Holiday Happiness Stamp Set with a Halloween Stamp???

Have you ever used a Halloween stamp set on a Christmas card?  Today was a first for me, I do believe!  Remember last week when I was sad because I posted my last Halloween card and was putting up all my Halloween stamps?  Well, I decided to get one back out today!

Do you recognize which one it is?

You are right!  The branch is from the Out on a Limb Stamp Set and makes a perfect ornament hanger!  The ornaments from the Holiday Happiness Stamp Set are the ideal size to hang from that branch.  With these 2 sets, we’ve got ourselves a winning combination!

I wanted a soft, slightly vintage look and I used the Candy Cane Christmas Designer Fabric to take the lead.  I designed the rest of the card around it.

A little glitter on the branch and the ornaments for sparkle and the feel of snow.  Then, a snowflake that was sitting on my desk leftover from my Christmas Card Stamp-a-stack this weekend finished it off.

Polka Dots and Stripes rule this card from the fabric, to the DSP, to the patterns on the ornaments and the embossed Crumb Cake Background Layer.  I dabbed a bit of Crumb Cake ink on the embossing folder before running it through the Big Shot to give the card some texture.

Join us on Facebook for the discussion!

12 Weeks of Christmas…

Hope you enjoy today’s card!  If you are not already on my newsletter list, you will want to subscribe!

You’ll get the 4 videos in my exclusive subscriber-only series (first one HERE) and the 12 Weeks of Christmas.

Week #6 comes out on Wednesday!

In addition, throughout the year you get inspiration, project ideas and more delivered straight to your inbox.  See you there!

Stampin’ Up Supplies:

• Out on a Limb Stamp Set, Holiday Happiness Stamp Set
  • Cardstock:  Bashful Blue, Very Vanilla, Crumb Cake
  • Ink:  Chocolate Chip, Bashful Blue, Real Red
  • Accessories:  Stripes Embossing Folder, Snowflake Punch, Fire Circle Rhinestone Brads, Dazzling Diamonds Glitter, Bolds Designer Paper Stack, Cutter Kit, Candy Cane Lane Designer Fabric

Catherine Pooler

Today’s card came together in a snap after being inspired by the Mojo Monday Sketch and a card I saw on Stamp Away With Me!  Love this sketch and I love the colors and the feel of this card, hope you do, too!

I also entered this card in the challenges at:  Craft Your Passion, I Did It Creations, CI Paint, Bells n Whistles, Forever Friends (old- Snowflake Punch, New- Out on a Limb), Heartsongs Inspirations, TSGClearStamps, Totally Stampalicious

• Jenn November 7, 2011, 10:49 am

I love the look of this card! Thank you for joining us this week at Craft Your Passion Challenges and good luck!

~Jenn~

• Julee November 7, 2011, 11:03 am

Such a pretty card! Love those ornaments and the touch of glitter. Thanks for playing Mojo Monday!

• Carla November 7, 2011, 9:06 pm

Oh My! I love this… it’s so simple and elegant! Thanks for entering the Creative Inspirations Paint Challenge!

• barb November 8, 2011, 12:42 am

Well Catherine,

Thats just such a smart idea, would have never thunk it. Thanks for sharing, now I’m going to have to go paw through my other stamps, see what I could come up with.

Happy Creating,
    Barb

• Elizabeth November 8, 2011, 7:14 am

Beautiful card!

• Shannah November 9, 2011, 2:36 am

What a beautiful Christmas card – I love the colours and textures! Thanks for joining our Heart Song Inspiration Challenge this week! Hugs, Shannah

• Lori November 9, 2011, 11:09 pm

Very cute card! Thanks for joining us at Totally Stampalicious this week :)

• Shannin November 10, 2011, 3:40 pm

Your card is super cute. Thank you for joining us this week for our anything goes + brown Challenge at Craft Your Passion Challenges. Hope you are having a wonderful week and good luck.

Shannin

• Melody November 10, 2011, 5:02 pm

Such a lovely card!!

• Debbie C November 10, 2011, 11:34 pm

Fantastic holiday card!!! Love the sparkle and fabric! Thanks for playing Mojo!!

• Julie Hoffman November 12, 2011, 8:21 pm

Beautiful card! Love the sparkle! Thanks for playing along with our Anything Goes Challenge at Totally Stampalicious this week!

• Emma H November 13, 2011, 7:09 pm

Fun card, love the colours and the touch of sparkle! Thanks for playing along with Craft Your Passion this week!

Big Shot Christmas Projects Stampers' Q&A

GET YOUR GUIDE: "THE TOP 10 THINGS EVERY STAMPER NEEDS TO KNOW"
(number 10 is my all-time favorite!)
Plus you’ll be added to my FREE mailing list to receive my best paper crafting tips and tricks that I only share in emails!

ehcp2

Witchy Poo, Stencils and Embedded Mica Embossing Paste Technique – video tutorial

switcheroo graphic

Stamping Switcheroo!

Before_After

Behind the scenes of the new catherinepooler.com

housewarming party 2

Embossed and Watercolored Congratulations Card

How to enter to win $300 in prizes!

HousewarmingPartyLogo3

Housewarming Party! challenge and prizes!

Fall Clean and Simple Clearly Besotted

Clean and Simple Fall Card with Embossed Gold Glitz

Halloween KISS Cards 2

Halloween KISS Cards with Clearly Besotted

NewCatherinePoolerHere

The NEW catherinepooler.com is HERE!

Screen Shot 2014-09-04 at 8.19.47 AM

StampNation’s Dream Team!

PapercraftingQandA

Favorite Designers and a Q&A with Catherine and Anna

irRESISTables-450x418

Layered Card with Imagine Crafts sprays and inks & Inky Fingers!

CatherinePooler_blog2

a new cp.com

sneak

KISS Cards with Imagine Crafts irRESISTables

LogoWithWhite

A year’s worth of inspiration…

august 20