KISS Cards Simple Cards to Make: Christmas Card Tutorial

Hey, friends!  It’s been a while since I’ve done one of my KISS Cards (Keep It Simple Stamper!) and I do believe it’s high time!  How ’bout you?  Usually I do a video for these, but with my young-uns hangin’ around here lately, it’s not always easy to film.  So, how about some pictures and words to walk you though this?

I don’t often make more than one of the same card…but truly as long as you are making one, you might as well make 4, right?  If you do it the “right” way,  it’s easy!  Assembly line is the way to go here, ladies!

First, I started with the piece of cardstock I was going to stamp my main image on.

This is 3-1/4 x 4-1/4.  I cut them all at once, then stamped them all at once.

Bam, bam, bam, bam.  Done!

I cut my Designer Series Paper to 2″ x 3-1/2.  I took a piece of Cherry Cobbler Cardstock (11 x 2″), ran it through  my Big Shot with my Tasteful Trim Die, then adhered the strip to my DSP, trimmed off the excess, and continued on.

In true assembly line fashion, you will want to lay your DSP pieces in a row, add adhesive: boom, boom, boom, boom, DONE!

Then adhere the DSP to the Very Vanilla stamped piece.  Adhere an Early Espresso layer (1/4″ larger, so it was 4-3/4 x 3-1/2″) to the Very Vanilla layer.

I used my 2 Way Glue Pen on all four pieces, dumped on my glitter and tapped it off.

On go the dimensionals.

Attach this to an 11 x 4-1/4 piece of Very Vanilla Cardstock and you are DONE!  It really can be that quick and easy to make a bunch of great cards at once.  Wouldn’t you brighten someone’s day with this card?

Now if you have already made all your holiday cards, this card would still be perfect for THANK YOU NOTES!

Stampin’ Up Supplies:

• Warm Winter Wishes Stamp Set
  • Cardstock:  Early Espresso, Cherry Cobbler, Very Vanilla
  • Ink:  Early Espresso
  • Accessories:  Tasteful Trim Die, Dazzling Diamonds Glitter, 2 Way Glue Pen, Candlelight Christmas Designer Series Paper

I hope you liked this tutorial today!  I have another one coming up for you next week that I used as a Christmas card, but it will be absolutely perfect as a thank you card…you know you are going to need those in a few days!

The holiday countdown is ON!  There is only one more issue of the 12 Weeks of Christmas.  If you are not subscribed, be sure to put your deets in the box at the top of the sidebar.  Once Christmas is over, the inspiration will NOT stop!

Happy Stamping everyone!

• Kristie December 15, 2012, 5:24 pm

LOVE these KISS cards and your written tutorial is great! Not used to seeing this from you but totally understand with your kiddos home. :) Thanks for sharing!

• Catherine December 17, 2012, 3:18 pm

Glad you like it, Kristie!
    Thanks for visiting!

• Kimie December 22, 2012, 9:48 am

I love this card and tutorial! Like Kristie, I understand the written tutorial as opposed to a video and this is actually a little easier to refer back to or print out for me. :) TFS!

• Di September 17, 2013, 6:07 am

I love this tutorial, (as I love all your tutorials) and look forward to them arriving in my in box

• Jane September 17, 2013, 6:44 pm

Great card Catherine after I get this washing hung out I am off to the craft room now that you have inspired me !

• Audrey September 19, 2013, 5:02 am

What a lovely card must try this thank you very much

Christmas Gallery KISS Cards Projects

Stamp of Approval Project guide

Who’s looking for inspiration?

Winterhaven-Stamp-of-Approval-Joy-Wreath-Feature-Image

Pink Snowflake Joy and WINNERS!

SOA Winterhaven Joy Chalkboard 2

Blog Hop Day 3: Chalkboard Holiday Cards and Watercolored Wreath

SOA Winterhaven Joy wreath 2

Blog Hop Day 2: Tis the Season Wreath Card and Faux Metal Accents

SOA Winterhaven Tags 2

Winterhaven Stamp of Approval Collection Blog Hop Day 1: Good Stuff Tags

SOA Winterhaven carolers 2

Winterhaven Stamp of Approval Preview Day 2: Here We Come A-Caroling

SOA Winterhaven Watercolor Poinsettia

Winterhaven Stamp of Approval Preview Day 1: Tis the Season and Here We Come A Caroling Stamp Sets

View More: http://em-grey.pass.us/catherine-pooler-august-2016-em-grey-photography-raleigh-nc

Card Making Goodness is out of control! (in a very, very good way)

wcmd2017_blogfb (1)

World Card Making Day Sponsors

WCMDcollage

Our World Card Making Day Weekend begins on Friday!

Multi-Step Stamping and Angled Card Front 4

Multi-Step Stamping, Tone on Tone Stenciling and Angled Card Fronts

SOA-CPBlogPost

Clean & Graphic Leaf Motifs with Maureen

Congrats with Arjita Singh

Creating a Winter Sunset Scene

Creating a Winter Sunset Scene Tutorial at StampNation

Hello Clean and Simple

Fun and Fabulous Items Coming to the Shop!

Soft Stenciling with Heather