Are you ready for Halloween? It’s a hot topic around the Pooler Household right now.
One of my girls in particular has been squaking because she’s not sure what she is going to dress up as. You may know that my mom is a big time seamstress, so she usually sews their costumes. We aren’t talking run of the mill costumes, either.
She’s made some amazing costumes over the years…
- Wizard costume complete with a hand made walking stick with a light up globe at the top of it
- a Soda Shop Girl costume with a serving tray, soda with a straw (velcro-d to the tray and a hand strap so that holding it is a breeze)
- a Martian Costume with a light up skirt and a homemade “bubble helmet”
I could go on…but the point is that after breaking her leg earlier this year, she is behind on projects so she decided there would be no new costumes this year.
Which is fine by me. The costumes that she makes are so amazing, it’s a shame for them to be worn once. So the plan is to pick one and re-wear it. Oh, the horror of it all (according to the kids! or one in particular at least!). LOL!
I may not make amazing Halloween costumes, but I can scare up a great card or two! I was playing around and decided it would be fun to put some bats and a spider web from the Wicked Cool Stamp Set into the jar from the Perfectly Preserved Stamp Set.
Simply stamp your jar on a scrap piece of paper (a post-it note would do well), cut out the inside of the jar, place it over your stamped piece and stamp the bats and web. When you remove the mask, you will have the bats and web IN the jar! Pretty nifty!
What did I use for this card? Just a couple fun things…
Stampin’ Up Supplies:
- Perfectly Preserved Stamp Set, Tiny Tags Stamp Set, Wicked Cool Stamp Set
- Cardstock: Basic Black, Basic Grey, Very Vanilla
- Ink: StazOn Black,
- Accessories: Cannery Set Framelits, Jewelry Tag Punch, Spider Web Embossing Folder, 1/8″ Black Taffeta Ribbon, Howlstooth and & Scaringbone Designer Series Paper
Now be sure to visit my Online Store on Monday! All Stamps will be 15% off! You can’t beat it ladies!!!