Mass Producing Masculine Card Making Video Tutorial

I’m going to start out today’s post by saying WOW.  Again.  You all seemed to really enjoy the Mass Producing Birthday Cards Video Tutorial from Monday!  Yes?

One thing I heard was that  it was a great reminder that we don’t have to continually out-do ourselves and make magnificent pieces of artwork that take hours every time we sit down to the stamp table.

There is a time and a place for magnificent pieces of artwork, don’t get me wrong!  It’s just nice to remember, that even simple cards ARE pieces of art and brighten someone’s day just as much.

I took Alana to the doctor this morning (she’s had wheezing and breathing issues on and off since she was a baby…a breathing treatment and she was good to go…home from the doctor, mac n cheese for lunch and straight to school with her! I digress.) and I was thinking,

"What if I made this a weekly feature and archived them all together in one category on my blog for future easy reference?"

What do you all think?  Would that be useful to you?

If yes, leave me a comment and let me know what you think I should call it!

With that, on to todays card and video:

Mass Producing Masculine Cards Video Tutorial!

I was asked by a few stampers to take one layout (or sketch) and show a few different ways to embellish it.  Ok!  This layout is the same as Monday’s but it looks quite different, doesn’t it?  It’s also the same layout as the card from my newsletter yesterday.

If you are not subscribed to my newsletter, you’ll want to get on it!  SUBSCRIBE HERE and you will get the videos in the My Friend Video Series which kicks off with a video on how to tie a flat bow.  Who doesn’t need to know how to do that!?

Measurements:

• Base:  4-1/4 x 11
  • Layer:  4 x 5-1/4
  • DSP: 4 x 4, then cut off 3/4" or so…a little more, a little less, it doesn’t matter!

Stampin’ Up Supplies:

If you like this tutorial, please click one of the share buttons below the post to help me spread the word about paper crafting and my blog!  I would so much appreciate it.  XOXO

Be sure to check back tomorrow…I have a friend to share with you. :)

Catherine Pooler

I hope you enjoyed this card and if you would like to see more Simple Cards to Make check out my youtube channel!

If you like easy to make cards, View my Christmas Card Making Series from last year here.

Not sure how to clean your rubber stamps and clear mount stamps?  You can view my video on how!

• Sheilda September 7, 2012, 3:47 pm

Love the mass producing cards – it sure goes fast and they are very nice. Keep up the good work.

• Vickiw September 7, 2012, 4:07 pm

I have really enjoyed seeing your “mass produce” videos, especially the masculine one. How about doing some mass produced Sympathy sometime. Since you asked I would encourage a variety of cards.

• Kristie September 7, 2012, 5:24 pm

WOW!!!!! Love this mass producible masculine card! Would love to have a weekly feature of Mass Producible cards! Not sure what you could name it but I think it would be very useful! You are the best!!

• Sue Alg September 7, 2012, 5:34 pm

Thanks so much for showing mass produced cards. I would love to all sorts of mass produced cards. I also like when you “step it up”

• kimie September 7, 2012, 7:01 pm

I love this card. Thanks so much for the video on how to mass produce these. I would love to see this as a weekly feature too. You really are the best!! :)

• Yvonne September 8, 2012, 3:07 am

I love the new quick and easy card demonstrations. Keep up the great work.
    Cheers Yvonne

• Lynda S September 8, 2012, 4:38 am

Hiya Catherine fm Down Under!!!
    Firstly…great VDO. Love the idea. I am thinking I can use the same concept with Well Worn DSP too (inset cogs clunking). Love the simplicty of it all…suits ment to “T”!!!
    Secondly…great pic under the “About Me” banner. Strike that post girl!!!

• Elainej September 8, 2012, 8:58 am

Thank you for the video. Yes, I would like a weekly video tutorial. Everything you do is great. I encourage those who have not joined StampNation to do so. This lady is incredible and keeps us on our toes. Thanks, Catherine.

• Barb Ghigliotty September 8, 2012, 10:14 am

Hi Catherine ~ I would really love a weekly video series like this…thanks!

