I am soooo ON IT! or maybe not…

Valentine's Crafts for Kids On Monday night  I noticed it was February 11.

3 days til Valentine’s Day.

Then I realized that I have a couple of small kiddos at home that maybe need to pass out some Valentine treats to their classmates at school.

Then I realized that I only had Tuesday night and Wednesday night to pull this off.

Then I panicked.

I am not even CLOSE to being ON it.  If I weren’t a crafty  mom, I could just go out and buy some stuff for the kids to give out at school.  Right?  But nooooo…I am crafty and my kids expect more from me.  Drabnabit!

I guess I like to be crafty on MY terms…when I want to be….oh, well…we had fun and this is what we came up with.

Valentines Crafts for Kids

Ok..so off to the store I went.  The kids wanted Skittles…easy enough!  But how am I going to craft that up, quickly and totally cute?

It was easy…really…I cut DSP to 2-3/4 x 7, folded up the bottom about 3/4 of an inch.  Slid the Skittles package into the fold and gave it a staple.

I folded the rest of the DSP around the Skittles and tucked it inside the flap that was made by the stapled bottom.  Viola!  A matchbook candy treat!

A Heart Punch for Eva to write To and From on and we were done…so I thought…but I have an overachieving daughter and she wanted to do more.

Luckily, the More Amore Designer Paper has these fun doily hearts that was just the finishing touch that Eva was looking for.

Here they are and we still have an hour to spare!

Valentines Crafts for Kids

All we used was:

• More Amore DSP
  • Heart Punch
  • Pink Cardstock

I think Alana is getting too old for this stuff (although, really…we get too old for making Skittles CUTE??) and she simply wrote her name on each package.  boooring….

Since it’s too late for you to get inspiration for THIS Valentine’s Day, maybe you can think of making these for a birthday party or Easter!

Thanks for stopping by today, Happy Valentine’s Day!  I’m off to enjoy my box of Lindor Truffles that I bought for myself while I was out getting the Skittles.  oooooh, YES!

• Kimberly February 13, 2013, 10:01 pm

Oh my, I love this, thank so much for sharing!!! I was cracking up reading your description of the evenings events, enjoy your truffles!!! Yummy!!!

Happy Valentines Day!!!

Kimberly

• Kristie February 14, 2013, 8:34 am

Happy Valentines Day Catherine and family!

Love how you whipped these treats up in no time, they are perfect!! Enjoy those truffles! YUM!!

• Sabine February 14, 2013, 2:24 pm

Happy Valentines Day Catherine and family!

Thanks for sharing this story, you brought quite the smile on my face – excellent :)

• Terri February 14, 2013, 2:37 pm

Boy, that was quick thinking! What a wonderful (and crafty) way to package the Skittles. I’ll bet all the kids just loved them. Thanks for sharing. Have a Happy Valentines Day:-)

• Catherine February 14, 2013, 3:55 pm

Happy Valentine’s Day to YOU, too!

• Kimie February 14, 2013, 11:41 pm

Awww, these are so sweet! I am going to print this out to do next year. I was really not on it this year! Loved your blow-by-blow description of how these Valentines came to be. I LOVE Lindor Truffles. I hope you enjoyed them. :) TFS!

Gallery Seasonal Valentine's Day

RainbowButterflies

Butterfly Rainbow with the Rock and Roll Technique!

View More: http://em-grey.pass.us/catherine-pooler-october-2016-em-grey-photography-raleigh-nc

Best Practices for the Midnight Ink Pad

Alana and Petey

The “Petey” Experience

Spring Sale

More Creativation Favorites

Perfect Banners 7

CP’s Favorite Things from Creativation!

Creativation

Straight from Creativation

Embossing Paste and Stencils 2

Embossing Paste with Stencils with The Perfect Reason SOA

Second Generation Stamping with The Perfect Reason Collection YT

Second Generation (and ombre!) Stamping with The Perfect Reason

CASEing Allison and CP 3

Creating a Clean and Simple Card – CASEing with The Perfect Reason SOA!

This Week at StampNation…

Using Dies as Stencils Catherine Pooler

Using Dies as Stencils with The Perfect Reason SOA

Eva and Catherine Valentine's Day Card 2

The Cutest Video Hop Ever – Valentine’s Day Card by Eva

PerfectReason_Instagram_AvailableNow

The Perfect Reason SOA Winners!

31925642823_b0b86fde71_z

The Perfect Reason SOA is now available!

ProjectGuide