Catherine’s Color Combo #9: Welcome Home Stamp Set

welcome-christmas stamp set

Are you all thinking about holiday cards yet?  If you can believe it, we have less than 12 weeks to go!  Make sure you are signed up for my newsletter, so you can get the next 11 weeks of my 12 Weeks of Christmas Inspiration Campaign!  Click here to subscribe and get your free gift!

color-combo-9

I decided to use this week’s color combination to make a Christmas Card.  The inspiration for this color combo came from pages 6 and 7 of the Stampin’ Up Catalog.  If you do not already have a copy and would like to purchase Stampin’ Up goodies from me, send me an email and I will get one in the mail to you.

This is a bit different combo that I have used on a Christmas Card and all the while making it, I was thinking BLAH!  I don’t like this!  Has that ever happened to you?  But when I finished and it all came together, it’s much prettier than I thought it woud be!  What do you think?

If you would like to see how to use the Circle Cutter to make this fabulous circles, click here.

welcome christmas stampin' up

STAMPIN’ UP SUPPLIES:

• Welcome Home Stamp Set, Merry Messages Stamp Set, Winter Post Stamp Set
  • STAMPIN’ UP INK PADS:  Chocolate Chip Craft Ink Pad,115657 Soft Suede, 119671 Cajun Craze
  • STAMPIN’ UP CARDSTOCK:  119682 Marina Mist, 115138 Soft Suede, 119684 Cajun Craze,108641 Wild Wasabi
  • STAMPIN’ UP ACCESSORIES:  112530 Circle Scissors Plus, 112531 Glass Mat, 113144 Clear Rhinestones, 119275 Dotted Scallop Ribbon Punch120091 Northern Frost Decorate Big Shot Strip, 113439 Big Shot, 104430 Dimensionals,
  • EMBOSSING SUPPLIES:  100005 Heat Tool, 102197 Powder Pals, 103083 Embossing Buddy, 109130 Clear Embossing Powder, 102023 Dazzling Diamonds Glitter, 100425 2 Way Glue Pen

My inspiration today came from Stampsomething (punches and dies), Christmaschallenge (jesus is the reason- I thought the greeting was appropriate for this), Alphabetchallenge (Xmas), Fridaysketchers (sketch) and Annabellestamps (no dsp).

My 12 Weeks of Christmas Campaign has begun!  Are you a newsletter subscriber?

If not, be sure to SUBSCRIBE  right away so you don’t miss another thing!  You will get subscriber only projects, tutorials, a sign up gift and a holiday idea for the next 10 weeks delivered straight to your inbox!

If you would like to purchase the products to make this card, or other Stampin’ Up supplies, Click Here!

signature4

• Karin October 8, 2010, 11:37 am

That is very beautiful Catherine. Impressive. I have so enjoyed your cards lately!

• Kate October 8, 2010, 3:55 pm

Oh love this beautiful creation I love silhoettes and those snowflakes are fabulous
    thank you for being so quick to enter our challenge this week, hope you will join us again for the next challenge too

Hugs Kate xx

• Danielle Lord October 8, 2010, 4:52 pm

A simply beautiful card Catherine and the sentiment really touches on the true spirit of Christmas! The silhouette image of the family celebrating is gorgeous! Thanks for joining in the challenge at Winter Wonderland!
    Hugs, Danielle

• Andrea October 8, 2010, 11:31 pm

This is just beautiful!
    Thanks for playing along with us this week at AnnaBelle Stamps :)
    Andrea

• tiffany morgan October 9, 2010, 1:07 am

I love the layout of your card as well as the embossed image. thanks for playing along over at the annabelle blog.

• Sue W October 10, 2010, 5:38 am

What a beautiful card! Love the colours you chose too. Thanks for playing with us at Annabelle Stamps, hope to see more of your cards in our challenges.

• Catherine October 10, 2010, 6:48 pm

Thank you so much for your comments everyone! I love reading them!

Glad you like the colors and the embossing. I love the dimension the embossing added.

• Carolina October 11, 2010, 5:05 pm

Very pretty christmas card. Thank you for joining the Alphabet challenge

• Lorraine A October 14, 2010, 3:53 pm

gorgeous card :-) I love the image and the punching is fab :-)

thanks for joining us on the Stamp Something Challenge :-)
    luv
    Lols x x x

• Chong Valenzula October 30, 2010, 11:14 pm

Sick and tired of obtaining low amounts of useless visitors for your website? Well i want to let you know about a new underground tactic that produces myself $900 every day on 100% AUTOPILOT. I could truthfully be here all day and going into detail but why dont you simply check their site out? There is a excellent video that explains everything. So if your serious about making simple cash this is the site for you. Auto Traffic Avalanche

• Suzanne Miranda November 20, 2010, 12:12 pm

Wow, I like your blog !

Projects

Beautiful-You-Ingrid-Blackburn

Prominent Sentiments with Ingrid Blackburn

Shaped Card detail wm

Circle Shaped Card with Chrissie Tobas

SOA WInners

Stamp of Approval Winners!

Happy Birthday Watercolor and Embossed Card 2

Field Trip to Betty’s Creative Studio

Ellen Hutson Breast Cancer Blog Hop

UNITED WE CONQUER! Ellen Hutson BCRF Fundraiser

Spring Fling 039ADJ copy.jpgSMALL

Congrats with Lisa Harrolle

Congratulations Spot On 1

Congratulations Card with new Spring Fling Inks!