Craft Room Tour!

Woooohooooo Everyone!  My Craft Room is DONE!  It’s done, it’s done!  I’m so super excited.  It took me 8 days to paint and move 2 rooms.  I knew this was going to be a huge job.  But it was worth it and I am super happy with the results.

One thing that was exciting was emptying the room and building it back up the way I wanted.  I’ve learned that shelving is KEY, and having it right at your work area is very important.  This way, everything in my craft room that I use on a regular basis is within arm’s reach.

Since my craft room is the first room you see now when you walk in my house (we’ll eventually put french doors on this room), I need a place for everything and I needed it to be CUTE!  So I used lots-o-baskets and tied ribbons around them and hung metal edge tags from them.  I glittered the tags and wrote on the tag what was in the basket.  So fun!

Hope you enjoy my craft room tour and can get some organization tips to use for yourself!

• Marjorie Eades March 11, 2011, 2:59 pm

Great job on the craft room, dont you love it when you can find everything?
    if you are looking for something to do with your extra cards Operation Write Home is a great organization, I’ve been sending cards for about 9months now and it does a heart good but just remember no glitter and the cards should be 5.5 x 4.25, if its makes it easier for you, you can just send them to me and I’ll get them where they need to be.

• VickiR in OH March 11, 2011, 6:31 pm

Absolutely Beautiful craft room!
    I found your blog, as we’re both members of RSC.

• Joan Schonrock March 12, 2011, 12:37 pm

Thanks for the great craft room videos and for the ideas and inspiration. Sometimes I feel like I spend as much time “re-organizing” as I do “using” and I think maybe some of your ideas will be useful (although I don’t have the amount that you have), but then, you’re in the business…
    Thanks!

• Dianna March 12, 2011, 4:46 pm

Very inspiring! And I agree: it’s vital that everything we use regularly be within reach.

• Linda January 3, 2012, 10:22 am

Loved your new crafting room. I try to be organized on all my supplies, too, which helps a lot. You did a great job!

• Sharon November 20, 2014, 8:48 pm

I hope to have my crafting space look like that one day! I like the open shelves and labeled baskets so you can find what you are looking for at the time. Great space Kathryn!
    Sharon

• Sharon November 20, 2014, 8:53 pm

Forgot to mention that no lids is the way to go for sure – easy to see and get what you need next!

• Edna Burgess November 20, 2014, 10:53 pm

Great job in such a short time. I’m sure it would take me 2 months to organize my things. I think I have 3 times more stamps than you have and 2 big dressers full of just paper and card stock. Plus all the other things I’ve accumulated over the years. However, I wish mine looked as neat as yours does. Nice work. Edna

Projects Videos

GET YOUR GUIDE: "THE TOP 10 THINGS EVERY STAMPER NEEDS TO KNOW"
(number 10 is my all-time favorite!)
Plus you’ll be added to my FREE mailing list to receive my best paper crafting tips and tricks that I only share in emails!

limited supplies sneak

The Virtual Retreat begins…

Screen Shot 2015-04-17 at 2.06.36 PM

StampNation Member Highlight: Tristan Dawes

Kuratake Gansai Tambi Watercolors 2

Kuratake Gansai Tambi Watercolors for the Pin-sights Challenge!

Watercoloring with Distress Markers 2

StampNation Dream Team Highlight: Allison Cope

Intro to the MISTI 2

Intro to the MISTI Stamping Tool

diagonal envelope die ellen hutson 2

Diagonal Window Die Ellen Hutson – Video Tutorial

Joyce

StampNation Member Highlight – Stamper Joyce!