Craft Room Tour!

Woooohooooo Everyone!  My Craft Room is DONE!  It’s done, it’s done!  I’m so super excited.  It took me 8 days to paint and move 2 rooms.  I knew this was going to be a huge job.  But it was worth it and I am super happy with the results.

One thing that was exciting was emptying the room and building it back up the way I wanted.  I’ve learned that shelving is KEY, and having it right at your work area is very important.  This way, everything in my craft room that I use on a regular basis is within arm’s reach.

Since my craft room is the first room you see now when you walk in my house (we’ll eventually put french doors on this room), I need a place for everything and I needed it to be CUTE!  So I used lots-o-baskets and tied ribbons around them and hung metal edge tags from them.  I glittered the tags and wrote on the tag what was in the basket.  So fun!

Hope you enjoy my craft room tour and can get some organization tips to use for yourself!

• Marjorie Eades March 11, 2011, 2:59 pm

Great job on the craft room, dont you love it when you can find everything?
    if you are looking for something to do with your extra cards Operation Write Home is a great organization, I’ve been sending cards for about 9months now and it does a heart good but just remember no glitter and the cards should be 5.5 x 4.25, if its makes it easier for you, you can just send them to me and I’ll get them where they need to be.

• VickiR in OH March 11, 2011, 6:31 pm

Absolutely Beautiful craft room!
    I found your blog, as we’re both members of RSC.

• Joan Schonrock March 12, 2011, 12:37 pm

Thanks for the great craft room videos and for the ideas and inspiration. Sometimes I feel like I spend as much time “re-organizing” as I do “using” and I think maybe some of your ideas will be useful (although I don’t have the amount that you have), but then, you’re in the business…
    Thanks!

• Dianna March 12, 2011, 4:46 pm

Very inspiring! And I agree: it’s vital that everything we use regularly be within reach.

• Linda January 3, 2012, 10:22 am

Loved your new crafting room. I try to be organized on all my supplies, too, which helps a lot. You did a great job!

• Sharon November 20, 2014, 8:48 pm

I hope to have my crafting space look like that one day! I like the open shelves and labeled baskets so you can find what you are looking for at the time. Great space Kathryn!
    Sharon

• Sharon November 20, 2014, 8:53 pm

Forgot to mention that no lids is the way to go for sure – easy to see and get what you need next!

• Edna Burgess November 20, 2014, 10:53 pm

Great job in such a short time. I’m sure it would take me 2 months to organize my things. I think I have 3 times more stamps than you have and 2 big dressers full of just paper and card stock. Plus all the other things I’ve accumulated over the years. However, I wish mine looked as neat as yours does. Nice work. Edna

Projects Videos

Blog Hop Prize

Party Collection: Spring Fling Release Blog Hop

MelonIce

Welcome Melon Ice! and a Father’s Day Card

Eli- Mint to Be

Ink Color #8 Clue and Welcome Mint to Be!

ItsABoy

Ink Color #7 Clue and Welcome It’s a Boy!

Happy Easter!

Happy Easter and a look at the Spring Fling products!

Pixie Dust 4

Ink Color #6 Clue and Welcome Pixie Dust!

It's a Girl2

Ink Color #5 Clue and Welcome It’s a Girl!

IAGTPhoto_1

Ink Color #4 Clue and Welcome Sweet Sixteen!

Garden Party 2

Ink Color #3 Clue and welcome Garden Party

GPartyTeasePhoto_2

Ink Color #2 clue and Welcome Bellini!

TeasePhoto_3

Ink Color Guessing Begins!

Sharing Collage 2

Tomorrow is a big day!

Sponged, Sprayed and Embossed

Sponged, Sprayed and Glitter Embossed

Glass Bead Glitter Gel and Brusho

Glass Bead Glitter Gel, Brusho and Stencils!

Double Points!

Celebrate the weekend with DOUBLE points!

We Moved!