KISS Cards Simple Cards to Make: Christmas Card Tutorial

Hey, friends!  It’s been a while since I’ve done one of my KISS Cards (Keep It Simple Stamper!) and I do believe it’s high time!  How ’bout you?  Usually I do a video for these, but with my young-uns hangin’ around here lately, it’s not always easy to film.  So, how about some pictures and words to walk you though this?

I don’t often make more than one of the same card…but truly as long as you are making one, you might as well make 4, right?  If you do it the “right” way,  it’s easy!  Assembly line is the way to go here, ladies!

First, I started with the piece of cardstock I was going to stamp my main image on.

This is 3-1/4 x 4-1/4.  I cut them all at once, then stamped them all at once.

Bam, bam, bam, bam.  Done!

I cut my Designer Series Paper to 2″ x 3-1/2.  I took a piece of Cherry Cobbler Cardstock (11 x 2″), ran it through  my Big Shot with my Tasteful Trim Die, then adhered the strip to my DSP, trimmed off the excess, and continued on.

In true assembly line fashion, you will want to lay your DSP pieces in a row, add adhesive: boom, boom, boom, boom, DONE!

Then adhere the DSP to the Very Vanilla stamped piece.  Adhere an Early Espresso layer (1/4″ larger, so it was 4-3/4 x 3-1/2″) to the Very Vanilla layer.

I used my 2 Way Glue Pen on all four pieces, dumped on my glitter and tapped it off.

On go the dimensionals.

Attach this to an 11 x 4-1/4 piece of Very Vanilla Cardstock and you are DONE!  It really can be that quick and easy to make a bunch of great cards at once.  Wouldn’t you brighten someone’s day with this card?

Now if you have already made all your holiday cards, this card would still be perfect for THANK YOU NOTES!

Stampin’ Up Supplies:

• Warm Winter Wishes Stamp Set
  • Cardstock:  Early Espresso, Cherry Cobbler, Very Vanilla
  • Ink:  Early Espresso
  • Accessories:  Tasteful Trim Die, Dazzling Diamonds Glitter, 2 Way Glue Pen, Candlelight Christmas Designer Series Paper

I hope you liked this tutorial today!  I have another one coming up for you next week that I used as a Christmas card, but it will be absolutely perfect as a thank you card…you know you are going to need those in a few days!

The holiday countdown is ON!  There is only one more issue of the 12 Weeks of Christmas.  If you are not subscribed, be sure to put your deets in the box at the top of the sidebar.  Once Christmas is over, the inspiration will NOT stop!

Happy Stamping everyone!

• Kristie December 15, 2012, 5:24 pm

LOVE these KISS cards and your written tutorial is great! Not used to seeing this from you but totally understand with your kiddos home. :) Thanks for sharing!

• Catherine December 17, 2012, 3:18 pm

Glad you like it, Kristie!
    Thanks for visiting!

• Kimie December 22, 2012, 9:48 am

I love this card and tutorial! Like Kristie, I understand the written tutorial as opposed to a video and this is actually a little easier to refer back to or print out for me. :) TFS!

• Di September 17, 2013, 6:07 am

I love this tutorial, (as I love all your tutorials) and look forward to them arriving in my in box

• Jane September 17, 2013, 6:44 pm

Great card Catherine after I get this washing hung out I am off to the craft room now that you have inspired me !

• Audrey September 19, 2013, 5:02 am

What a lovely card must try this thank you very much

Christmas Gallery KISS Cards Projects

Party Collection: Spring Fling Release Blog Hop

MelonIce

Welcome Melon Ice! and a Father’s Day Card

MinttoBe

Ink Color #8 Clue and Welcome Mint to Be!

ItsABoy

Ink Color #7 Clue and Welcome It’s a Boy!

Happy Easter!

Happy Easter and a look at the Spring Fling products!

Pixie Dust 4

Ink Color #6 Clue and Welcome Pixie Dust!

It's a Girl2

Ink Color #5 Clue and Welcome It’s a Girl!

IAGTPhoto_1

Ink Color #4 Clue and Welcome Sweet Sixteen!

Garden Party 2

Ink Color #3 Clue and welcome Garden Party

GPartyTeasePhoto_2

Ink Color #2 clue and Welcome Bellini!

TeasePhoto_3

Ink Color Guessing Begins!

Sharing Collage 2

Tomorrow is a big day!

Sponged, Sprayed and Embossed

Sponged, Sprayed and Glitter Embossed

Glass Bead Glitter Gel and Brusho

Glass Bead Glitter Gel, Brusho and Stencils!

Double Points!

Celebrate the weekend with DOUBLE points!

We Moved!