Vintage Verses – Simple Card Stepped Up!

Vintage Verses Stampin' Up

There is something about orange and blue together that make me happy.  Light blue, to be exact.  And Pool Party and Pumpkin Pie to be even more exact!  It’s fresh and lovely and makes me feel happy.

Well!  Now that I got my feelings out of the way, let’s chat about this card.

It is the same card that I showed you yesterday.  yep, it is!

I just used different colors, different stamps and I tweaked up the design just a bit. Looks like a totally different card, doesn’t it?  I love it!

Vintage Verses Stampin' Up

I started by stamping my verse from the Vintage Verses Stamp Set and the fun swirls from the Elements of Style Stamp Set to accent it and punching it out with the 1-3/4″ Circle Punch.  I used one of the fun circle die cuts from the Delicate Doilies Sizzlet to put behind it.

My 4 x 5-1/4″ piece of Pool Party Cardstock was dry embossed with the Lacy Brocade Embossing Folder and when I used the 1-3/4″ Circle Punch to punch a “window” in the Designer Series Paper, the texture peeking out totally knocks my socks off!

A little stripey Pumpkin Pie DSP on the top and bottom, a piece of ribbon and a flower dyed with the Pumpkin Pie ink pad finish this card off.

Vintage Verses Stampin' Up

There really are many ways that you can use one basic layout…adding different papers, colors, techniques and embellishments.

That is the basic idea of my new program, Definitely Sketches.  Every 14 days, a new PDF is delivered to you with a sketch and 3 different ways to interpret that sketch, inspiring you to use your supplies in ways you may never have thought before!  CLICK HERE for all the details!

If you have signed up and paid for Definitely Sketches already, but did not immediately receive your first tutorial, you missed a step in the process.  E-mail me right away so I can get you hooked up with your subscription!

Stampin’ Up SUpplies:

• Vintage Verses Stamp Set, Elements of Style Stamp Set
  • Ink:  Pool Party, Early Espresso, Pumpkin Pie
  • Cardstock:  Pool Party, Pumpkin Pie, Whisper White
  • Accessories:  Lacy Brocade Embossing folder, 1-3/4″ Circle Punch, Sycamore Street Designer Series Paper, Sycamore Street Buttons and Ribbon, Delicate Doilies Sizzlit

Thanks for visiting today.  I hope you get some time to stamp this weekend!

This card was entered in the challenges at CASology and The Playdate Cafe.

• Kristie March 1, 2013, 8:54 am

Very fun card Catherine! I LOVE the circle cut out and the embossed piece showing through! Perfect!!!

• Ardyth March 1, 2013, 9:32 am

Lots of pretty details in this card – love the cut out circle and all the texture! Thanks so much for playing along with us at CASology this week!

• Sharon J. Jones March 1, 2013, 8:17 pm

What a wonderful job stepping up this card, Catherine! I absolutely love it!! This is definitely one I need to CASE!! You are so talented, gf! ;D

• Judy1223 March 1, 2013, 9:35 pm

Oooh, how pretty! So many lovely elements to your card, I especially love the colors. Thanks for joining us at CASology this week!

• Cathy March 1, 2013, 10:03 pm

Beautifully done – I love the cut out circle!

• Rosemary D March 2, 2013, 10:55 am

what a beautiful card… so many lovely details! thanks for playing along with CASology this week!

• Meghan March 2, 2013, 6:26 pm

Lovely colours on your card Catherine! Great take on the cue card! Glad you joined in on the fun this week at CASology!

• Veronica Z March 6, 2013, 5:33 pm

Wow, this is SUCH a beautiful card! I love your embossing! Thank you for playing along with The Play Date Cafe!

• Catherine March 6, 2013, 11:20 pm

This was a really fun card to make. Glad you all enjoyed it!

Embossing Floral Gallery Projects

RainbowButterflies

Butterfly Rainbow with the Rock and Roll Technique!

View More: http://em-grey.pass.us/catherine-pooler-october-2016-em-grey-photography-raleigh-nc

Best Practices for the Midnight Ink Pad

Alana and Petey

The “Petey” Experience

Spring Sale

More Creativation Favorites

Perfect Banners 7

CP’s Favorite Things from Creativation!

Creativation

Straight from Creativation

Embossing Paste and Stencils 2

Embossing Paste with Stencils with The Perfect Reason SOA

Second Generation Stamping with The Perfect Reason Collection YT

Second Generation (and ombre!) Stamping with The Perfect Reason

CASEing Allison and CP 3

Creating a Clean and Simple Card – CASEing with The Perfect Reason SOA!

This Week at StampNation…

Using Dies as Stencils Catherine Pooler

Using Dies as Stencils with The Perfect Reason SOA

Eva and Catherine Valentine's Day Card 2

The Cutest Video Hop Ever – Valentine’s Day Card by Eva

PerfectReason_Instagram_AvailableNow

The Perfect Reason SOA Winners!

31925642823_b0b86fde71_z

The Perfect Reason SOA is now available!

ProjectGuide