Scentsational Season Stampin’ Up Stamps Spinner Card: This One is for Nathan!

Last week I heard a story that really struck a chord with me.  This little boy named Nathan Norman, is battling cancer.  He asked his parents to put up the Christmas tree and they honored his request…in September.   The Norman Family soon began to hear about friends and family putting up their Christmas trees and lights in honor of Nathan.

Next, the Christmas Cards started coming in.

What impacted me, was the joy on this little boy’s face as he looked through his Christmas Cards.

I thought about the lengths Randall and I go through to make our kids happy…and if you are a parent, you know that when your kids are happy, YOU are happy.  I get so much joy out of seeing smiles on my kids’ faces and hearing their giggles and laughs.

So, I decided I’m going to make and send a Christmas Card to Nathan every week for a few weeks, not only to bring joy to HIM, but his parents as well.

Will you join me?

When I thought about what kinds of cards a little boy would like (well, I’m sure he’d like anything!),  but I think he would especially like cards that have moving parts or fancy folds.  So today’s card is a spinning Gingerbread Man.  I hope he likes it!

You can read more about Nathan here.

Here is the address:

Nathan Norman, 81 Dunivan Drive, Rustburg, VA 24588

I did film a video this morning…even got dressed and put on make-up first thing, which is unusual for me on a Monday Morning, especially since it’s dreary and rainy here in Raleigh, NC!

But…I’m still figuring out my new Mac and I can’t figure out how to get the video into iMovie!  Oh em gee…what in the world!  Sounds a bit crazy to me, and if you have a Mac you are probably head slapping yourself at me.

I can see the video when I open iPhoto, but when I open iMovie and browse to my photos, the videos aren’t there!  I have an appointment at the Apple store tomorrow afternoon, so I will figure it out then.  Be sure to check back, I will post the video later in the week.

Stampin’ Up Supplies:

• Scentsational Season Stamp Set (WM: 121026, CM: 121190)
  • Cardstock:  Very Vanilla, Cherry Cobbler
  • Ink:  Early Espresso
  • Accessories:  127814 Holiday Collection Framelits, 2-1/2" Circle Punch, Circle Scissors Plus (I cut a 4" Circle, the 3-1/2" Circle Die or the Scallop Circle Bigz Dies for the Big Shot would work as well if you don’t have a circle cutter), 126999 Delicate Doilies Sizzlit, 1-3/8" Circle Punch, 3/4" Circle Punch, 127819 Lacy Brocade Embossing Folder, 126896 Be of Good Cheer Designer Series Paper

You can purchase the Scentsational Season Stamps and the Holiday Collection Framelits in a bundle at a 15% discount:

• WM: 129945
  • CM: 129946

CLICK HERE TO VISIT MY ONLINE STORE

My 12 Weeks of Christmas newsletter campaign starts on Wednesday!  Are you subscribed?

Catherine Pooler

Thanks to Mojo Monday for the inspiration sketch this morning!

• Kimie October 1, 2012, 11:12 am

Omega! This is the cutest little card. I love that DSP and that little gingerbread man. Nathan is going to love it. I have a similar idea I am working on for him. TFS! :)

• Kristie October 1, 2012, 4:30 pm

Oh my! Nathan is going to love this card!!!! That DSP and gingerbread man is perfect!! TFS!!! :)

• Debbie October 2, 2012, 6:48 pm

Nathan will love that card. The DSP is just adorable!

• Tina October 2, 2012, 9:37 pm

Now that is one AMAZING card!

• patricia p. October 6, 2012, 11:19 pm

A sweet jesture to cheer Nathan up..Might I suggest using an Action Wobble…I’ve seen them demonstrated and they really work fantastic..one little touch with your finger tip and they go to town all on their own..
    A cute card for Nathan and a good kind thought…
    pat

• Jacqueline October 24, 2012, 5:15 pm

Thanks so much for this Catherine ! I have a Halloween card I plan to send to Nathan as well….You are such a wonderful person to do this….God Bless you !

Christmas Projects

Clean and Simple Butterfly 2

Butterfly Thank You Card

RainbowButterflies

Butterfly Rainbow with the Rock and Roll Technique!

View More: http://em-grey.pass.us/catherine-pooler-october-2016-em-grey-photography-raleigh-nc

Best Practices for the Midnight Ink Pad

Alana and Petey

The “Petey” Experience

Spring Sale

More Creativation Favorites

Perfect Banners 7

CP’s Favorite Things from Creativation!

Creativation

Straight from Creativation

Embossing Paste and Stencils 2

Embossing Paste with Stencils with The Perfect Reason SOA

Second Generation Stamping with The Perfect Reason Collection YT

Second Generation (and ombre!) Stamping with The Perfect Reason

CASEing Allison and CP 3

Creating a Clean and Simple Card – CASEing with The Perfect Reason SOA!

This Week at StampNation…

Using Dies as Stencils Catherine Pooler

Using Dies as Stencils with The Perfect Reason SOA

Eva and Catherine Valentine's Day Card 2

The Cutest Video Hop Ever – Valentine’s Day Card by Eva

PerfectReason_Instagram_AvailableNow

The Perfect Reason SOA Winners!

31925642823_b0b86fde71_z

The Perfect Reason SOA is now available!

ProjectGuide