Mass Producing Birthday Cards Video Tutorial

Hello Friends!  If you have checked my blog recently, you know I was a bit under the weather on Friday.  I’m recovering from my cold, but it didn’t completely hold me down this weekend.  We were able to go to the lake for a bit with some friends and had a dandy time!  There were seven girls in our group and we spent some time with another family on the lake who had, get this, two daughters of their own.  Nine girls.

I hope you did something fun this weekend…and according to my facebook page, lots of you were stamping!  Awesome!

On to the stamping….I make all the birthday cards for the teachers at Sycamore Creek Elementary School, and they have been running low.  I usually make a lot of my cards with a birthday greeting and every couple of months, I send a batch.  Well, I didn’t have many on hand, so I got busy mass producing birthday cards!

View the video to pick up some tips on mass producing cards quickly and leave me a comment letting me know if you enjoy this sort of tutorial, or if you like the more complicated cards better.  Or maybe you like a mix!  I would love to know!

This card is very basic if you want to make a lot, or change up and/or add a million different details to make this card an incredible work of art.

Stay tuned! I have another set of mass produced birthday cards with a masculine theme and one with some fun stamping coming up.

Stampin’ Up Supplies:

Measurements:

• Base: 4-1/4 x 11
  • White Layer:  4 x 5-1/4
  • DSP: 4 x 4

I hope you enjoyed this card and if you would like to see more Simple Cards to Make check out my youtube channel!

Catherine Pooler

Tasteful Trim Die

Bring on the Cake Stamp Set

Patio Party Designer Series Paper

• Kristie September 4, 2012, 1:27 pm

LOVE these Catherine and love the mass producing video! TFS and I cannot wait to see the masculine one too and the Christmas one. Woohoo something to look forward to! Glad you were able to have some fun this weekend even though you were under the weather. :)

• Tricia September 4, 2012, 2:22 pm

I love the mass-producing video ideas, along with your suggestions on how to step them up a bit.

• Catherine September 4, 2012, 2:24 pm

Thank you Kristie! I bet you could take this basic design and really run with it!
    Thanks for your well wishes, I appreciate that.

• Becky Nichols September 4, 2012, 5:54 pm

Love your videos and the mass producing especially around the holidays cause the cards can be so time consuming.I am always looking for some cute and quick ideas. Thanks for sharing

• Marci September 4, 2012, 9:15 pm

Loved the card and this will work perfect for cards for my work. Thanks for the quick, simple and really cute!

• Laurie September 4, 2012, 9:34 pm

Really enjoyed this tutorial. I do like a mix (quick and easy vs more labor intensive) I vote to mix it up. Thanks for your great inspirations.

• Michelle September 5, 2012, 6:19 am

I love these kind of video series too Catherine. The only thing I would suggest is maybe if you also include at the end a couple or so finished cards that have been stepped up as a way of comparison to the cards in the tutorial? Thanks for sharing.

• veronica September 5, 2012, 8:49 am

This quick style card is just great, especially with Christmas just around the corner. Also great to make a stack to give as gifts.
    Glad you are feeling better.

• pj September 5, 2012, 9:06 am

This was the first video I watched; and I really like the finished product! You make it seem so easy. However, you went so fast I couldn’t catch the measurements, is there a quickie instruction sheet somewhere?

• Connie September 5, 2012, 9:26 am

Cute and simple….what could be easier! Like seeing a mix as sometimes I can spend more time on a card than others. Thanks for sharing!

• Kimie September 5, 2012, 11:30 am

This is such a cute card, CP. TFS the card and video. Looking forward to the masculine and Christmas ones too. :)

• Margie September 5, 2012, 11:45 am

This will be awesome for my 50 christmas cards and my 40 holidays cards for my hubbies guys at work….thank you, thank you, thank you…..

• Debbie September 5, 2012, 12:59 pm

Awesome, as usual! Can’t wait to see the masculine one as well.

• Alissa H. September 6, 2012, 7:48 am

I think this series is a fantastic idea! And what a super cute card too. Thanks, Catherine!

• Mary Ann September 6, 2012, 8:26 am

Great video! I like the idea that you can change the embellishments to create different versions of the same card. I love your blog and your Stamp Nation site.

• Kimberly September 6, 2012, 8:40 am

Catherine, I love this CAS birthday card, I need to do serveral for up coming birthdays and this is just perfect!

I am looking SO forward to the masculine, and Christmas cards, too!!

