Stampin’ Up Mini Catalog Cover Christmas Ornament

I had a few requests from stampers wanting to know how to make this beauty.  It’s a bit time consuming, but it’s worth it.  The results are stunning!  What do you think?

Click one of the buttons at the bottom of this post if you like it so you can share it with your friends, you don’t want to leave them out!

Hint: you can download this entire step-by-step tutorial immediately as a PDF for offline reading later, just click here!

Enjoy the article? Then take it with you! Click here to download the PDF.

SHOP IN MY ONLINE STORE

Click any of the bold, burgandy product names to view in my online store.

Stampin’ Up Supplies:

• Ornament Keepsakes Stamp Set (WM: 128048 CM: 128051)
  • Cardstock: 101650 Very Vanilla
  • Ink:  126953 Old Olive, 126966 Cherry Cobbler
  • Accessories:  127841 Cherry Cobbler Tulle ribbon, 119246 Basic Rhinestones, 104199 Linen Thread, 126901 Candlelight Christmas Specialty Paper , 127816 Holiday Ornaments Framelits Dies

Ornament Keepsakes Bundle – Purchase the Ornament Keesakes Stamp Set and the Holiday Ornaments Framelits Dies together and get 15% off!

• Wood Mount: 129949
  • Clear Mount: 129950

In a hurry? You can download this entire tutorial – complete with 15 photos – immediately as a PDF, just click here.

Happy Stamping

Comments

1. I think the ornament is beautiful. I make ornaments for people every year and give them as gifts!! I would love to see the snowflake ornament video. Thank you so
    much….Have a great day….

2. Thank you for the video. You made it so clear and made it look easy. Very encouraging for all.

3. Oh, thank you! It is beautiful! I so appreciate your “bowing to pressure” and taking the time to make the vid!!

4. I was in love with this ornament since the Holiday catalog first arrived and could not find instructions anywhere as to how to make it. Catherine, thanks so much for making it possible and for making it come alive! Can’t wait to see the StampNation post too!

5. Wow Catherine – what excellent directions – thanks so much for taking the time needed to show how to make this ornament – think I’ll start now. Thanks again – I love it.

6. Catherine,

Lovely, can’t wait until I can try this! Yes, a lot of work, but as you say “worth it”. I am retiring soon form my 45 years of working, so I look forward to having time to create!
    Thanks for sharing ~
    Victoria

7. craftbutler says:

Excellent…just what I wanted and hadn’t asked for yet. LOVE IT!

8. Wow! What a wonderful job you did.

9. love the video such a lovely idea, and you make it look so easy

10. LOVE IT! Wonderful job Catherine. I took notes & actually think I can make one – Wahoo! I have a Christmas Club member who wants us to make one at an upcoming workshop. Hope I can. Likely one of the more simple ones. Your demo was fantastic!

11. Thanks so much for the great video, I am in the process of making one of these ornaments, but learned several things from your video!

12. Coral Powell says:

Hi Catherine,
    I am so glad I happened upon your website.
    Your videos are amazing, and so easy to follow. Thank you for sharing the instructions for the Christmas ornament.
    I look forward to receiving your posts.
    Regards,
    Coral (from Australia)

13. The ornament is beautiful!!! I love blue and white one too. I would like to make these ornaments!! Thank you for the video,Catherine.

14. Catherine , I had looked at that cover and told myself I had to make it! a million thanks for doing all the thinking for me. I am from Australia I I don’t think I can use you as my demonstrator – but you are certainly my teacher.

15. Joy Haywood says:

Thank you so much that is beautiful.
    I will try and make them for our Charity Bring & Buy Day

16. Catherine,
    Wow- thank you for sharing your creative talents. Your step by step video is fabulous.

17. Catherine, this ornament is so gorgeously beautiful. I really want to get this set of stamps and dies now, I can’t wait.Love it!

18. Thank you so much Catherine for this. I hold a cardmaking class each Wednesday and since the “Girls” have seen the mini they have wanted me to do it. I have been sat figuring out how it was done and now you have done it for me. Once again thanks a lot. The only problem now is that we have to wait till 1st September here in the UK to get the stamps. Am I wishing my life away? LOL

19. This ornament is so pretty. Thanks so much for the video tutorial and the extra little video for SN members! You make it look so easy. As much as I loved this ornament on the cover of the catalog, I had no intention of trying one because of the time involved. You have changed my mind. :) LOVE!

20. Love the tip with the shot glass! Now I need to buy this bundle! Thank you.

21. really nice work, thks

22. I love this ornament and your instructions are so easy to follow! Thanks so much for coming through for everyone who asked~including myself! You are the best. :)

23. Thank you for a great video. This ornament is gorgeous and your tips will help to make this easy to assemble. You rock. :) I love your work.

24. Penny Douphinett says:

Catherine, that is a wonderful tut! Thank you so much. It is beautiful and seems easy to make – they will make great gifts.

25. MaryLou Moroski says:

This tutorial was amazing and you made it look soooo easy,thank you for the inspiration. Keep up the good work:-)

26. Great video! Thanks for taking the time to teach us how to make this ornament.

27. Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!!

28. Thank you Catherine, for sharing the mysteries of this lovely ornament. I am anxiously waiting for the 1st September when i can order the stamps and framelets.

29. Linda Johnson says:

Great instructional for a gorgeous ornament

30. You are an AMAZING teacher! Your instructions were so clear and simple. I think your approachable style really works. Thank you for posting this video. It is great!

I noticed in the catalog picture that it seems like the ornament is double sided. Would that just be 2 of these ornaments glued together? Any tips on doing that? Can we eliminate any of the pieces to make the backside 3-dimensional as well?

31. Marge Disbrow says:

Love it Catherine, have to make time to get some of these done. Thanks

32. Susan Silne says:

Great Video Catherine!!

This ornament for Christmes is sow cute that you gave a nice idea for making ornaments like this for oder Holiday’s.

33. Catherine, I have the supplies to make this ornament from last year but never made it. Your instructions were very clear and simple to follow and I thank you for sharing them with us. Now, I can make it myself and will have a beautiful new ornament for 2013.

Thanks!

34. This is fan tas tic love it . I will get my girlfriends to make one for our Christmas party. thanks for sharing