I am soooo ON IT! or maybe not…

Valentine's Crafts for Kids On Monday night  I noticed it was February 11.

3 days til Valentine’s Day.

Then I realized that I have a couple of small kiddos at home that maybe need to pass out some Valentine treats to their classmates at school.

Then I realized that I only had Tuesday night and Wednesday night to pull this off.

Then I panicked.

I am not even CLOSE to being ON it.  If I weren’t a crafty  mom, I could just go out and buy some stuff for the kids to give out at school.  Right?  But nooooo…I am crafty and my kids expect more from me.  Drabnabit!

I guess I like to be crafty on MY terms…when I want to be….oh, well…we had fun and this is what we came up with.

Valentines Crafts for Kids

Ok..so off to the store I went.  The kids wanted Skittles…easy enough!  But how am I going to craft that up, quickly and totally cute?

It was easy…really…I cut DSP to 2-3/4 x 7, folded up the bottom about 3/4 of an inch.  Slid the Skittles package into the fold and gave it a staple.

I folded the rest of the DSP around the Skittles and tucked it inside the flap that was made by the stapled bottom.  Viola!  A matchbook candy treat!

A Heart Punch for Eva to write To and From on and we were done…so I thought…but I have an overachieving daughter and she wanted to do more.

Luckily, the More Amore Designer Paper has these fun doily hearts that was just the finishing touch that Eva was looking for.

Here they are and we still have an hour to spare!

Valentines Crafts for Kids

All we used was:

• More Amore DSP
  • Heart Punch
  • Pink Cardstock

I think Alana is getting too old for this stuff (although, really…we get too old for making Skittles CUTE??) and she simply wrote her name on each package.  boooring….

Since it’s too late for you to get inspiration for THIS Valentine’s Day, maybe you can think of making these for a birthday party or Easter!

Thanks for stopping by today, Happy Valentine’s Day!  I’m off to enjoy my box of Lindor Truffles that I bought for myself while I was out getting the Skittles.  oooooh, YES!

• Kimberly February 13, 2013, 10:01 pm

Oh my, I love this, thank so much for sharing!!! I was cracking up reading your description of the evenings events, enjoy your truffles!!! Yummy!!!

Happy Valentines Day!!!

Kimberly

• Kristie February 14, 2013, 8:34 am

Happy Valentines Day Catherine and family!

Love how you whipped these treats up in no time, they are perfect!! Enjoy those truffles! YUM!!

• Sabine February 14, 2013, 2:24 pm

Happy Valentines Day Catherine and family!

Thanks for sharing this story, you brought quite the smile on my face – excellent :)

• Terri February 14, 2013, 2:37 pm

Boy, that was quick thinking! What a wonderful (and crafty) way to package the Skittles. I’ll bet all the kids just loved them. Thanks for sharing. Have a Happy Valentines Day:-)

• Catherine February 14, 2013, 3:55 pm

Happy Valentine’s Day to YOU, too!

• Kimie February 14, 2013, 11:41 pm

Awww, these are so sweet! I am going to print this out to do next year. I was really not on it this year! Loved your blow-by-blow description of how these Valentines came to be. I LOVE Lindor Truffles. I hope you enjoyed them. :) TFS!

Gallery Seasonal Valentine's Day

Interesting Image

Background Stamping with Ilina Crouse

Heather

Handstamped Background with Heather North

SOA Love 001ADJ copy.jpg2

Masked Floral Frame with Lisa Harrolle

The World Awaits cardjpg

To the Ends of the Earth with Kelly Martin

BCSD CFS

Learn, Share and Do

SOA_LITA_Facebook-Sidebar_Available-Now

Winners and Birthday Card Bash!

KBaker_JanSoA_3

Sending Love with Karen Baker with Love is in the Air SOA

Screen Shot 2018-01-10 at 11.19.15 AM

Season’s Giving Blog Hop WINNER!

LITA Love You Clean and Simple

Stamp of Approval Love is in the Air Blog Hop Day 3

LITA Happiness Enclosed

Stamp of Approval Love is in the Air Blog Hop Day 2

SOA_LITA_Blog_Comment-To-Win

Stamp of Approval Love is in the Air Blog Hop Day 1: Emboss Resist and Inlaid Die Cutting Technique

LITA Bon VOyage 3

Love is in the Air Stamp of Approval Collection – Product Reveal Day #3

LITA Watercolored Love

Stamp of Approval Love is in the Air Collection – Product Reveal Day #2

LITA Rock and Rolled

Stamp of Approval Collection Product Reveals!

Love is in the Air with Sunburst