tree looks exactly like the trees I saw in NC! Unfortunately, not like the ones up here, we still have bare trees. I love how you were inspired to use your paints. So cool! TFS!!!

• Linda Wilkinson April 11, 2013, 1:27 pm

Another great card!!!! love it and I would not add any sponging to the main image it looks great as is thank you for the great springtime card!!!

• leila April 11, 2013, 2:08 pm

hello Catherine, i love your handmade cards soooo much, and i like the technique that you ‘ve just done, for me i would use the same way but only on one layer of a white card stock.

• Carolina April 11, 2013, 2:45 pm

Very cute card. Love the color you used very spring. Here in Southern California a windy day 72 degrees. Thank you for sharing this video.

• diane April 11, 2013, 5:25 pm

And here it is snowing in Saskatchewan today.

• tink April 11, 2013, 5:35 pm

I love what you did with this stamp set. The card is beautiful. I would not change a thing about it. The colors are lovely too.

• Sharon Salerno April 11, 2013, 5:47 pm

Beautiful card. Loved the process! It isn’t spring here either Monday we were in the 20’s today it made 50.

• Kimie April 11, 2013, 7:24 pm

I love the Tuesday Trigger photo and your card! Absolutely gorgeous. I never would have thought of using paints to color the tree. Great ideer! I love the look of the rhinestone on the button too! We have had 80s here since I returned from the retreat. Too hot! TFS! :)

• Maddie April 13, 2013, 1:39 am

Love this card! Very inspiring- wouldn’t change a thing!

• Karen D April 13, 2013, 9:39 pm

I love the colors you have used. A perfect combination of elements.

• Cath April 14, 2013, 11:31 am

Hey Catherine! Thanks for linking this up to this week’s Tuesday Trigger in the Moxie Fab World! I’m so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

• Regina April 17, 2013, 1:55 pm

Very cute! The little paint blossoms take me back to spring days in Japan – love springtime! Here in Southern California it has been in the high 60’s with lots of wind.
    Love the steps & techniques you used on your card — I like that you sponged the base & mounting layer, and I, too, would have left that focal layer clean.
    TFS!

• Barbara Phillps April 17, 2013, 7:24 pm

Love love love the paint idea. Wow you’ve got my mind just spinning. TFS.

• Mary Ann Huntington April 17, 2013, 10:02 pm

That is such a beautiful card. I just got that stamp set and can hardly wait to make this card. Thank you for sharing your talent.

• Ellen Hinds April 18, 2013, 11:14 am

Catherine, This card is so amazing. You are so talented. I love your video.
    I love the idea of painting with a tooth pick.
    The card is so sweet. I love the piercing and the sponging. Thank you for sharing your talent with all of us. Happy Stamping. Ellen

• Fran April 18, 2013, 12:59 pm

Love the card! What a great idea using the paint and toothpick. I have to try that one. Wheels are turning…that’s what I love about you!

• Kaye Burke May 14, 2013, 1:19 am

I love the tree stamp.
    By the way, Australia is now getting colder. June is the beginning of Winter.
    Time to stay home in the warm and do some stamped cards.

Projects Techniques Videos

CPBog

Simply Stamped with Maureen Merritt

Gelatos Backgrounds

Gelato Backgrounds and Stamping

DSC00500

Happy Anniversary card with Lydia Evans

summermasterclassseries_blogsized

Masterclasses coming to StampNation!

Screen Shot 2017-06-09 at 11.55.54 AM

We have WINNERS! Stamp of Approval

Naturally Inspired Stamp of Approval Emboss Resist

Naturally Inspired Stamp of Approval Blog Hop Day 3: Emboss Resist Card

Naturally Inspired Stamp of Approval 2

Naturally Inspired Stamp of Approval Blog Hop Day 2: Stamped and Die Cut Card

Masculine Card with Stamp of Approval 2

Naturally Inspired Stamp of Approval Blog Hop Day 1: Masculine Card

Birds of a Feather 2

Naturally Inspired Stamp of Approval – Birds of a Feather

The best is yet to come 2

Product Reveal Day #2: Naturally Inspired SOA

Laughter is the best medicine

Product Reveal Day #1: Naturally Inspired SOA

Simply the Best 2

Early Preview of Stamp of Approval

View More: http://em-grey.pass.us/catherine-pooler-august-2016-em-grey-photography-raleigh-nc

SOA Sneak Peeks and Facebook Live!

SOAGDcollage

Stamp of Approval Guest Design Team!

Happy-Birthday-Cake-Card-by-Taheerah-Atchia-001