Masculine Card with Stampin’ Up’s Patio Party Designer Series Paper

The Masculine Cards keep on comin’!  This time I used the new Patio Party Designer Series Paper Pack from Stampin’ Up.  It has great graphic designs and some of the patterns are perfect for masculine cards!

Today’s card is super Clean and Simple and the polka dot theme was inspired by the challenge at CAS-ual Fridays and the sketch is from Clean and Simple Stamping.

I used my 1-1/4" circle punch to cut three circles from one sheet of DSP.  This particular sheet is awesome with stripes of different patterns in varying widths.

When I look at a piece of Summer Starfruit Cardstock (the yellow here), honestly, well, how to say this politely?  ummm….I guess I’ll just be nice and say I don’t care for it.

BUT, when I put it with other colors, especially with some DSP, I think it makes a really great accent color.  Here I paired it with Midnight Muse.  I love the result!  How ’bout you?  A winner?  Or no?

I actually finished the card, took photos of it and started editing the photos when I decided to go back and add something to the card.  I cut 3/4" circles out of Midnight Muse and added them to the centers of the DSP circles.  I think it really added a needed punch to this card!

The greeting was stamped three times without inking between stamping.

Stampin’ Up Supplies:

• Curly Cute Stamp Set
  • Cardstock:  Whisper White, Midnight Muse
  • Ink:  Early Espresso
  • Accessories:  Patio Party Designer Series Paper, 1-1/4" Circle Punch, 3/4" Circle Punch

CLICK HERE TO ORDER IN MY ONLINE STORE

The party continues at StampNation!  Coming soon: videos using the same DSP shown here to make another CAS card, then the same card stepped up a couple notches…stay tuned!

CLICK HERE FOR FULL MEMBERSHIP BENEFITS AND HOW TO GET STARTED TODAY!

Catherine Pooler

Want to learn how to make more handmade masculine cards?  This video will teach you how!

• Kimie June 8, 2012, 8:28 pm

This is such a cute card! Love the circle thing you have going on! :) I agree with you that Summer Starfruit by itself really is not a color I get excited about, but every time I see it on a card you have made with the other new In Colors and/or DSP, I really do like it.

• Kimberly Lane June 8, 2012, 10:27 pm

Catherine – I love all the different ways you incorporated dots into this card! I think the colors look awesome together. And I really like the generational stamping – a great technique that I need to try more! Thank you so much for playing along with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

• Lynn June 9, 2012, 8:23 am

Catherine, I have a question about the DSP circles (Patio Party). When I look in the catalog, I can’t find anything that looks like what you punched for the 1 3/4″ circles. While I don’t have to copy your design exactly, I’m wondering what I’ve missed! Love the color combination, and like you–not sure how I feel about that Summer Starfruit. It IS different. Thanks.

• Jennifer June 9, 2012, 3:38 pm

If I may be honest, the Summer Starfruit color is not on my lists of “likes.” That is not to say that people cannot be creative and use it nicely as an accent color, though.

• Shea June 11, 2012, 10:22 pm

I must be one of the only people who likes Summer Starfruit, but there you have it. And it looks great with the Midnight Muse. Love the look of the greeting, too, having only been inked once. I need to try that technique. Thanks for sharing, Catherine!

• Michele Gross June 13, 2012, 6:44 pm

The colors on this card are just fabulous! Love your layered dots on the sentiment panel too! Thanks for playing with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

• Sally July 7, 2012, 4:53 am

Clean and crisp….actually for anyone….good one to have on hand. Like the colors too~

Gallery Masculine Projects

Blog Hop Prize

Party Collection: Spring Fling Release Blog Hop

MelonIce

Welcome Melon Ice! and a Father’s Day Card

Eli- Mint to Be

Ink Color #8 Clue and Welcome Mint to Be!

ItsABoy

Ink Color #7 Clue and Welcome It’s a Boy!

Happy Easter!

Happy Easter and a look at the Spring Fling products!

Pixie Dust 4

Ink Color #6 Clue and Welcome Pixie Dust!

It's a Girl2

Ink Color #5 Clue and Welcome It’s a Girl!

IAGTPhoto_1

Ink Color #4 Clue and Welcome Sweet Sixteen!

Garden Party 2

Ink Color #3 Clue and welcome Garden Party

GPartyTeasePhoto_2

Ink Color #2 clue and Welcome Bellini!

TeasePhoto_3

Ink Color Guessing Begins!

Sharing Collage 2

Tomorrow is a big day!

Sponged, Sprayed and Embossed

Sponged, Sprayed and Glitter Embossed

Glass Bead Glitter Gel and Brusho

Glass Bead Glitter Gel, Brusho and Stencils!

Double Points!

Celebrate the weekend with DOUBLE points!

We Moved!