Perfectly Preserved Stampin’ Up Back to School Hand Stamped Card (this is #5!)

Do you have a little one that just started or is about to start school?  My “little” one starts SEVENTH grade on Monday.  Ooooh, boy.  How did that happen?  You can see my post from one year ago when she started middle school.  I was a hot mess that day!

The first year of middle school may have been her best year of school so far, so here’s to hoping a continuing trend here!

A couple weeks ago I was playing with the Perfectly Preserved stamp set by Stampin’ Up and stamped a row of apples.  I decided not to use it on the project I was working on and there it sat…right on my desk…I guess I knew it would come in handy!

Yesterday Anna and I did some running around in preparation for school and enjoying one of our last days together before the whirlwind begins.  When I came home, I saw the strip of apples and decided to make a card.  I thought adding this sentiment from the Word Play stamp set made it a perfect first day of school card for Anna.

What do you think?

Stampin’ Up Supplies:

• Perfectly Preserved Stamp Set (WM: 126690, CM: 126692), Word Play Stamp Set (WM: 120308, CM: 120651)
  • Cardstock:  Whisper White, Early Espresso, Real Red
  • Ink:  Real Red, Lucky Limeade, Early Espresso Marker
  • Accessories:  Tasteful Trim Die, Red Stitched Grosgrain Ribbon, Perfect Pennants Die, 2-1/2″ Circle Punch, 117155 Brights DSP Stack

SHOP IN MY ONLINE STORE

I didn’t use the Cannery Framelits on this card, but I do recommend purchasing them together.  You can purchase them Cannery Framelits and Perfectly Preserved Stamp Set in a bundle at a discount!

• Wood Mount: 129943
  • Clear Mount: 129944
  • Clear Mount French: 131022

If you purchase these items, I also highly recommed the 129267 Bitty Banners Framelits and 120908 Small Oval Punch to cut out the greeting elements from this set.

I’ve had so much fun working with these products and I’m cooking up another idea in my head…stay tuned to see more ideas with this great bundle of products!  Click one of the buttons below this post to share with your friends!

Hope your weekend is FANTASTIC!

Catherine Pooler

• TraceyR August 24, 2012, 6:08 pm

No pun intended right? (Cooking up another idea…) :)
    Anna will love her card; can’t believe she’ll be in 7th grade.

• kimie August 24, 2012, 7:44 pm

This is so stinking cute! :) I love the row of apples, the colors, pretty much all of it – as usual. I don’t believe you ever make an “ugly” or a “bad” card, do you? :) TFS!

• Maddie August 25, 2012, 5:36 am

Absolutely love it! They grow up far too quickly don’t they? :(

• Jackie August 25, 2012, 8:26 am

Absolutley love this card…it is so colorful and very cute….

• Kristie August 26, 2012, 2:51 pm

Stinkin cute is right! Great card for your Anna, they do grow up way too fast!! TFS your creation and looking forward to see what you are cooking up! hee hee

• Jennifer August 26, 2012, 9:13 pm

Another card I’ve fallen in love with!! I love your use of the Perfectly Preserved stamp set with another one of my favorites, Word Play!!!

Gallery Projects

winners

Winners for the Stamp of Approval Blog Hops!

Counting Blessings Fallen Leaves1

Counting Blessings Stamp of Approval Blog Hop Day 3: Stencil and Watercolored Backgrounds

Fallen Leaves 4

Counting Blessings Stamp of Approval Blog Hop Day 2: Fallen Leaves

Bloomin' Bouquet 1.1

Counting Blessings Stamp of Approval Blog Hop Day 1: Bloomin’ Bouquet

Counting Blessings Thankful

Counting Blessings – Grateful, Thankful, Blessed

Counting Blessings Until Further Notice

Counting Blessings – Stenciling with Multiple Colors

Counting Blessings Faux Bleaching

Counting Blessings Stamp of Approval – Faux Bleaching

CountingBlesings_BlogFBComingSoon

A Quick Card and a peek at the Counting Blessings Stamp of Approval Collection!

IngridCU-CP-FP-2b

The Perfect Pear with Ingrid Blackburn

Chrissie_Pineapple

Masked Mod Flower Stencil with Chrissie Tobas

ECShow_Instagram

Enchanted Cottage, here I come!

Floral Background KISS Cards_3

Floral Background: KISS Cards

citrushello

Summer Citrus with Melissa Miller

Mod Flower Watercolor Card 2

Using Stencils as Stamps – Brick Wall with Graffiti Style Sentiments

How to reink youtube

How to Reink your Ink Pads- sounds easy, but you’ll want these tips!

pineapplethanks