Lacking inspiration for card making?

Patterned Occasions Stampin' Up Birthday Card Making

Hey, friends!  I hope you’ve had a wonderful week!  My littles are out of school for two weeks -it’s that time again!  They have spent the week at gymnastics camp and have had an absolute ball.  I’m sad that this is the last day..for them, AND me!

We will have a great week next week, but this week  I’ve been working hard on some things coming up, including the 300th Video Celebration that begins on Monday at StampNation.

If you haven’t joined yet, now is the perfect time!  Some questions about StampNation that I’ve gotten lately:

Q: I don’t live in the US.  Can I still join?

A: ABSOLUTELY!  We have members from all over the world including the Phillipines, Norway, Malaysia, Japan and 13 other countries…17 in all!

Q: Can I join for just one month?

A: You can!  Choose the monthly option and cancel at anytime…however, you will find that SN is an amazing resource and community and you will probably stay!  We hope you will!

Patterned Occasions Stampin' Up Birthday Card Making

Today’s card features the sweet little cupcake from the Patterned Occasions Stamp Set and the Oh, Hello Stamp Set which I used to stamp on the Label Framelit shape, the Pumpkin Pie circle punch and the Heart Punch.

Patterned Occasions Stampin' Up Birthday Card Making

Stampin’ Up Supplies:

• Patterned Occasions and Oh Hello Stamp Sets
  • Cardstock:  Pumpkin Pie, Tempting Turquiose, Whisper White, Real Red
  • Ink: Pumpkin Pie, Tempting Turquiose, Whisper White, Real Red
  • Accessories:  1-3/8″ Circle Punch, 1-3/4″ Circle Punch, Label Framelit, Floral District DSP, 1/8″ Tafetta Ribbon, Fancy Fan Embossing Folder, Small Heart Punch, Dazzling Diamonds Glitter, 2 Way Glue Pen, Dimensionals, Rhinestones

I think I’m in a GREETING rut.  I’ve been stamping a lot lately and have been staring at my stamps kinda puzzled as to which one to use.

Maybe I need to put in a nice order to refresh my stash.  If you follow me on Facebook, you know I haven’t just been in a rut for greetings, but my mojo was MIA for quite a while this week.  I’m happy to say Mojo has returned.

There has been a lot of talk on SN this week about just that…leave me a comment here and let me know what YOU do when you are lacking inspiration for card making?  I would love to know!

• Karen March 8, 2013, 5:35 pm

When you sit down to start a card, do you start with the color options or choosing a stamp set?

• Linda March 8, 2013, 7:42 pm

Glad you got your Mojo back love the card!!!

• Kristie March 8, 2013, 11:39 pm

Happy your Mojo came back! Your card is awesome! I love it!!!

• Donna Wakefield March 9, 2013, 10:04 am

I have a notebook with pictures of cards on blog that I have printed out in the past. Actually I have quite a few of yours. You always have innovative designs. I slap myself on the head and say “why didn’t I think of that!” Teehee!!

• Kimberly March 9, 2013, 1:25 pm

Oh Catherine, I am in love with these colors!!!! BEEUUUTIFULLLLLLLL!!!!!

• Catherine March 11, 2013, 4:20 pm

I am really enjoying blue and orange lately…

• Jeanne Kent March 13, 2013, 1:53 pm

I’m loving blue and orange lately too! Specifically Tempting Turquoise and Tangering Tango. And for a non-orange loving person for most of my life that’s pretty amazing!

Big Shot Birthday Card Making Gallery Projects

Interesting Image

hand made thank you card

Wild & Wonderful Product Release and New Ink Colors!

wonderful wildflowers card 2

Wild & Wonderful Product Release Sneak Peek!

5A9EB82A-1746-49E3-81D9-CA7097FB5E93

Layering Border Die Cuts on Hand Made Cards

Multi inking 2

Inking with Multiple Colors on One Stamp

Punctuated Party 25

Four cards with one stamp set! with Celebrate Friends Stamp of Approval

Celebrate

Time to Celebrate with the Stamp of Approval Collection!

I Eat Cake4