• Jennifer September 8, 2012, 10:34 am

Wow! I would love a weekly archive of mass production cards! As you know, it was thru your Christmas card mass productions of 2011 that I “met” you!! And, I do tend to think that my creations have to be fancy, when in fact, a simple card may be just as much appreciated!

• Debbie September 8, 2012, 11:20 am

Loved the tutorial on mass producing cards. Let me also say, as a member of StampNation, that I cannot wait to see the tutorial on that gorgeous card you revealed.

Folks, StampNation is a fabulous community of crafty folks sharing friendship, creativity, ideas and fun! I love it.

• Lee Ellen Chinn September 8, 2012, 11:43 am

Love these fast and easy cards. Only thing hard is to choose the “perfect” paper.

• Joy jones September 8, 2012, 12:28 pm

Another WINNER from our stamping guru!!! A weekly feature like this ???? Yes please!!!

• Debbie R September 8, 2012, 7:18 pm

Love the mass produced cards and would love a seaprate category for them. How about Easy Peasy Masses? LOL! Keep them coming and thanks so much!

• Kris in Alaska September 9, 2012, 3:20 am

Love it! Especially since it’s a masculine card series! I need more of those! Thanks… please do more!

Kris in Alaska
    funamom at yahoo dot com

• MichelleP September 9, 2012, 7:45 am

Mwah – you’re awesome! Yes to the weekly feature – you’re so brave to even think about commiting to that…but then again, that is so you CP: nothing is too difficult for ya! It is better to have made cards (that may not be hard in terms of technique wise) than to have not made any card at all because of time constraint.

TFS :-)

• PamR September 12, 2012, 10:29 am

Hello from Canada!! Love the Mass Produced cards!!! Love the Masculine card. I live with 3 guys!!..Thanks so much for the great ideas and inspiration! I would love to see these cards as a weekly feature on your blog. I found you last fall searching for mass produced Christmas cards ideas..and are the best source for card making I have found!! Simply awesome!!!

• cecile September 13, 2012, 8:36 am

Good Morning, Just watched your video on manly cards. Love it very simple yet perfect. Please continue the vieos, really draw great inspiration from them. Cecile

• Janice November 21, 2013, 12:51 pm

I love the ric-rac paper. Did you use a punch to make that?? So cute!!!

• Taylor July 4, 2014, 10:01 pm

This is the first time I see one of your vids and it was very cool!! I especially LOVE masculine cards. I come from a very large family and many of them are boys/men, so I always especially appreciate new ideas for masculine cards. I am sooo looking forward to seeing much more!!! Thank you so much for sharing and the inspiration!! Taylor:)

• Kathy Bury September 19, 2015, 9:51 am

Love making male cards, they often get forgotten

Gallery KISS Cards Masculine Projects Videos

RainbowButterflies

Butterfly Rainbow with the Rock and Roll Technique!

View More: http://em-grey.pass.us/catherine-pooler-october-2016-em-grey-photography-raleigh-nc

Best Practices for the Midnight Ink Pad

Alana and Petey

The “Petey” Experience

Spring Sale

More Creativation Favorites

Perfect Banners 7

CP’s Favorite Things from Creativation!

Creativation

Straight from Creativation

Embossing Paste and Stencils 2

Embossing Paste with Stencils with The Perfect Reason SOA

Second Generation Stamping with The Perfect Reason Collection YT

Second Generation (and ombre!) Stamping with The Perfect Reason

CASEing Allison and CP 3

Creating a Clean and Simple Card – CASEing with The Perfect Reason SOA!

This Week at StampNation…

Using Dies as Stencils Catherine Pooler

Using Dies as Stencils with The Perfect Reason SOA

Eva and Catherine Valentine's Day Card 2

The Cutest Video Hop Ever – Valentine’s Day Card by Eva

PerfectReason_Instagram_AvailableNow

The Perfect Reason SOA Winners!

31925642823_b0b86fde71_z

The Perfect Reason SOA is now available!

ProjectGuide