Stampers’ Q&A: What Punches are the Best?

silhouette sentiments stampin' up

Here is a common question that came to me this week from Lisa:

"In so many videos I watch, there’s layering of a small circle onto a different color larger circle…then ultimately matted onto an even larger scalloped circle, etc…

I guess I’m just wondering what punches you’d recommend for me to have in my crafting arsenal…lol.  I have a Cricut and have many cartridges that can cut circles any size…yet sometimes I find I just like the ease of reaching for a punch and calling it good…so…which punches would you recommend as the "must-have’s that I use over and over?"

This is such a terrific question, I thought I would address it here for this week’s Stampers Q&A.  Hold on to your hats, ladies (and gents!) there is a lot of info here, 2 fabulous projects (at least I think so ;) and a video showing you the goods!!

My very favorite punches that I use over and over and over again are:

• 119861 1 1/4" Circle Punch
  • 119850 1 3/8" Circle Punch
  • 119854 1 3/4" Scallop Circle Punch
  • 119855 1 3/4 x 7/8" Oval
  • 119856 Scallop Oval
  • 117191 2 Step Bird Punch
  • 119849 Modern Label Punch
  • 119857 Word Window Punch

You can see I used the 1 3/8" Circle Punch and Scallop Circle Punch on this card that I made for 2sketches4you.  I also used the Faux Suede Technique on the strip of Riding Hood Red for IncyWincyDesigns.

CLICK HERE TO LEARN HOW TO DO THE FAUX SUEDE TECHNIQUE.

silhouette-sentiments stampin' up

STAMPIN’ UP SUPPLIES:

• Silhouette Sentiments Hostess Stamp Set
  • STAMPIN’ UP CARDSTOCK: Basic Black, Riding Hood Red, Very Vanilla
  • STAMPIN’ UP INK PADS:  Riding Hood Red, Basic Black
  • STAMPIN’ UP ACCESSORIES:  119861 1 1/4" Circle Punch, 119854 1 3/4" Scallop Circle Punch, Victoria Crochet TrimVintage Wallpaper Embossing Folder, Cutter Kit, Love Story Designer Series Paper

For this card, I used my Extra Large Oval Punch to make the pumpkin.

The Word Window and Modern Label Punches with the Teeny Tiny Wishes Stamp Set…those three are a PERFECT combination for adding just the right greeting to any card!

STAMPIN’ UP SUPPLIES:

• TEENY TINY WISHES STAMP SET
  • STAMPIN’ UP CARDSTOCK:  Basic Black, Pumpkin Pie, Old Olive
  • STAMPIN’ UP INK PADS: Old Olive
  • STAMPIN’ UP ACCESSORIES:  Waffle Paper, Wicked Fun Specialty Paper, Sweet and Sour Specialty Paper, Extra Large Oval Punch, Leaves Big Shot Die, Modern Label Punch, Word Window Punch

pumpkin-punch-card stampin' up

This card was inspired by the sketch at Papercraft Planet, Paperplaytime (use mostly orange) and Simplyscrapping (use pumpkins!), Oh-la-la (nothing floral), squigglefly (celebration).

If you are not on my newsletter list, be sure to sign up right away!  My 12 Weeks of Christmas Campaign just began and you don’t want to miss out on another week!

Click here to SUBSCRIBE and you will get subscriber only projects, tutorials, a sign up gift and a holiday idea for the next 11 weeks delivered straight to your inbox!  Oh, yeah!  Did I mention you also get a sign up gift?

If you would like to purchase the products to make this card, or other Stampin’ Up supplies, Click Here!

signature4

• Sharon October 11, 2010, 9:35 pm

This is just a wonderful card! Love how you used punches to make the pumpkin! Beautiful!! Thanks for playing in paper with us at Paper Playtime!!! :)

• Rosemarie Diehl October 11, 2010, 11:22 pm

So pretty! Thanks for playing along this week at 2S4Y!

• Nikki C October 12, 2010, 1:31 am

Great faux suede and fab use of punches too Thanks for Playing Incy Wincy this Week
    Hugs Nikki and the rest of the DT

• Wendi October 12, 2010, 3:41 am

What a gorgeous card I love those embossed pumpkins pretty papers too
    Thank you so much for sharing with us at ooh la la this week
    Wendi

• Maria Matter October 12, 2010, 9:00 am

beautiful cards Catherine!
    love the punched pumpkin…the embossing is brilliant!
    Blessings!

• Janis October 12, 2010, 10:45 am

Beautiful pumpkin card. Thanks for playing with us at Paper Playtime. :) Janis

• Ooh La La October 13, 2010, 8:05 am

Sumptuous card, love the technique. Thank you for sharing with us at OLL. Hugs x

• Holly October 13, 2010, 11:15 am

Wonderful card! Thanks for playing in the Squigglefly challenge.

• Catherine October 13, 2010, 5:22 pm

Thank you so much for your comments! I love reading them!

• kazan October 14, 2010, 8:28 pm

Wow that is a beauty Catherine – love the demo too :)
    Thanks for joining us this week at 2S4Y
    Hugs
    Kazan

• Sandra October 15, 2010, 7:05 pm

Such a great pumpkin card I love the embossing TFS at PPT!
    Sandra

Projects Stampers' Q&A Videos

Interesting Image

Chrissie Tobas Sending Love

Reverse Masking with Chrissie

youmalkemesmile

You Make Me Smile with Kristie and WINNERS!

BCSD Class collage

Birthday Cards for the year – DONE!

Faithful Flutterings and Stained Glass coverplate

Zen Garden Release Day 4: Stained Glass Coverplate and Faithful Flutterings

Eat Sleep Create and Chevron Cheer

Zen Garden Release Blog Hop Day 3: Eat, Sleep, Create Stamps and Dies

Love Grows 4

Zen Garden Blog Hop Day 2: Love Grows Stamp Set and Dies

Chevron Cheer

Zen Garden Release Blog Hop Day 1

Emboss Resist Save the Youtuber 3

Emboss Resist Technique – Save the YouTuber Blog Hop!

2018-01-26 14.01.01-1

Zen Garden is COMING! and product preview

KristieCPblog

A Colorful World Awaits with Kristie

Ink+Blended+Note+Cards+w-+Catherine+Pooler+Love+Is+In+The+Air+Stamp+of+Approval-1

Blended Note Cards with Cynde

SOA Jan Balloon Shaker Jenny Colacicco A

Shaker Card with Jenny Colacicco

Ink Blended Stamp Happy Birthday Card

Happy Birthday Hand Made Card with Ink Blending ON the Stamp!

IMG-4267

XOX Background with Ashlea Cornell

Love is in the AIR SOA Tracie Pond The World Awaits Bon Voyage

The World Awaits with Tracie Pond

Creativation - The People

Creativation Wrap-up and Video Tours of the Booth!