Sale-a-bration My Favorites #2 in the Series Video Tutorial

I have a funny story about today’s card.  Yesterday I filmed this video right before the kiddos came home from school, edited all the photos and started the blog post.  All I had to do this morning was edit the video, upload and finish the post.  Easy peasy!

This morning when I began to edit the video, I found all kinds of things wrong it.  It was an editing nightmare!  yikes!

So, I took a big breath and re-did the video.  Like completely over.  From scratch.  This NEVER happens…I’m not a perfectionist, so I usually just go with “good enough, you get the point!”  lol!

I decided to tweak my design a bit and I actually think I like this card a tiny bit better than the first one!

I also decided to turn lemons into lemonade and have some fun with the first video.  I “edited” a lot out, but kept in a lot of bloopers and added some other fun stuff to it.  I was glad to have some comic relief for myself after a few stressful obstacles I’ve dealt with this week.

Where is the video?   Well, I save some of my wackiest stuff for members of my site, StampNation.  I guess I feel “safer” there and my ridiculousness isn’t all over the internet for everyone to see.

So, if you are a member, hop over in a bit to see the edited/unedited version.

Not a member?  If you dare, CLICK HERE FOR DEETS and join us today!

Now on to the card.  This is the 2nd video in the series on my FAVORITE Stampin’ Up Sale-a-bration products!

I began running video series back in July and I have really enjoyed them.  It’s a great way to see many different ideas using one set of supplies (sometimes with a few other goodies thrown in.  I just can’t resist!!).  If you’ve missed my past series, or just want to take another peek at them, CLICK HERE to peruse them all.

If you missed the first card in THIS series, click here to view it!

What do you think of today’s photograph?  I am constantly refining how I take photos.  There are some bloggers out there with some top notch photos that I envy, but mine just aren’t at that level.  I just started using Photoshop and I think they look a bit better.  Also, do you like a plain white background, or one with some contrasting DSP like in this photo?  I’d love to hear your thoughts!

Stampin’ Up Supplies:

• Elementary Elegance Stamp Set
  • Cardstock: Whisper White
  • Ink:  Soft Suede
  • Accessories:  119851 Curly Label Punch, Everyday Elegance Designer Series Paper, Big Shot, Beautiful Butterflies Embosslit, Vintage Wallpaper Embossing Folder, Dimensionals

Have a wonderful day and I hope you can carve out a few minutes to stamp today!

• tiffany bauer February 18, 2012, 1:17 am

Love love love this card Catherine!!! WOW!!! I will be featuring this card on My Crafty Picks #53 with a link back to your blog on 2-19-12. Make sure to stop by to check out all the picks and to pick up your blog badge to display on your blog for being featured!!

If you wish to decline please email me by responding to this comment to let me know.

Thanks and take care
    Tiffany Bauer

• Nancy February 18, 2012, 1:35 am

I love what you did with the dsp! I’ve never seen that before.

thanks
    nt

• TraceyR February 18, 2012, 10:22 am

I love the white on white; how cute would this be with the “Happy I do day” sentiment and some newsprint DSP to change it up to a wedding card. :)

• Catherine February 18, 2012, 11:28 am

Thank you so much Tiffany!
    Tracey- that would be perfect! Or maybe Mocha Morning would be fab as well.
    Nancy, thank you! It just popped into my head one day when I was looking at some samples with twine wrapped around frames like this.

• Jodi February 23, 2012, 9:16 am

Just started watching your Youtube videos, I thoroughly enjoy them…something about your style is appealing. Thank you for sharing.

• Jan Hoyt March 1, 2012, 3:15 pm

I think the card is beautifully photographed and I love it either way…white on white is always pretty but I kind of like the little bit of pizzazz from the contrasting DSP in the background, what a clever idea!

• Linda Arnold March 16, 2012, 9:54 pm

I like a contrasting background for the cards; white on white cards are wonderful but tend to hide in a white background!

Gallery Limited Supplies Series Projects Videos

Laurel CASE 2

Paradise Found Release Blog Hop Day #3

Best in Spa Colors 2

Paradise Found Release Blog Hop Day #2

Winter Woodland 2

Paradise Found Release Blog Hop Day #1

View More: http://em-grey.pass.us/cp-october-2017-product-images-em-grey-photography-raleigh-nc

Spa Collection Ink Release details and Winners!

day5

Two More Colors!!

View More: http://em-grey.pass.us/cp-october-2017-1-100

Spa Collection: Fourth Ink Color Reveal!

Screen Shot 2017-11-06 at 7.11.07 PM

Introducing Our New Ink Line!

View More: http://em-grey.pass.us/cp-october-2017-1-100

Surrounding Yourself With…

finding inspiration

Finding Inspiration

My Favorite Place

My Favorite Place….

2017101801

Best Wishes Hand Made Card with Ardyth

SelfCareWeekend_FB-Blog

CP’s Self-Care Weekend and a CHALLENGE!

Thank You Hand Made Card with Stenciling

KristieIpickyou

Citrus Slices and Checkerboards with Kristie

Kristieswoop

White and Black Popped Sentiment Focal Point with Kristie Goulet

Stamp of Approval Project guide

Who’s looking for inspiration?