KISS Card with Creative Elements Stamp Set

KISS Card with Creative Elements Stamp Set

Take this tutorial with you! Click here to download the PDF.

It’s time for another KISS Card!

Keep It Simple Stamper

This card uses stamping and embossing with your Big Shot for a fun and interesting background.  When you have a background this cool, you don’t really need much more on your card!  Well…unless you really wanted to add a ton more!

Usually when I make these cards, I make four at once…this time I only made one in the interest of time.  I like to keep my videos fairly short for your viewing pleasure.  Once the camera stopped rolling, I continued stamping and used the same exact idea and layout, just changing up the colors and stamps to show you a whole new idea.

When making a card like this, be sure to stamp FIRST, then put your cardstock through the embossing folder.  And, YES!  you can emboss partial pieces of cardstock!

Check out your stamps and inks and see what you can come up with…I bet you’ll have fun and make a great card to give to a friend.

KISS Card with Creative Elements Stamp Set

Enjoy this article? You can take it with you – click here to download the PDF!

Stampin’ Up Supplies:

• Creative Elements Stamp Set, Blooming with Kindness Stamp Set
  • Cardstock:  Real Red, Whisper White
  • Ink:  Real Red, Basic Grey
  • Accessories:  Fancy Fan Embossing Folder, Basic Grey Two Toned Ribbon

KISS Card with Creative Elements Stamp Set

Here’s another sample. This one pairs more earthy colors with some great images from the Summer Silhouettes Stamp Set.  I think this card would look stunning, too if you wanted to stamp the leaves in a dark blue or black, don’t add the flowers and tie some twine.  You could give one like this to a guy!

Stampin’ Up Supplies:

• Summer Silhouettes Stamp Set, Blooming with Kindness Stamp Set
  • Cardstock:  Cajun Craze, Whisper White
  • Ink:  More Mustard, Cajun Craze, Not Quite Navy
  • Accessories:  Honeycomb Embossing Folder, White Organdy Ribbon

KISS Card with Creative Elements Stamp Set

If you like these KISS Cards, you can see them all in one place HERE.

If you like this card and video – save it for later by downloading the PDF tutorial click here!

Happy Stamping

Comments

1. WOWZERS! I love both of these! Perfection!! TFS!!!

2. aaah, thank you so much, Kristie!

3. Love these KISS cards

4. WOW!! Catherine, your card on the video was so simple and elegant. You are a true artist.

5. I love every card you make. These two KISS are ones I plan to CASE because simple cards are my favorite ones.

6. Mary Ellen says:

Great card! How do you fit your embossing folder with the paper sticking out through the Big Shot? Sometimes the folder is small enough to rotate it 90 degrees but it didn’t appear that you did that in this video?

7. Very, Very pretty. I love the octagon embossing folder and wish they would come out with a punch to match it. Or is it hex. Didn’t look that close.

8. I can’t image you with no mojo, but I sure as heck know what you mean about butchering CS and spending way too much time on a card. These cards are adorable! Glad your mojo is back to full speed ahead!!

9. Video sure looked good to me….wouldn’t have guessed you had problems. The card looks great….will definitely give it a try. Thanks.

10. thank you so much for this lovely card !!!

11. Hi there! I’m new to your site, i am subscribed and i get your emails, but todays KISS card I cant seem to find! I clicked on the link but the video does not show up! I love your KISS cards so much! I just hope theres some way that i can see the latest ones!

12. Sharon Salerno says:

The video gets stuck right after it starts. I am on my iPad . Also where do I find the other 3 ideas

13. I love reading everyone’s comments! You all are too fun.

If the video gets stuck, it’s because it’s buffering…I uploaded it in HD. You can view it in a lower quality…just click on the little gear towards the bottom right hand corner of the player and choose a lower quality. Or you can click play, then pause, and let it sit for a while to buffer, then play. Hope that helps!

14. Love your Kiss Cards. I have been following you and watching your video’s for a year. I just signed up to be a Stampin’ Up! demonstrator. Just wanted to let you know you are a great inspiration. Thank you.

15. Loss the cards and the kiss idea.

16. Rosalie Young says:

These cards are so beautiful and look so easy to do. Thanks for sharing them Catherine!

17. Brenda B says:

Love this KISS card using the Creative Elements stamp set. It is one of my favorites.

18. Veronica green says:

Beautiful cards ,,,love the color…I def will try this ones…thanks

19. Love these Catherine – I will surely case them this weekend. Hope all is well.

20. Marcy Wearmouth says:

Catherine I want to thank you so much for all you share on your blog for card making! I’m elderly and am enjoying so much learning from you on- line as it is very difficult for me to get out anymore so cannot go to classes so I really appreciate you and all your talents! Thanks Marcy

21. Hi Catherine!
    Sweetie, you have alot on your plate! Being, the good Mother you are, and good wife to Hubbie……and then your Business’s. I praise you!
    Anywho, I love the “Kiss card”. I love to be able to kiss my cards! HA!
    Loving your site!!!
    God Bless!

22. MichelleP says:

you always make it look so easy, Catherine!

Did I really see you cut through 4 layers of cardstock in that new SU trimmer? If so, then I am now completely sold to the idea that I need to upgrade from the old SU! one which was actually Fiskars,

23. I really like your techniques, and bloopers are fun every once in awhile, too! Nice cards, thanks for the fantastic videos!

24. Lol, Michelle…it was two layers. It’s a great cutter!

25. Love this card. It is so professional. I am looking forward to making it.

26. Lynn Lipchak says:

Clean and simple….the best! Thanks so much.
    LL

27. Lovely cards. I enjoyed your video, wonderful ideas. Thank you so much.

28. Amazing these kiss cards are just something else so elegant but yet so easy or is just when you do lol!!! Love them they are beautiful!

29. Hi Catherine,
    I just luvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv your Kiss Cards….Easy, Easy, Easy

30. Glad I found your blog, love the KISS cards, easy, attractive and fun to make. Think I’m going to CASE this one and make it my own.

31. I too am wondering how you got that 4″ piece of cardstock just partially in the embossing folder without crumpling it after running through the Big Shot? Thanks!