I am soooo ON IT! or maybe not…

Valentine's Crafts for Kids On Monday night  I noticed it was February 11.

3 days til Valentine’s Day.

Then I realized that I have a couple of small kiddos at home that maybe need to pass out some Valentine treats to their classmates at school.

Then I realized that I only had Tuesday night and Wednesday night to pull this off.

Then I panicked.

I am not even CLOSE to being ON it.  If I weren’t a crafty  mom, I could just go out and buy some stuff for the kids to give out at school.  Right?  But nooooo…I am crafty and my kids expect more from me.  Drabnabit!

I guess I like to be crafty on MY terms…when I want to be….oh, well…we had fun and this is what we came up with.

Valentines Crafts for Kids

Ok..so off to the store I went.  The kids wanted Skittles…easy enough!  But how am I going to craft that up, quickly and totally cute?

It was easy…really…I cut DSP to 2-3/4 x 7, folded up the bottom about 3/4 of an inch.  Slid the Skittles package into the fold and gave it a staple.

I folded the rest of the DSP around the Skittles and tucked it inside the flap that was made by the stapled bottom.  Viola!  A matchbook candy treat!

A Heart Punch for Eva to write To and From on and we were done…so I thought…but I have an overachieving daughter and she wanted to do more.

Luckily, the More Amore Designer Paper has these fun doily hearts that was just the finishing touch that Eva was looking for.

Here they are and we still have an hour to spare!

Valentines Crafts for Kids

All we used was:

• More Amore DSP
  • Heart Punch
  • Pink Cardstock

I think Alana is getting too old for this stuff (although, really…we get too old for making Skittles CUTE??) and she simply wrote her name on each package.  boooring….

Since it’s too late for you to get inspiration for THIS Valentine’s Day, maybe you can think of making these for a birthday party or Easter!

Thanks for stopping by today, Happy Valentine’s Day!  I’m off to enjoy my box of Lindor Truffles that I bought for myself while I was out getting the Skittles.  oooooh, YES!

• Kimberly February 13, 2013, 10:01 pm

Oh my, I love this, thank so much for sharing!!! I was cracking up reading your description of the evenings events, enjoy your truffles!!! Yummy!!!

Happy Valentines Day!!!

Kimberly

• Kristie February 14, 2013, 8:34 am

Happy Valentines Day Catherine and family!

Love how you whipped these treats up in no time, they are perfect!! Enjoy those truffles! YUM!!

• Sabine February 14, 2013, 2:24 pm

Happy Valentines Day Catherine and family!

Thanks for sharing this story, you brought quite the smile on my face – excellent :)

• Terri February 14, 2013, 2:37 pm

Boy, that was quick thinking! What a wonderful (and crafty) way to package the Skittles. I’ll bet all the kids just loved them. Thanks for sharing. Have a Happy Valentines Day:-)

• Catherine February 14, 2013, 3:55 pm

Happy Valentine’s Day to YOU, too!

• Kimie February 14, 2013, 11:41 pm

Awww, these are so sweet! I am going to print this out to do next year. I was really not on it this year! Loved your blow-by-blow description of how these Valentines came to be. I LOVE Lindor Truffles. I hope you enjoyed them. :) TFS!

Gallery Seasonal Valentine's Day

Kristieswoop

White and Black Popped Sentiment Focal Point with Kristie Goulet

Stamp of Approval Project guide

Who’s looking for inspiration?

Winterhaven-Stamp-of-Approval-Joy-Wreath-Feature-Image

Pink Snowflake Joy and WINNERS!

SOA Winterhaven Joy Chalkboard 2

Blog Hop Day 3: Chalkboard Holiday Cards and Watercolored Wreath

SOA Winterhaven Joy wreath 2

Blog Hop Day 2: Tis the Season Wreath Card and Faux Metal Accents

SOA Winterhaven Tags 2

Winterhaven Stamp of Approval Collection Blog Hop Day 1: Good Stuff Tags

SOA Winterhaven carolers 2

Winterhaven Stamp of Approval Preview Day 2: Here We Come A-Caroling

SOA Winterhaven Watercolor Poinsettia

Winterhaven Stamp of Approval Preview Day 1: Tis the Season and Here We Come A Caroling Stamp Sets

View More: http://em-grey.pass.us/catherine-pooler-august-2016-em-grey-photography-raleigh-nc

Card Making Goodness is out of control! (in a very, very good way)

wcmd2017_blogfb (1)

World Card Making Day Sponsors

WCMDcollage

Our World Card Making Day Weekend begins on Friday!

Multi-Step Stamping and Angled Card Front 4

Multi-Step Stamping, Tone on Tone Stenciling and Angled Card Fronts

SOA-CPBlogPost

Clean & Graphic Leaf Motifs with Maureen

Congrats with Arjita Singh

Creating a Winter Sunset Scene

Creating a Winter Sunset Scene Tutorial at StampNation

Hello Clean and Simple

Fun and Fabulous Items Coming to the Shop!