You never disappoint, my sweet SISTAH!!!!!

Kimberly

• Nancy September 6, 2012, 11:19 am

Love the quick and easy videos. Please do more for the holidays. I make lots of cards and this is a great way to make them. Keep up the good work.

• Mary September 6, 2012, 11:23 am

GF !! I love it, its great to see quick ways to mass produce cards. I need to get on it my self. Take Care.

• Jean September 6, 2012, 11:33 am

I do like the idea of making a simple card with the option to gussy it up however much you want. The butterfly/glitter idea is good, but perhaps taking a card and giving several ways to embellish it would help the most.
    Thanks for sharing your ideas and talent.

• Catherine September 6, 2012, 11:40 am

Great idea, Jean! Thank you for the comment, I appreciate it and it helps me deliver content to you that is helpful.
    My card for tomorrow is basically the exact same card, embellished a bit differently. Stay tuned.
    Did you get my newsletter today? Again…basically the same card, but a bit different! 
    Hope it helps!

• Catherine September 6, 2012, 11:40 am

measurements coming…

• Sandy September 6, 2012, 12:22 pm

What a great video! Loved seeing how to mass produce a card. Sometimes I over complicate things. This is just wonderful. thank you so much!

• Marlene September 6, 2012, 6:25 pm

Great idea. Thanks for jumpstarting my inspiration.

• Kris in Alaska September 7, 2012, 2:26 am

Awesome! Encore! Encore! More!

• Joana September 8, 2012, 12:37 pm

Wow! Please continue any card maker can always use helpful hints as quick and easy get’er done cards.

• Jan April 23, 2013, 3:27 pm

Loved it. Jan

• Debi June 11, 2013, 4:33 pm

I agree with Sandy. I also tend to over complicate card making. You made it seem so simple and still have a nice card. I cant wait to get started!

Please make more tutorials like this one.

• Marg June 12, 2013, 8:59 pm

Thank you , this was eye opening – great ideas for mass producing cards- I make cards for a local nursing home for residents and this was truly helpful – cannot wait to give it a try.

• Lucy K August 2, 2013, 2:07 pm

you rock! Love your videos and learn so much!!
    THANK YOU!!!

• Georgeanna Rodriguez September 20, 2014, 10:36 pm

Love it!!!!

• Janice Hilton March 13, 2015, 7:19 pm

The simplicity of the KISS mass produced cards is exactly what I love. You always reaffirm the sizes of the paper you cut and I so appreciate that. :-) I’ve started doing what you suggested by adding touches of embellishments to the basic card suggestion. Wow. I love them! Thanks a mill Catherine and your colleagues for the videos. Those visual learners like me are in heaven with these. Lol Lol :-)

Gallery KISS Cards Limited Supplies Series Videos

Stamp of Approval Project guide

Who’s looking for inspiration?

Winterhaven-Stamp-of-Approval-Joy-Wreath-Feature-Image

Pink Snowflake Joy and WINNERS!

SOA Winterhaven Joy Chalkboard 2

Blog Hop Day 3: Chalkboard Holiday Cards and Watercolored Wreath

SOA Winterhaven Joy wreath 2

Blog Hop Day 2: Tis the Season Wreath Card and Faux Metal Accents

SOA Winterhaven Tags 2

Winterhaven Stamp of Approval Collection Blog Hop Day 1: Good Stuff Tags

SOA Winterhaven carolers 2

Winterhaven Stamp of Approval Preview Day 2: Here We Come A-Caroling

SOA Winterhaven Watercolor Poinsettia

Winterhaven Stamp of Approval Preview Day 1: Tis the Season and Here We Come A Caroling Stamp Sets

View More: http://em-grey.pass.us/catherine-pooler-august-2016-em-grey-photography-raleigh-nc

Card Making Goodness is out of control! (in a very, very good way)

wcmd2017_blogfb (1)

World Card Making Day Sponsors

WCMDcollage

Our World Card Making Day Weekend begins on Friday!

Multi-Step Stamping and Angled Card Front 4

Multi-Step Stamping, Tone on Tone Stenciling and Angled Card Fronts

SOA-CPBlogPost

Clean & Graphic Leaf Motifs with Maureen

Congrats with Arjita Singh

Creating a Winter Sunset Scene

Creating a Winter Sunset Scene Tutorial at StampNation

Hello Clean and Simple

Fun and Fabulous Items Coming to the Shop!

Soft Stenciling with Heather