Have you heard about the new Stampin’ Up Ink Pads?? At first I was like, what the heck? What’s wrong with the pads we already have?
The answer to that question is well, just about nothing! They are GREAT pads. BUT, after I used the new ones, I have to say that I do like the new ones better.
The "old" ones are made of fabric, a felt…and the edges fray a bit. Not a huge problem, but if you don’t catch it, ink will leak out. They also get a little "dip" in the middle of the pad. Again, not terrible, but not awesome. And you have to "work" a tiny bit to get a fully inked stamp.
With the new pads, NONE of that is true. Here! See for yourself and watch the video to see them side-by-side:
Can you believe what an incredible job they do at inking your stamp!!?? My goodness! I think I am convincing myself to get all the new pads. Uh-oh!
Now here is the official low-down from Stampin’ Up!:
With the introduction of the 2012-2013 annual catalog, we have made a very big change to our Stampin’ Pads.
Introducing firm foam pads! They change your stamping experience for the better.
We know you’re going to love these new Stampin’ Pads—just look at all the exciting benefits listed below:
- Provide better ink coverage for your stamps!
- Light-tap stamping produces flawless images!
In addition, our new Stampin’ Pads
- Create wonderfully solid images. The Firm Foam releases more ink onto your rubber stamp than the felt pads. When using the Firm Foam pad, your stamp will get an even, solid covering of ink that you may not have been able to achieve with the felt pads. Please note: if you are using the ink pad frequently you may need to re-ink your Firm Foam pad more often.
- Have a crisply printed, glossy label on the top of the pad that is easier to read and that will not fade or chip off!
- Come with color name labels in all four languages (English, Spanish, French, and German)–just choose your language, peel it off the back, and add it to the side of the pad for easy identification!
- Use the same patented flip-top case design that stores the inking surface upside down, so the pad surface stays moist!
- Are available in all colors, including our exclusive In Colors!
Please note: Five ink colors have undergone formula changes to improve functionality and color stability with the new firm foam pads. These colors are
- Basic Black
- Basic Gray
- Marina Mist
- Perfect Plum
- Tempting Turquoise
All five colors of the reformulated inks have been fully tested and approved. While using the new ink formula in the old Stampin’ Pads is fine, we do not recommend using the old ink formula for these five colors in the new firm foam pads.
If you would like to order your new Ink Pads, click here to visit my online store.
You can also order them by the color collection and get a little discount ($49.95 for 10 colors or $5.95 a piece):
- 126987 Brights
- 126988 Subtles
- 126989 Regals
- 126990 Neutrals ($39.95 for 8 ink pads)