KISS Cards Simple Cards to Make: Christmas Card Tutorial

Hey, friends!  It’s been a while since I’ve done one of my KISS Cards (Keep It Simple Stamper!) and I do believe it’s high time!  How ’bout you?  Usually I do a video for these, but with my young-uns hangin’ around here lately, it’s not always easy to film.  So, how about some pictures and words to walk you though this?

I don’t often make more than one of the same card…but truly as long as you are making one, you might as well make 4, right?  If you do it the “right” way,  it’s easy!  Assembly line is the way to go here, ladies!

First, I started with the piece of cardstock I was going to stamp my main image on.

This is 3-1/4 x 4-1/4.  I cut them all at once, then stamped them all at once.

Bam, bam, bam, bam.  Done!

I cut my Designer Series Paper to 2″ x 3-1/2.  I took a piece of Cherry Cobbler Cardstock (11 x 2″), ran it through  my Big Shot with my Tasteful Trim Die, then adhered the strip to my DSP, trimmed off the excess, and continued on.

In true assembly line fashion, you will want to lay your DSP pieces in a row, add adhesive: boom, boom, boom, boom, DONE!

Then adhere the DSP to the Very Vanilla stamped piece.  Adhere an Early Espresso layer (1/4″ larger, so it was 4-3/4 x 3-1/2″) to the Very Vanilla layer.

I used my 2 Way Glue Pen on all four pieces, dumped on my glitter and tapped it off.

On go the dimensionals.

Attach this to an 11 x 4-1/4 piece of Very Vanilla Cardstock and you are DONE!  It really can be that quick and easy to make a bunch of great cards at once.  Wouldn’t you brighten someone’s day with this card?

Now if you have already made all your holiday cards, this card would still be perfect for THANK YOU NOTES!

Stampin’ Up Supplies:

• Warm Winter Wishes Stamp Set
  • Cardstock:  Early Espresso, Cherry Cobbler, Very Vanilla
  • Ink:  Early Espresso
  • Accessories:  Tasteful Trim Die, Dazzling Diamonds Glitter, 2 Way Glue Pen, Candlelight Christmas Designer Series Paper

I hope you liked this tutorial today!  I have another one coming up for you next week that I used as a Christmas card, but it will be absolutely perfect as a thank you card…you know you are going to need those in a few days!

The holiday countdown is ON!  There is only one more issue of the 12 Weeks of Christmas.  If you are not subscribed, be sure to put your deets in the box at the top of the sidebar.  Once Christmas is over, the inspiration will NOT stop!

Happy Stamping everyone!

• Kristie December 15, 2012, 5:24 pm

LOVE these KISS cards and your written tutorial is great! Not used to seeing this from you but totally understand with your kiddos home. :) Thanks for sharing!

• Catherine December 17, 2012, 3:18 pm

Glad you like it, Kristie!
    Thanks for visiting!

• Kimie December 22, 2012, 9:48 am

I love this card and tutorial! Like Kristie, I understand the written tutorial as opposed to a video and this is actually a little easier to refer back to or print out for me. :) TFS!

• Di September 17, 2013, 6:07 am

I love this tutorial, (as I love all your tutorials) and look forward to them arriving in my in box

• Jane September 17, 2013, 6:44 pm

Great card Catherine after I get this washing hung out I am off to the craft room now that you have inspired me !

• Audrey September 19, 2013, 5:02 am

What a lovely card must try this thank you very much

Christmas Gallery KISS Cards Projects

CPBog

Simply Stamped with Maureen Merritt

Gelatos Backgrounds

Gelato Backgrounds and Stamping

DSC00500

Happy Anniversary card with Lydia Evans

summermasterclassseries_blogsized

Masterclasses coming to StampNation!

Screen Shot 2017-06-09 at 11.55.54 AM

We have WINNERS! Stamp of Approval

Naturally Inspired Stamp of Approval Emboss Resist

Naturally Inspired Stamp of Approval Blog Hop Day 3: Emboss Resist Card

Naturally Inspired Stamp of Approval 2

Naturally Inspired Stamp of Approval Blog Hop Day 2: Stamped and Die Cut Card

Masculine Card with Stamp of Approval 2

Naturally Inspired Stamp of Approval Blog Hop Day 1: Masculine Card

Birds of a Feather 2

Naturally Inspired Stamp of Approval – Birds of a Feather

The best is yet to come 2

Product Reveal Day #2: Naturally Inspired SOA

Laughter is the best medicine

Product Reveal Day #1: Naturally Inspired SOA

Simply the Best 2

Early Preview of Stamp of Approval

View More: http://em-grey.pass.us/catherine-pooler-august-2016-em-grey-photography-raleigh-nc

SOA Sneak Peeks and Facebook Live!

SOAGDcollage

Stamp of Approval Guest Design Team!

Happy-Birthday-Cake-Card-by-Taheerah-Atchia-001