The Sale-a-bration My Favorites Series has been one of my favorites so far! This series had lots of fun cards including:
- 6 Video Tutorials
- a One Layer Card
- 2 Cards by Eva
- 2 Bonus Tutorials for StampNation Members
Which is your favorite!?
I wanted to wrap this series up with a bang, so I decided to do a Swing Card. I first tried one of these several years ago and honestly, I thought it was a bit too complicated and wasn’t impressed.
StampNation Members! I have another way (I think it’s an easier way!) to get this same effect. Video coming… Details on membership: http://www.catherinepooler.com/stamp-nation-2/
I decided to give it another try and made several of them to get the hang of it with the measurements and folds and such and I’ll say, once you practice a bit they are quite easy to make! Be sure to have the measurements nearby and take your time. If you mess up a few times, don’t give up!
View the video to see how to make a Swing Card!
- Cut your cardstock base to 5-1/2 x 6-3/4
- at 2-3/4" score to 1-1/4"
- pick up your score blade and move it to 4-1/4 and score to the bottom of the card
- now move your cardstock over the 4" and repeat the scoring you just did
- turn your cardstock, lining it up at 4-1/4
- cut at 1-1/4 to score line
- then cut score line to 5-1/4
- turn card and repeat on the other side
- turn one more time. line up at 1-1/4 and cut from cut to cut on both sides
Does this make sense? The directions sound involved, and are tricky to write out, so let me know if I made any errors!
Stampin’ Up Supplies:
- Fresh Vintage Stamp Set (free with a $50 purchase through March 31)
- Cardstock: Very Vanilla, Pumpkin Pie, Crumb Cake
- Ink: Chocolate Chip,
- Accessories: Everyday Elegance Designer Series Paper, Big Shot, Dimensionals, Beautiful Wings Embosslit, Basic Pearls, Square Lattice Embossing Folder
I hope you have enjoyed this series of cards and videos! If you like the products seen here, they can be ordered in my Online Store.
Have you seen my exclusive My Friend Video Series? The first video kicks off with a Clean and Simple Card and teaches you how to tie a flat bow.
CLICK HERE to see the first one, then be sure to put your info in the box to the right of the video to become a subscriber!
Happy Day stamper friends!