Stamp Room Moves…

We actually have been talking about this for a couple years now.  We have 4 rooms upstairs and 4 rooms downstairs.  My stamp room is in one of the bedrooms upstairs which means two of the kids share a room.  They have been fine, for now…but I know a time will come when they want their own space.

Downstairs, we have a "sitting room" that I LOVE, but it doesn’t really get used.  It’s just pretty to look at.  We also have a dining room that is used for, guess what?  CRAFTING!  The table is big when both leaves are in it and it is constantly covered with kids crafts, play-doh and is generally only cleaned off for when I have stamping classes here.

So, my thoughts for a while have been to get rid of the "dining" room,  move the pretty sitting room to the dining room, move my stamp room down to the sitting room and open the stamp room up for one of the kids.

I think this will make better use of the space that we have without "having to" move, add on to the house or whatever else we can figure out.

Today is the day when that move begins.

The Stamp Room

The "Dining" Room: work has begun!

The Pretty Sitting Room

Randall just went out to get paint and I’ve started cleaning up and cleaning out the dining room.  We are basically just moving the entire sitting room over… paint, furniture, rug, photos.  Wonder if I’ll be able to do it all today!?

I’ll keep you updated, this is going to be a big job.  Especially when it’s time to move the stamp room downstairs.  Aye!  We plan to have french doors put on the room as well so we can shut the doors…the room won’t be a showcase studio, as much as I would like it to be.

signature4

• TraceyR February 27, 2011, 2:04 pm

Exciting! Can’t wait to see it when it’s all done. :)

• Maureen M. February 27, 2011, 2:08 pm

Go Catherine Go! Keep us updated on how it all goes. Looking forward to seeing the before & after pics :)

• Joanne D. February 27, 2011, 2:29 pm

Wow, Catherine, what a project but it will all be worth it when it’s all done and everyone has their own “happy” room. Be sure to post pictures when all is complete.

• Joan V February 27, 2011, 4:05 pm

Sometimes just moving furniture around gives you a good feeling. Hope you find a new home for all your crafting supplies! Have a great day. :)

• Lisa February 27, 2011, 4:23 pm

How exciting!!
    I loved seeing pictures of your beautiful home (most especially the stamp rooom, of course) and can’t wait to see what progress you’re able to make!
    Sounds like it will be a wonderful solution for everyone and I really look forward to seeing the pictures.

• Susan Peters February 27, 2011, 4:46 pm

Wow! You never cease to amaze me at all the things you accomplish! Best wishes and can’t wait to see the finished room!

• Catherine February 28, 2011, 8:50 am

Thanks everyone! I have one more coat to go on the top of the dining room, then I will paint the trim and move furniture.
    Then I go to work on making the sitting room my stamp room! woot!

Projects

img_6839wtmk-1-550x550

More Holiday Wrap-Up Inspiration for You

thank-you-mittens-2

Holiday Thank You Cards using the Holiday Mittens Stamps and Dies

catherine-pooler-designs-holiday-wrap-up-bundle

Holiday Gift Guide – we’ve got you covered!

miss-you-foundations

Watercolored Emboss Resist Coffee Cup Card

thank-you-foundations-box

Holiday Thank You Card

happy-holidays-foundations-box

Ornaments Holiday Card by Lisa Harrolle

foundations-box-collage2

Foundations Box is open for ordering!

View More: http://em-grey.pass.us/more-than-sparrows-rwanda-em-grey-photography-raleigh-nc

Thankful This Holiday Season

cas-foundations-card2

Foundations Blog Hop Day 2

foundations-box-4

Foundations Box Blog Hop Day 1

Foundations Box

CP Designs Ink Q and A

foundations-box-3

A Look Inside the Foundations Box

fbshare_comingsoon2

Coming November 16: The Foundations Box!

View More: http://em-grey.pass.us/catherine-pooler-october-2016-em-grey-photography-raleigh-nc

More Good News! Reward Points – go get ‘em!

mysterycomingsoon

Catherine Pooler Designs is premiering INK PADS!

grassskrit1