Vintage Verses – Simple Card Stepped Up!

Vintage Verses Stampin' Up

There is something about orange and blue together that make me happy.  Light blue, to be exact.  And Pool Party and Pumpkin Pie to be even more exact!  It’s fresh and lovely and makes me feel happy.

Well!  Now that I got my feelings out of the way, let’s chat about this card.

It is the same card that I showed you yesterday.  yep, it is!

I just used different colors, different stamps and I tweaked up the design just a bit. Looks like a totally different card, doesn’t it?  I love it!

Vintage Verses Stampin' Up

I started by stamping my verse from the Vintage Verses Stamp Set and the fun swirls from the Elements of Style Stamp Set to accent it and punching it out with the 1-3/4″ Circle Punch.  I used one of the fun circle die cuts from the Delicate Doilies Sizzlet to put behind it.

My 4 x 5-1/4″ piece of Pool Party Cardstock was dry embossed with the Lacy Brocade Embossing Folder and when I used the 1-3/4″ Circle Punch to punch a “window” in the Designer Series Paper, the texture peeking out totally knocks my socks off!

A little stripey Pumpkin Pie DSP on the top and bottom, a piece of ribbon and a flower dyed with the Pumpkin Pie ink pad finish this card off.

Vintage Verses Stampin' Up

There really are many ways that you can use one basic layout…adding different papers, colors, techniques and embellishments.

That is the basic idea of my new program, Definitely Sketches.  Every 14 days, a new PDF is delivered to you with a sketch and 3 different ways to interpret that sketch, inspiring you to use your supplies in ways you may never have thought before!  CLICK HERE for all the details!

If you have signed up and paid for Definitely Sketches already, but did not immediately receive your first tutorial, you missed a step in the process.  E-mail me right away so I can get you hooked up with your subscription!

Stampin’ Up SUpplies:

• Vintage Verses Stamp Set, Elements of Style Stamp Set
  • Ink:  Pool Party, Early Espresso, Pumpkin Pie
  • Cardstock:  Pool Party, Pumpkin Pie, Whisper White
  • Accessories:  Lacy Brocade Embossing folder, 1-3/4″ Circle Punch, Sycamore Street Designer Series Paper, Sycamore Street Buttons and Ribbon, Delicate Doilies Sizzlit

Thanks for visiting today.  I hope you get some time to stamp this weekend!

This card was entered in the challenges at CASology and The Playdate Cafe.

• Kristie March 1, 2013, 8:54 am

Very fun card Catherine! I LOVE the circle cut out and the embossed piece showing through! Perfect!!!

• Ardyth March 1, 2013, 9:32 am

Lots of pretty details in this card – love the cut out circle and all the texture! Thanks so much for playing along with us at CASology this week!

• Sharon J. Jones March 1, 2013, 8:17 pm

What a wonderful job stepping up this card, Catherine! I absolutely love it!! This is definitely one I need to CASE!! You are so talented, gf! ;D

• Judy1223 March 1, 2013, 9:35 pm

Oooh, how pretty! So many lovely elements to your card, I especially love the colors. Thanks for joining us at CASology this week!

• Cathy March 1, 2013, 10:03 pm

Beautifully done – I love the cut out circle!

• Rosemary D March 2, 2013, 10:55 am

what a beautiful card… so many lovely details! thanks for playing along with CASology this week!

• Meghan March 2, 2013, 6:26 pm

Lovely colours on your card Catherine! Great take on the cue card! Glad you joined in on the fun this week at CASology!

• Veronica Z March 6, 2013, 5:33 pm

Wow, this is SUCH a beautiful card! I love your embossing! Thank you for playing along with The Play Date Cafe!

• Catherine March 6, 2013, 11:20 pm

This was a really fun card to make. Glad you all enjoyed it!

Embossing Floral Gallery Projects

winners

Winners for the Stamp of Approval Blog Hops!

Counting Blessings Fallen Leaves1

Counting Blessings Stamp of Approval Blog Hop Day 3: Stencil and Watercolored Backgrounds

Fallen Leaves 4

Counting Blessings Stamp of Approval Blog Hop Day 2: Fallen Leaves

Bloomin' Bouquet 1.1

Counting Blessings Stamp of Approval Blog Hop Day 1: Bloomin’ Bouquet

Counting Blessings Thankful

Counting Blessings – Grateful, Thankful, Blessed

Counting Blessings Until Further Notice

Counting Blessings – Stenciling with Multiple Colors

Counting Blessings Faux Bleaching

Counting Blessings Stamp of Approval – Faux Bleaching

CountingBlesings_BlogFBComingSoon

A Quick Card and a peek at the Counting Blessings Stamp of Approval Collection!

IngridCU-CP-FP-2b

The Perfect Pear with Ingrid Blackburn

Chrissie_Pineapple

Masked Mod Flower Stencil with Chrissie Tobas

ECShow_Instagram

Enchanted Cottage, here I come!

Floral Background KISS Cards_3

Floral Background: KISS Cards

citrushello

Summer Citrus with Melissa Miller

Mod Flower Watercolor Card 2

Using Stencils as Stamps – Brick Wall with Graffiti Style Sentiments

How to reink youtube

How to Reink your Ink Pads- sounds easy, but you’ll want these tips!

pineapplethanks